JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @newbie2143 Welcome. This is a very supportive group and checking in daily with stating the intent for the day has really been helpful for me to get back on track to re-lose the weight that "snacked" back on. Hope it's a good tool for you too.

Yesterday felt like the weekend with visiting a woman who took care of our kids 30 years ago. How has so much time gone by? Did a aqua aerobics class with a very upbeat and fun instructor - so great to be around people that love life. It's contagious. Stayed in the green by about 300 calories by sticking to the plan and being very selective about what I ate. Pre-logging really works for me. Past couple of nights that little thought comes into my brain - oh just a little _________ (fill in the blank). I got a big cold glass of water and went to bed at 9:00.

JFT 4/20/19
    Pre-log my day at 1600 calories
    Work in the yard for my exercise (cross training)
    Figure out some interesting healthy dinners for the weekend
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    So back to simple… JFT ...Saturday, April 20th..
    Pre-log
    Track.
    Under calories
    Exercise
    Nightly routine to prevent binge
    Be on MFP in the evening.
    Stay focused.

Unfortunately, I had a second night of overeating! I think I tried too hard yesterday to restrict myself to make up for the binge. So today, back to an even keel of my allotted calories and tracking. Just plain & simple. The good news…. I’m on here today talking about it versus running and hiding as if it will go away on its own. I KNOW that won’t happen. And I KNOW you won’t shame me. I just need to keep at it and not let this bring me down to many days or months like the last time. Today is a new day!! Period! It’s a new day. And today, I can do anything!

@daneejela ~ Thank you for putting it into perspective. I’m really striving to learn why I flubbed up to not learn to be perfect, but as exactly like you said to keep the good period’s longer before falling off track.

@snowflake1968~ Thanks. Yes, really trying to figure it/me out this time so I can work through it next time. But hormones are unpredictable!!

@newbie2143~ Great group! I was on a long hiatus too. But really working hard this time, regardless of my mistakes, to stay accountable. This group helps.. ALOT!

I hope tonight to play some catch-up with ya’ll to support you and keep me busy and distracted while I’m at it! HUGS
    And Happy Easter.
    xdi6zs0lr6pm.jpg
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday April 19 - DETERMINED
    2L of water - 😩
    Calories in green - 😩
    Walk 1 Mile. -🙂
    Plank Challenge. - 😩
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 3/5
    Only 1 evening Snack. -😩
    5 something at bathroom break. - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. -😒

JFT - Saturday April 20 - DETERMINED
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I don’t know why I’m finding it so difficult to do what needs to be done. I need to do it, I want to do it, but I am just struggling so hard to make myself do it.

This morning I am going to Walmart to grab a few groceries for tomorrow. The whole family is coming. I have bought little gifts for the Grands and have to finish them today. The sun is shining and hopefully the wind stays away and I can get out for a walk.

A friend texted me yesterday and asked me if I needed a twin sized bed. I do for when we have guests coming for the wedding but I am being offered a free one now. I guess my craft room needs to be crowded again.

We went to get Rodgers suit ordered for the wedding yesterday. Kaitlyn met us there. She ended up changing the shirt colour that the guys will be wearing as the ivory colour is almost yellow. It was not pretty!

Ok I’m off to Walmart!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Hegoddard0928. - nice to read Matt was feeling better yesterday. I’m so happy for you for the job.

Zizzybumble - have fun riding!

Cory17 - I bought a scale a while ago and really need to start using it consistently.

Faebert - Have fun at the BF’s.

Littleblackskirt- I have not bought Eater chocolate this year either. I am going to make a cake for dessert tomorrow I think.

Korina75 - great job on one slice of pizza!

Clicketykeys - I’m curious, what happens if you don’t check your email at home? I used to work a job that stressed me out terribly. I finally told them that I would check my emails at home the week I was on call but otherwise I wouldn’t. If it was an emergency they could text or phone me. It helped me learn to relax a bit anyway.

Newbie2143 - welcome! I understand about regaining what you previously lost. It’s very discouraging, but we did it once (or twice or more) and can do it again.

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

JFT, 4-19-19

1. Log all food :)Logging everything and closing my diary earlier than normal kept me from having a snack before bed. I had a like 48 ounces of water before bed too. Lol
    2. Make shopping list :)
    3. Go to Walmart :)
    4. Leftover dishes in sink before dinner :)
    5. Clean kitchenette :)
    6. Get laundry together for tomorrow :|Kinda. Lol. Just have to add a few more pieces to put the bag.
    7. Actually make dinner! :)Orange chicken, brown rice and sweet peas
    8. Dishes after dinner! :)I only had two dishes in the sink when I went to bed and they were the bowl and spoon from my night time snack. Lol
    9. Night routine! :)Got to use my stickers again! Lol
    10. Bed before midnight :)Light off and phone down by 11:30

Good morning!

I had a great night last night. And a good morning. I got a few things done early. Although Matt only made it less than an hour at work before he came home. He was super pale. His manager understood and was okay with it. I'm really praying that we get an answer on Monday or Tuesday. Matt finished his antibiotics the other day. Since he came home early he has today, Sunday and Monday off. So it'll be a few more days of rest. He's missed 8 days of work though. So that's a really huge cut into his pay. We could use some prayers about that.

Okay, onto goals

JFT, 4-20-19

1. Log all food
    2. Food shopping :)
    3. Put all the food away :)
    4. Laundry
    5. Eat three meals
    6. Fold and put clothes away!
    7. Cook dinner!
    8. Stay on top of the dishes
    9. Night routine
    10. Bed before midnight
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm a bit late today, had a nail appointment then went shopping. I didn't intend to spend as much as I did and I feel a bit guilty, but I very rarely go shopping and more than half of it was workout clothes.

Positive thought: I bought two pairs of shorts I actually feel confident in, I don't remember the last time that's happened!

@Bex953172 I somehow missed your food poisoning post earlier (I'm not the greatest at keeping up), I hope you are feeling better!

Yesterday 4/19:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal 😞 went about 100 over, likely due to skipping my walk and not getting the extra calories
    3. Go for a walk at lunch if it's not storming😞 boss said we could leave early so I just plowed right through my break so I could get out of there LOL
    4. Finish work at 5:15 😁 left around 3:20
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pill😁
    6. Cook dinner😁
    7. Stay positive😁

JFT 4/20:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Get a minimum of 5,000 steps
    4. Do workout
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pill
    6. Wash a load of laundry
    7. Relax
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Goals: Results from Friday--April 19
    Exercise-20" :)
    Stay in the green :) thanks to 6000 steps and 20' exercise
    (It's hard staying out of the Easter goodies)
    Transplant tomatoes :/ not yet
    Practice one hour :)
    Finish correspondence :) finished three sympathy notes
    Walk 6000 steps :)
    Today, Saturday, is the beginning of a new day! Much better day yesterday. It's sunny here this morning--lovely gentle rain last evening, and everything looks so fresh. Daffodils are in full bloom, redbud is in bud, pansies look great, fragrant viburnum is blooming.--65 degrees, but windy
    Have a great day, everyone and wishing everyone a Happy Easter.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Add me!

WELCOME!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Saturday April 20

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :) but not the best food choices, I've not planned and shopped well
    5 fruit and veg >:) see above - 2 fruit was all I had in the house and no opportunity to shop
    Fitbit excercise goals :) my feet and the horse's hooves mean I am well over and I expect to ache tomorrow.
    January challenge >:) met the goal but probably not had enough given the warmth and today's activities
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :) I've been out and about all of today at a horse show, walking on foot and riding astride and sidesaddle.
    April challenge :) The horse behaved impeccably and his owner was very pleased with how he got on. I had a lovely time with him.

Out the house between 05:00 and 21:00 and pretty much on the go all of the time, falling asleep now. I hope others have had a good day. I plan to take things easy tomorrow and it's a good job I'm eating with my parents as the fridge is bare!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why I'm so undisciplined with my eating. It's like... in the moment, I just don't care. Even if I'm not hungry, "this will taste good and I want it" is enough of a justification. I'm never the one who, the next day, posts "I ate so much and I didn't even ENJOY it!" Nope. I enjoy it. It's just that it's more than my body needs - at least, if I'm going to lose weight.

And I don't think I need a "diet break." It's been like a year since I regained some of the weight I initially lost, and IMO that ought to be MORE than enough time for a break!

What is going on?! UGH.

@Snowflake1968 - hehehe, well, they know I'm an internet fiend. If email didn't work they could send me a Facebook message. :P *hugs* I feel you on things seeming more difficult than I think they ought to be!

@HEGoddard0928 - Yuck. I hope you get some answers. Usually if the antibiotics are working well, you see improvement before they're finished. :(

I did go to BodyPump and stayed for Zumba. We got groceries but decided not to take the recycling (major trip across town) and it's been rainy, so no car wash either. Should be good weather for a long run tomorrow. Monday one goal is going to be to get in touch with some of the coaches and see about getting some help with starting lifting. With the master's classes, money is tight, and I can't really afford a trainer. So I'm hoping someone at the school can give me some pointers. Heck, I'm not sure I even know how to load the bar!

I'm tryyyyying to get up to get my paper written tonight. I tend to get my other assignments done early in the week and then put the project off until the last minute. :P
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    For a no exercise day, I’m pretty pleased with my activity level. As of 9:00pm I have 25,842 steps in for the day. I think I paid for that donut this morning.

Only downside is that rain boots have little padding and zero support. My feet aren’t really talking to me right now, but I don’t care.
  • Tiggeroo2321
    Tiggeroo2321 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    So today was a HUGE success for me! Intermittent fasting-check! went for a killer one hour walk-check! I also surprised my SIL with a clean bedroom (they've been remodeling so their bedroom was taking the brunt of all the excess clothes and such) And I made supper and did the dishes (which might not seem like much, but I did all that for 12 people). And even with a coffee binge, my net calories were insane!

My feet are killing me, but I feel GREAT about today! My goal for tomorrow is to take a much deserved break from my walk, take a shower and actually do some freelance writing...and to keep on with my IF :) Here's to all of you doing this One Day at a Time!
  • Tiggeroo2321
    Tiggeroo2321 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @newbie2143-Welcome! I'm pretty new here too and I wanted to say that if there is a wrong way to do something, I'm sure someone (probably me) has already beaten you to it! I hope today was a great day for you and that tomorrow keeps adding to your successes! I for one am so thankful to this thread for keeping me accountable! I love jumping on and filling out what I did for the day!

We are all doing this one day at a time which puts us all on an equal level! You got this!
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    It's so late but I had a great day until the evening. Easter candy, wine, and yes, stress got to me.

JFT April 4/20

3 veg/2 fruit :)
    stay within calories >:) Not even close.
    30 minutes exercise >:) Nope.
    Cook dinner at home >:)
    drink 8 c water :/
    work done by 5 >:)
    basket stuff together :)
    Relax and enjoy time with husband tonight >:) Nope.

Today was almost a total fail. Going to wallow for a few hours and then get back to it tomorrow. But wallowing a little tonight.

JFT 4/21

Be reasonable at Easter Dinner
    Family walk for exercise
    Be positive
    Take the whole day OFF
    Be easy on yourself and don't let setbacks derail you

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why I'm so undisciplined with my eating. It's like... in the moment, I just don't care. Even if I'm not hungry, "this will taste good and I want it" is enough of a justification. I'm never the one who, the next day, posts "I ate so much and I didn't even ENJOY it!" Nope. I enjoy it. It's just that it's more than my body needs - at least, if I'm going to lose weight.

And I don't think I need a "diet break." It's been like a year since I regained some of the weight I initially lost, and IMO that ought to be MORE than enough time for a break!

What is going on?! UGH.

@Snowflake1968 - hehehe, well, they know I'm an internet fiend. If email didn't work they could send me a Facebook message. :P *hugs* I feel you on things seeming more difficult than I think they ought to be!

@HEGoddard0928 - Yuck. I hope you get some answers. Usually if the antibiotics are working well, you see improvement before they're finished. :(

I did go to BodyPump and stayed for Zumba. We got groceries but decided not to take the recycling (major trip across town) and it's been rainy, so no car wash either. Should be good weather for a long run tomorrow. Monday one goal is going to be to get in touch with some of the coaches and see about getting some help with starting lifting. With the master's classes, money is tight, and I can't really afford a trainer. So I'm hoping someone at the school can give me some pointers. Heck, I'm not sure I even know how to load the bar!

I'm tryyyyying to get up to get my paper written tonight. I tend to get my other assignments done early in the week and then put the project off until the last minute. :P

@clicketykeys - hugs! You have so much on your plate right now and you’re still looking to add more with lifting! Are you maybe struggling with the food side of it because you don’t have enough time to enjoy yourself otherwise? Believe me, I know how all-consuming the job can be. I hope some of the current stressors are over and done with soon and things settle a bit. Amazing job on the body pump/Zumba double! Sounds exhausting!

• Faebert
    Options
    @Tiggeroo2321 and @nlmackey98 - congrats on your days! Busy and productive by the sounds of it!

@bex953172 - wow! Exhausted just reading about your gardening. All the more impressive given you’re just recovering from food poisoning. It’s amazing how many calories gardening can burn. When I just let my Garmin track it it’s usually even more than the database would give me!

@korina75 sorry you had a rough end to the day. Wishing you a better one today. Your goals for today sound good. Definitely don’t let yesterday affect your enjoyment of today x
  • Faebert
    Options
    Had a really good day yesterday. I just felt really motivated and smashed through my goals pretty quickly so I could then lie in the sun and do nothing! Weather like this is rare in the UK so we all tend to panic, strip off, buy BBQs etc because we know it won’t last!!

I’m at the bf’s place now and soooo proud of myself for staying in calorie limit yesterday (and that includes having some chocolate Easter egg at midnight at the official end of Lent). Now my sugar ban is over but I think I might aim to keep it up for weekdays and only have added sugar at weekends. Thinking of going for a run this morning but I have a bit of heartburn. Will see if it passes and then make a call...

Saturday goals recap:
    - put away laundry ✅
    - pack for bf’s ✅
    - Warrior class 9:30 ✅
    - eyebrow threading ✅
    - pet food shop ✅
    - groceries - pears, tomatoes and Easter egg for bf ✅
    - Post office to collect parcel (if it’s open?) ✅
    - head to bf’s place ✅
    - relax in the sun! ✅

Sunday goals:
    - morning run?
    - Breakfast with bf
    - Pick up kids and head to parents place for lunch
    - Water!
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - Do kids laundry on arrival home
    - Bed by 10

Happy easter everyone x
  • Faebert
    Options
    I know we are supposed to be thinking positively but I’ve just had a comedy depressing thought that I had to share! There’s a new range of iced coffees out at one of the chains here that I read about and one is a salted caramel pistachio frappe. This is basically my dream - adore both flavours. Looked it up and it’s 489 calories!!! I just ran for 48 minutes at good pace (9.2 minutes per mile and over 5 miles total) and I earned 393 calories.

Yep - nearly an hour of intense exercise and it still wouldn’t ‘buy’ me that frappe!! 🤨