Maintainers Weekly Check In - April 2019

Options

Replies

• mdreddie
    mdreddie Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yesterday: 123 lbs.
    Maintenance range: 120 to 125 lbs.

I usually check my weight once or twice a week. This week however, I only checked my weight once. And I am tempted not to check it at all if I am just doing the same thing to maintain my weight. The scale reading really isn't changing, and I feel it physically when I am gaining or losing weight at this point. Do you know what I mean? Do you go a week or two without checking your weight if your diet consistently supports your maintenance goals?
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

@erjones11 giving yourself license to eat back exercise calories is tough - I definitely get that! You're doing great, though, and look to have stabilized where you'd like to be. Well done!

Have a great week, everyone!

Thanks Ben
  • nooie19
    nooie19 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Name: Elaine
    Height:5’3”
    Total weight lost: 33 pounds since my highest weight, but 30 pounds since my last round of weight loss
    Time it took to lose: 10 months to lose 25 pounds
    How long in maintenance: 5 months since I’ve been calling it maintenance, even though I lost five more pounds very gradually. February 2019 was the first month of not gaining or losing from beginning to end.
    Maintenance weight range: 127-132
    Average weight recorded from 2018: I don’t know. 2018 was the year I lost 30 pounds.

Week of...
    April 7: 131 moving average 131
    April 14: 130 moving average 129.7
    April 21:
    April 28

Successes and Chlllenges:
    Rough week in terms of stressful situations so I’m glad the scale is being kind. Didn’t get much exercise in.
    Found a new app that’s helping me sleep better at night. Yoga Nidra, a guided meditation for relaxation.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,175 Member
    Options
    pkweier wrote: »
    Name: Pam

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: Wasn't to sure which weight to put down on Saturday I was down to 132.2. I knew my weight would be up today my official weigh in day due to attending a fundraiser dinner which didn't start till 7 and dinner was late. In my head I know the weight is up (although down from last week) due to food still in my system and I had a few drinks. I've been out walking more over 28 miles logged this week and this isn't counting all the walking I did at work. Have a great week.

I just put down my AVERAGE for the seven days of daily weight. There's even more elegant ways to get a number that smooths out the fluctuations like Trendweight or WeightGrapher. You could report your trending weight or just an average. Check out the Hackers Diet for more information . There's a group on here that has a "True Weight Challenge" where you enter your weight each day, and it calculates a geometric mean rolling average. Very nice! I wrote a longer explanation about this an another chat. I'm sure it would be fine to post an average here.