Less Alcohol - April 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hello for the second time today.....
    So, funeral over....but then back to work. Feeling back to normal, no illness no hangover etc. .... then I get a call....dogs out....I don't just mean little dogs roaming in the neighborhood....but large dogs exploring and ready to play...2 of them just dropped off this morning while my son and his family teavel to Arlington Cemetery to bury a friend....yikessss....
    Ok....all 3 found, safe and sound!! Alleluia!
    Home from work.... ughhh....what a day....
    Why what a good idea to sit out back in the 80 degree weather with a beer.... UGGHHH
    Back to the beginning....
    Plan G
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    Week 2 so far still in the game, the countdown continues:

April 8- 9 oz pinot grigio
    April 9- 8 oz dry rose (measured and poured the rest down the drain)
    April 10-7 oz pinot grigio (feel like crying b/c it's not enough LOL)

Real test will be FRIDAY, the day I am programmed to "REWARD" myself for being good all week. I do this with food too. When I blow it on FRIDAY, I say well I may as well continue and start fresh Monday. This logically makes no sense!!!! I've just erased all that effort and progress..... It's ME that is holding me back from my own progress!

I'm trying to visualize the person I want to be.....work in progress though obviously ;)
  • beebva4
    beebva4 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @FeelinFooFoo you inspire me when I see just how awesome you do with your good eating and no drinking! So to have one day I think is definitely okay! But since you have done so good don't make it too much a habit to turn to it. Like I have been lately :(
    I don't mean to, its just honestly my stress has been SO bad I havent given much care. But deep inside of me I am so ready to NOT drink anymore. Keep up the good work girl! :#
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    April accountability ~10 days so far
    No Alcohol: 5 days
    Alcohol: 5 days (11 drinks)
    Goal: AF days 4 per week / 16 per month

You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. - John C. Maxwell
    What a big change in my life … 2016-2018 I could not count my AF days … it was 2-5 glasses per night or other drink usually 6-7 nights per week. Loving the change I’ve made in 2019 and it is helping the numbers on the scale go down.

Challenging week ahead. Less than stellar start for the month. Ended up 1 day short of my goal for the week.
    Apr 1 - AF
    Apr 2 - AF
    Apr 3 - 2 glasses of wine. Dinner at home with DH instead of going to new bar with Sisters Who Sip.
    Apr 4 - 1 glass of wine w/ DH and 2 at Bunco. Slipped on that daily goal! Bunco: Plan 1 glass wine I’ve got to learn to stop at 1 at social events when there are multiple open bottles!
    Apr 5 - 3 glasses of wine (did not start with the beer before hand with DH which is a win) @ camp ... drank a bottle of water before bed then out fishing in boat early this morning.
    Apr 6 - 1 beer at 4pm fishing off the dock @ camp. WIN did not open the bottle of wine for dinner.
    Apr 7 - AF
    Apr 8 - AF
    Apr 9 - AF - Alumnae meeting theme “Learn the Art of Cocktails” with plenty of wine too: Plan just skip this month! Way to tempting and easy to go beyond my limits as well as the drive is 20 miles each way.
    Apr 10 - 2 glasses of wine; dinner with my sister
    Apr 11 - Plan AF
    Apr 12 - Spring Spectacular: shopping & mimosa: Plan limit 1 drink
    Apr 13 -
    Apr 14 -
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Balbie123 wrote: »
    Made it! 10 days AF. I'm feeling like that was a really good "reset" on what has become a drinking problem. I'm going to continue pushing to have as many AF days as possible in April, but more importantly I'm trying to figure out if I can be one of those people that has a couple drinks a couple times a week. If history is an indicator, I don't work that way.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You must feel great....can't wait to get there.....
  • Balbie123
    Balbie123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker Thanks and to keep it real, I actually feel like crap today. I think I've been WAYYY low on calories and it finally caught up to me while playing hoops this morning. Zero energy.

I haven't been tracking my exercise calories and I typically work out twice a day. I've only been eating about 1500 calories. I'm a 5'10 200lb male. I just revisited my suggested caloric intake and I need to be around 2k. Whoops. :)
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,591 Member
    Options
    I am going to continue with my goal of 4AF days per week.
    Weight loss is my main motivator.

April 1 - AF
    April 2 - AF
    April 3 - AF
    April 4 - 3 drinks
    April 5 - AF - super glad to have this forum to check in to for accountability, it really does stop me some days when I have had crazy days at work and really feel like having drinks.
    April 06 - 3 drinks, and up 1.6 pounds in one day from it. All the more reason for AF days : - )
    April 07 - AF - planning AF for the next 3 days at least
    April 08 - AF
    April 09 - AF
    April 10 - AF -

Running total: 8AF days out of 10 days so far
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,609 Member
    Options
    Had 1.5 glasses of wine last night at book club- and I am so grumpy today! I don’t think my system can handle the alcohol anymore! I was definitely hungry by lunchtime, but food didn’t make me feel better, neither did a power nap, neither did buying a new pair of shoes. I just feel out of sorts today.

The lesson in AE a few days ago was “why am irritated even though I stopped drinking”. I never thought next day grumpiness applies to me. Wrong!
  • globalhiker
    Options
    Week 2 so far still in the game, the countdown continues:

April 8- 9 oz pinot grigio
    April 9- 8 oz dry rose (measured and poured the rest down the drain)
    April 10-7 oz pinot grigio (feel like crying b/c it's not enough LOL)
    April 11-6.3oz Korbel champagne (Meh. I am now limited to "baby bottles", choices are very limited, learned 187ml is really 6.3oz, weird since 5oz is a serving right?)

Today my nerves are on fire even though I ran this morning. Feeling super grouchy. Brain says "need more wine". Like 2 more glasses. Sorry....ain't gonna happen...
  • globalhiker
    Options
    Gona be on holiday from work for 9 days, last day at work tomorrow and I will be consuming alcohol during my holiday. Here is my plan for keeping myself relatively in check.

Since I drank on Wednesday evening, I will stay AF tomorrow evening. Good thing about staying AF tomorrow night, wake up totally fresh for starting my holiday. ☀️

Saturday - @ hotel - drinks
    Sunday - mountain climb - drinks
    Monday - @ hotel - drinks
    Tuesday - AF
    Wednesday - AF
    Thursday - AF
    Friday - AF
    Saturday - out for meal & drinks
    Sunday - AF

During my hotel stay I want to keep a real lid on my drinking as I want to enjoy the holiday and not be hungover. That is my biggest motivator. C'mon, I can do this!!

Yes you can! You earned your AF medals...enjoy your upcoming week!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am going to continue with my goal of 4AF days per week.
    Weight loss is my main motivator.

April 1 - AF
    April 2 - AF
    April 3 - AF
    April 4 - 3 drinks
    April 5 - AF - super glad to have this forum to check in to for accountability, it really does stop me some days when I have had crazy days at work and really feel like having drinks.
    April 06 - 3 drinks, and up 1.6 pounds in one day from it. All the more reason for AF days : - )
    April 07 - AF - planning AF for the next 3 days at least
    April 08 - AF
    April 09 - AF
    April 10 - AF
    April 11 - AF - planned night out for the 12th, jam session at a bar. I have sang without drinking before, but prefer to loosen up with a couple first...we'll see. I love being less bloated, especially in the face.

Running total: 9AF days out of 11 days so far
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Womona wrote: »
    Quick update tonight- went to tap class and my grumpiness went away! Amazing what s little exercise will do to improve one’s mood. Also didn’t drink tonight. 😊

I love that you go to tap class : - )
    Exercise is great! The endorphins are better than booze - well, different effect at least.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    @FeelinFooFoo Yes you can do it FooFoo!! You've got it....Like @globalhiker said....my words exactly :)
    @Womona I love that you're taking tap dance classes!! They say that exercise is one of the best things to prevent or help with depression.
    @dawnbgethealthy You sing with a band!! How cool!! What kind of music do you sing? You have been doing so good, that I know you will get to that point of singing without the extra motivation. Keep it close, and look it in the eye...…….knowing you are stronger ;) Just my quick visual ;)
  • globalhiker
    Options
    Good Morning my LA Friends.
    I am learning.
    I'm learning that when I don't want to get on here and post or my UAC group it is because I am feeling disappointed in myself and don't want to own up to it.

Teri, I can relate to everything you said. Stay with us....It's been a difficult and challenging time but you are strong and can do this.