JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Posting my goals again, to keep them fresh in my mind. Today is a day I am so down. I just want to cry, but I can't. I finished the letter to disability, and also to our daughters doctor. I know we need to check into permanent housing for our daughter .. we just can't do this anymore. And she should not be living alone. So I am heartbroken. I love her so much .. who wants a life like this for your child. So all I want to do is cry, and eat. But I know that is not the answer. I have to stay strong. I have to stay healthy, to be on this earth as long as I can, for her. I would give anything if I could trade places with her. Last nite we went to the grocery store, and I lost her, only to find her standing in the middle of the grocery isle,looking down at the floor, crying. My heart is breaking, because there is nothing I can do except write to her doctor, and pray that the people at the disability office see what we see. A young girl, trying so hard to work to get her life back like she had it, but unable to.
    sorry for the rant ... but it has kept me from eating, and telling myself that I can do this.

JFT, Frd
    1. go to WW meeting :) Down 3 pounds from last week ... 5.4 pounds in 3 weeks. so don't give up.
    2. jan challenge -8+ water
    3. feb challenge - 1 snack, then brush/floss teeth
    4. march challenge - go outside for a walk. Really need to do this!!
    5. mindful eating
    6. plan meals for the week
    7. work on cleaning house
    8. try and finish baby quilt at least
    9. work on pc boards .. busy day
    10. stay positive. try not to be patient.

Just sending a big hug @mytime6630 - you are amazing xx
  • Faebert
    Options
    Condolences @Elbee1 - nice to see you back x
  • Faebert
    Options
    @snowflake1968 - hope you get a chance to rest and feel good for Monday’s interview this weekend x
  • Faebert
    Options
    @Bex953172 - your custard powder story made me laugh but you must be so tired. Hope you can get yourself sorted this weekend and wishing you lots of joy in your new home x
  • Faebert
    Options
    @clicketykeys - sorry about the play. Hopefully the one coming up is the role meant for you. X
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 My heart goes out to you. Sending you hugs and positive vibes. Both for you and your daughter.
    Congrats on the 3 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!

@snowflake1968 I love the pictures you've been posting. Precious! Good luck on your interview!

• Elbee1
    Options

3/15/19
    Weigh: 155.4 lbs. :)
    Stick with meal plans :)

Minimum 4 8 oz glasses of water :) Had 6!!!

Stay in Green :)

Make meal plans for the next couple days. B) Made meal plan for tomorrow as best I could considering someone is having us to their house for lunch & we're having a birthday celebration at my house tomorrow night for my daughter.

Find way to work in exercise consistently :(

JFT 3/16/19
    Weigh:
    Stick with meal plans, as best I can considering I don't know what friends will be serving for lunch at their house. I have plan depending on what they have... example: if they have salad, if potato salad, etc.
    Minimum 4 8 oz glasses of water
    Stay in Green
    Make meal plans for the next couple days.
    Find way to work in exercise consistently

• Elbee1
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    ... Today is my oldest’s birthday party, followed by a sleepover, so it will be busy again. And full of temptation.

Wishing you all a successful weekend! X

Condolences @Elbee1 - nice to see you back x

Thank you!
    I will also have struggles with temptations, today. My daughter's birthday celebration, and lunch at friend's house... I kind of have a plan in my head of what to do... I'll let y'all know how it goes.

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 961 Member
    Options

JFT 15th March

Eat under maintenance Think so
    Back exercises Yes, a necessity to ease pain
    Make soup for son Yes
    Stay relaxed, do not comfort eat Yes

I was tempted to comfort eat and go to the chippy after son left. I didn't, though must admit the reason was partly because I had bad back pain and didn't want to go out. Anyway, chippy avoided :)

Another day of pouring rain and high winds, doubt I will go out for a walk today.
    My aim is just to get through this weekend at home alone with my germs and start again on Monday :)

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. AM Run: 2.7 miles (16 laps). Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Hand out all PRs! CLUBS TODAY.
    3. Class 1-2: Complex sentences (SWABIs). Makeup work. Review homework passes for NRI and for challenge book. No HW. Return student work.
    4. Planning: A - Duo. Check cast list. B - Grade projects at lunch. C - Draft & print lesson plans. D - Draft essay. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises.
    5. Class 4: Finish presentations. Complex sentences (CO TEACHER LEADS). Socratic Seminar Monday. Clean out portfolios. No homework.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. LW after school. FINISH ESSAY? Check in with B - lunch? Read 10 pages of Capital, 5 of Ivanhoe. Update Goodreads.
    8. Check recipes; make grocery list.
    9. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Make sure to charge devices! In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

JFT Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Leave for Y by 8:30. Strength class. Treadmill. Zumba. Duolingo. Grade student work (narratives). Library.
    3. Contact B. Check in with parentses. Update and FINISH plans for next week. FINISH ESSAY.
    4. SUBMIT PROJECT. Read 6 pages of Capital, 10 of Ivanhoe. Type key for Burke readings.
    5. Groceries. Get gas. Lang8 journal entry. Blog post. Laundry. Dishes. Read 10 pages of Capital, 5 of Ivanhoe. Update Goodreads Friday. Aim for 17 laps on Monday - supposed to be cold and clear in the morning.
    6. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 189.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

WFTY: Climbing. WAY behind on the essay for this week. Minimal scale progress - some of that may be TOM, but I've just got so much going on that accurate logging hasn't been possible. I need to make a test for one of my other classes, but I'm not sure when that's going to happen! :P I did unload the dishwasher and put dishes away, then reload it and ran it last night. And I made some progress on Ivanhoe. My favorite character is Ulrica.

@Snowflake1968 - That is so awesome about your daughter! But I'm with you on not enjoying waiting ;)
    @Elbee1 - Sorry to hear about your aunt and the health news - but I'm glad it's encouraging you to be good to yourself.
    @mytime6630 - Gracious, I can only imagine how tough that is. I hope it works out and you can find somewhere for her to help her stay safe and healthy.
    @Faebert - Good luck with the party! I know how tempting munchies can be.

Well, I'm off to the Y and the library. Hopefully the book that they have for me won't be too much of a challenge and I can get caught up on my reading goals!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    4mfx653d5rqa.gif
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    qfaib62yl9kg.jpg
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Focus on today, not fears of the future 👍
    4. Healthy dinner and evening snack👎why are Friday nights so difficult??

JFT Saturday
    1. Log all food
    2. Make healthy dinner
    3. Don’t eat chips
    4. Swim
    5. Meditate
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    WELCOME NEW DAY!
    BAZINGA! HAPPY DAY 200😀
    Parrrtayyy 💃🎈🎉🎇🎉🎇🎈 🙌 WEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!
    BREAK OUT THE CELERY! APPLES! CARROR STICKS!!! 😂😂😂😂 I KNOW I'M AN ANIMAL!
    GIT DOWN WITH MY GOOD SELF!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 I'm so sorry to hear of the struggles you're facing with your daughter. Just know that your love for her means so much, my mother's was one of the few things that kept me going in the lowest points of my mental illness. Big hugs to you and your family.

@clicketykeys sorry to hear you didn't get the part, but best of luck at the next audition!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! This TOM has been so much harder than last month when it comes to my appetite, ugh. They're never the same (also have gotten like 3 headaches in the last 3 days, another fun part of TOM lol). I'm just determined to stay under my calories the rest of the weekend since I went over the last two days.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Yesterday 3/15:

1. Stay within calorie goal😞 about 100 over again.. Tiramisu 🤐
    2. Go for walk at lunch😁
    3. Finish work at 5:15😁
    4. Cook dinner😁

JFT 3/16:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Get minimum 4,000 steps or burn minimum of 120 calories somehow
    3. Work out
    4. Cook dinner
    5. Chillllllllllllllll
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @jeschepp Heres a kiddo story... so basically, all the boxes were in the lounge, from the whole house, of all the boxes (around 30) she managed to pick one with food in, somall the cupboard stuff. And of all the things she could have chosen out the box, she chose custard powder, and then after throwing it all over the sofa, and eating it, she then gave it to casey who covered hereelf in ot that much her hair was brown!
    And i couldnt wash it because it would have gone sticky and turned into custard.
    So i had to hoover their hair, and the rest of them infact.

I was far from happy lol!

Oh man I hope you took pictures! Custard-coated kids! I’m sure it was just maddening in moment but that image is hilarious! Do they like their new rooms?

I know how stressful moving is but you’re over the hump! From now it’s just getting things sorted and setting your great new place up.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,765 Member
    Options
    I can't actually find my post from yesterday morning where I posted my goals. I remember doing it, I must have hit the wrong "done" on my phone. I know what I posted so I can be accountable anyway.

JFT - Friday March 15 Determined
    2L of water - :)
    Calories in green - :/ Over by 63
    Walk 1 Mile - :)
    Plank Challenge - :/ Forgot again
    5 Fruits and Veggies - :4/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - :)
    5 something at bathroom break - :)
    Write in Journal - :)
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - :/ I was hungry yesterday and ate more than I usually do. I tried just a couple little snacks instead of actually making something. That didn't work so well.

JFT - Saturday March 15 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

It's going to be a busy day today, I have the kids part of the day and then I have to figure out how to get them home tonight. I will be so glad when both of their parents vehicles are working. Lauryn has also updated her schedule availability again to say that she is not available after 530 on Saturday's. They have been scheduling her until close at 930 and this is too late for the kids to be up. Ryan doesn't get home from work until 7. We have kept them a lot of Saturday's for this reason, but I don't want to keep them tonight.

I am sitting at the table on the laptop this morning and the sun is shining in very beautifully. I see what part of my tasks will be for Tuesday. My windows need a good cleaning to get rid of some little fingerprints.

Yesterday I took a drive around the city to check out the status of the sidewalks. I think I can get my 5K in again with minimal wet feet if I could just get out of our trailer park. I won't have time today or tomorrow, but I am thinking Monday if it hasn't dried up enough for me I will go park at the grocery store and start my walk from there. I am so excited to get back to it! I know that it's still early and we'll probably still have a couple of snow days, but the next week is all sunshine and temps above zero! I'm so excited. A friend of mine suggested I buy some cheap gum rubber boots, so I can walk now, but I would be crippled if I tried to walk in them. I don't want to be injured and have to stop like I did last year.

@toaljasa - I quit using the word cheat a few years ago when it came to watching what I eat. I try to plan other meals in my day when I know I'll be having something higher in calories, but like @jeschepp I don't restrict any of the foods I love, I just fit them in. Tomorrow I am going to Old Spaghetti Factory with Kaitlyn and one of her bridesmaids. I am planning on having some of the fresh bread they serve, along with a lunch size lasagna and caeser salad. I probably won't eat much else before that and it will be my main meal tomorrow. We are going there after doing a lot of walking so that will be helpful.

@Elbee1 - So happy to see you back, sorry for the reason for your absence.

@Bex953172 - Oh my what a mess to clean up. I think your idea of hoovering them was brilliant! Hope that you get all settled in and truly enjoy your new house!

@Faebert - Hope you have fun with the birthday party and get a little rest yourself.

I think there was more I wanted to say, but can't remember now.
    Happy Saturday everyone!

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, got the new cooker installed today, im just burning it off before i can use it!
    Im absolutely frozen! No heating til monday! And all my clothes are packed away lol, kinda wish i had xray vision or whatever, little annoyed at my partner because at first we were labelling boxes and i labelled every box i did, about 1/3 of boxes arent labelled so we all know who that is...

Not quite sure where to start with all this, i guess the first step is to get all the boxes in the right room and all the big stuff like tvs, cabinets in place?

So thats my only goal today, get the house arranged ready for unboxing.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 Yes, that's exactly how I operate...if I want ice cream or bread, etc. I work it into my calories for that day. And if there are days that doing so means that I go a bit over then I'm okay with that, as it is the exception. Right now I super focused so am avoiding sweets, etc. for a bit.

You are a fabulous and supportive mom :smile: