Less Alcohol - April 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    Good Morning my LA Friends.
    I am learning.
    I'm learning that when I don't want to get on here and post or my UAC group it is because I am feeling disappointed in myself and don't want to own up to it.
    I am learning that the more I do that, the more I have felt recently like I am slipping away from my drive for success. I am seeing the warning flags go up.
    I am trying to take heed in them and own up to it.
    I am also learning that I REALLY feel better when I don't drink......LOL Lightbulb moment right....

I learned last night, when completing my food diary that what I ate and drank Wednesday, had me 1,000 calories over with a 5 week prediction back at 202 pounds!!! That's a tough lesson to learn.

Last night, AF. By choice. Thought about grabbing a beer just before bedtime because it taste oh so good. But I want to get completely away from that thinking. I love my alcohol. I love party animal. But she's really starting to annoy me and I'd like to distance myself from her.

Teri

These are huge discoveries, and big milestones on turning the corner of cutting down on drinking. Happy for you!
  • Womona
    Options
    AF last night- went to see my niece in her school play. So great to see I’m not the only one with the acting bug!

A few months ago I would have given a lot of mental energy the alcohol I didn’t get to drink. So happy to go to an event on a Friday night and not miss it at all! I could really engage and enjoy the performance instead of figuring out how I could get a drink before the night was over.
  • Womona
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @FeelinFooFoo it amazing how your perception changes. A whole bottle has gone from a normal amount to “too much for me”.

I’m with you in tastes changing. I’m really tasing the alcohol in a way I didn’t before, and it’s not especially pleasant. I’m not enjoying it like I used to.

I guess it’s like cutting out candy bars. When they are out of your system for a while, then you take a bite of a candy bar, it’s “Gak! Way too sweet. Blech!”
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options
    @AbandondedKSCharger
    Great to hear that you had an AF day Teri. It is better for the waistline ; - )
    I love this forum too. Checking in daily really is keeping me accountable. I read everyone's posts every day. We are all ahead of the game just by checking in.
    I sang for a living for 10 years when I was young, I just got back into it over the last few years as a hobby with a bunch of retired guys (I am not retired). We practice once a week but haven't played anywhere out. It is in another town, so I don't drink because I have to drive. Also we practice at 2 in the afternoon because we all go to bed at like 8pm lol. We do Southern Rock, Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker type stuff. Super fun.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am going to continue with my goal of 4AF days per week.
    Weight loss is my main motivator.

April 1 - AF
    April 2 - AF
    April 3 - AF
    April 4 - 3 drinks
    April 5 - AF - super glad to have this forum to check in to for accountability, it really does stop me some days when I have had crazy days at work and really feel like having drinks.
    April 06 - 3 drinks, and up 1.6 pounds in one day from it. All the more reason for AF days : - )
    April 07 - AF - planning AF for the next 3 days at least
    April 08 - AF
    April 09 - AF
    April 10 - AF
    April 11 - AF - planned night out for the 12th, jam session at a bar. I have sang without drinking before, but prefer to loosen up with a couple first...we'll see. I love being less bloated, especially in the face.
    April 12 - 4 drinks - Didn't even go out to the jam in the neighbouring town. I had such a long busy workday and 9pm just seemed too late for me to start to gussie up and drive there. I probably wouldn't have had any drinks had I gone, because I was driving. I was just too tired lol. It actually was nice to relax, have a few drinks, watch hockey.
    April 13 - AF

Running total: 10AF days out of 13 days so far
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am going to continue with my goal of 4AF days per week.
    Weight loss is my main motivator.

April 1 - AF
    April 2 - AF
    April 3 - AF
    April 4 - 3 drinks
    April 5 - AF - super glad to have this forum to check in to for accountability, it really does stop me some days when I have had crazy days at work and really feel like having drinks.
    April 06 - 3 drinks, and up 1.6 pounds in one day from it. All the more reason for AF days : - )
    April 07 - AF - planning AF for the next 3 days at least
    April 08 - AF
    April 09 - AF
    April 10 - AF
    April 11 - AF - planned night out for the 12th, jam session at a bar. I have sang without drinking before, but prefer to loosen up with a couple first...we'll see. I love being less bloated, especially in the face.
    April 12 - 4 drinks - Didn't even go out to the jam in the neighbouring town. I had such a long busy workday and 9pm just seemed too late for me to start to gussie up and drive there. I probably wouldn't have had any drinks had I gone, because I was driving. I was just too tired lol. It actually was nice to relax, have a few drinks, watch hockey.
    April 13 - AF
    April 14 - AF - going to make at least the next 3 days AF

Running total: 10AF days out of 14 days so far
  • Womona
    Options
    AF last night (Sunday). Had only one with dinner Saturday night.

Great to hear from you all! Lots of insightful comments.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Today marks the start of Week 3.

Week 1: 19
    Week 2:18 (wow I was expecting 14)

The positive: I mastered Friday and had 1 serving for Sunday dinner.

The negative: Only 1 less compared to week prior. While I drank less 6 days of the week, I blew it on Saturday. Analyzing what happened, did things I didn't normally do - exercised for 2 hours fasted, skipped breakfast , traveled to our favorite restaurant for lunch, and had wine -on an empty stomach- waiting for food. I then bought a regular size bottle of wine that night and drank 4 out of 5 servings in it, over the course of the afternoon and into the evening.

The take-away: eat breakfast, keep blood sugar in control, only drink with food
  • globalhiker
    Options

Womona wrote: »
    @FeelinFooFoo it amazing how your perception changes. A whole bottle has gone from a normal amount to “too much for me”.

I’m with you in tastes changing. I’m really tasing the alcohol in a way I didn’t before, and it’s not especially pleasant. I’m not enjoying it like I used to.

I guess it’s like cutting out candy bars. When they are out of your system for a while, then you take a bite of a candy bar, it’s “Gak! Way too sweet. Blech!”

I feel the same way with candy! With alcohol, I am generally drinking 11% wine now. 10% is great if I can find it. Anything over 11.5% tastes too strong and I have really developed an aversion to it. Maybe I will graduate to wine spritzers this week and can train my taste buds to prefer 6% :)
  • globalhiker
    Options
    Total calories from wine last week: 1,980! YIKES and I picked out the lowest calorie ones too...:(. It's gotta go!