Replies

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 941 Member

JFT 20th April

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green no, finished at about 1500 cals
    Shopping yes
    Dog sit yes
    Clear out shed no. really don't want to do this!
    Exercises! just one set of stretches

Positive thought - dogs were well behaved and fun

JFT 21st April

Log everything
    Stay under maintenance
    Back exercises
    Don't let other people affect my mood
    Tidy up bedroom
    Garden
    Clear out shed

I feel I should be doing something nice seeing as it's Easter Sunday, but right now I'm home alone with no plans to go out. Looks like it will be another sunny day. Hoping I will get shed cleared out and tidy, usually I keep all sorts of stuff that "might come in handy" but today I'm in a chucking out mood. If I can hold onto that mood until I get to the bedroom that would be even better lol.

Have a happy Easter everyone.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Faebert wrote: »
    @clicketykeys - hugs! You have so much on your plate right now and you’re still looking to add more with lifting! Are you maybe struggling with the food side of it because you don’t have enough time to enjoy yourself otherwise? Believe me, I know how all-consuming the job can be. I hope some of the current stressors are over and done with soon and things settle a bit. Amazing job on the body pump/Zumba double! Sounds exhausting!

In fairness, I'm looking at switching out BodyPump for StrongLifts. Especially if I can use the weight room at school, that'll be super helpful.

I *am* wondering if the extra work from the master's program is what's making it difficult to re-lose the weight. Because I started gaining a few months after starting the master's. In particular, last summer's trip to Disney significantly increased my calories and I didn't run any marathons to make up for it.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Sunday 21 April

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Catch up with emails; call B about getting together. Call mac store.
    3. Update JFT before leaving for Y by 8:30. BodyPump. Plan & log Sunday food.
    4. WRITE ESSAY. SUBMIT IT. Write a blog post.
    5. Groceries. Take recycling. Wash car? Check into resistance cardio or StrongLifts.
    6. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

JFT Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Write intro & conclusion for essay. Submit.
    3. Review therapy exercises. Write a blog post.
    4. Park run: 6.5 miles. Draft week 3 discussion post.
    5. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:50 AM.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 189.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing. Feels more like doing an army crawl through brambles and mud. Ah well. Keep on keepin' on, everybody.
    Positive thought: Today is supposed to be a beautiful day. I am not really looking forward to a long run, but I feel relatively confident about it.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning and happy Easter!!!! We are not really religious (but of course respect all of those who are!) so we use holidays such as these to spend time with and appreciate family. Much love to you and yours today! 💖💖

Yesterday I did ok, for some reason when I went on my walk (got 10k steps) my knees were sore and my feet were just burning afterwards. I've gone on longer walks with no issue but I guess my body just wasn't up for it yesterday. Quite possibly had to do with this past week's stress and not getting as much sleep as I should have, who knows.

Going to keep goals simple today.

Positive thought: today will be a fun day with family!

Yesterday 4/20:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal 😑 about 50 over
    3. Get a minimum of 5,000 steps😁
    4. Do workout😁
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pill😁
    6. Wash a load of laundry😞 no but I just did it this morning lol
    7. Relax😁

JFT 4/21:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within 2,000 net calories
    3. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
    4. Have fun
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Did an enormous amount of gardening yesterday too. Loved it. My FitBit did capture all the activity too. Nevertheless, Saturday is really becoming my cheat day. Dam that leftover milkshake my husband had at lunch and the hummus and the rice crackers! And the extras glass of wine. Wine=Snacking With all the activity I was only in the red about 100 calories.

JFT 4/21/19
    Pre track for a 1600 day
    Do Spring chores - clean skylights (so much pollen on the glass we can't see out), get cushions on the patio furniture
    Take a break - my body is feeling all the gardening and strength training I've been doing at the gym
    Read
    No wine or snacking after dinner (I think I forgot to add this in yesterday's goals - see what happens!)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    JFT - Saturday April 20 - DETERMINED
    2L of water. - 👿
    Calories in green - 👿
    Walk 1 Mile - 👿
    Plank Challenge - 👿
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 1/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 👿👿👿
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - 👿

JFT - Sunday April 21 - DETERMINED
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

Yesterday I kept busy all day. I made Easter gifts for the kids and decorated a tray that I had been wanting to do for myself. I’ll post pics after.

I took a tumble and surprisingly didn’t hurt myself at all, I thought I might have bruising but none yet. I had taken a decorative, bus sharp dagger of Rodgers off the wall when I rearranged the craft room. It was sitting down in reach of the kids and I wanted to get it hung again before they were here today. I stood on a chair to get the nail out of the wall and when I went to step off the chair I stepped on the wheel base of my office chair instead of the floor. Needless to say the chair wheeled away so it was just like the floor literally moving under my foot. I went crashing down. Thankfully I am not hurt

I don’t even want to talk about my eating yesterday it was awful! Again, later at night after doing well all day.

Ugh!!!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    Hegoddard0928 - I really hope that they figure out Matt’s issue. It’s good that his boss is understanding. 8 days is a huge financial hit, hope things turn for you soon.

Aubyshortcake - you should enjoy your new shorts and not feel guilty at all, you’ve earned them.

Bex953172 - what a busy couple of days! I am not a fan of gardening because of all of the upkeep of it. “Water it, don’t water too much. Weed it, that’s not a weed!” Ugh hubby enjoys them and I am expected to do the work on them. I don’t like it!
    My daughter had her cool removed on April 1 and by April 10 had a positive pregnancy test with Michaela. She was told it would be two or three months before she could conceive. A bed frame will be lovely!

Clicketykeys - I’m right there with you. I eat my snack in the evening, think something else would taste good and I eat it! I am not exercising at all and am just being lazy about it all. I don’t know why I’m doing it either. How much more do you have to do to have your Masters completed?

Nlmackey98- I think I would die trying to walk in rain boots. Someone suggested that to me this Spring, not a person that exercises, so I refrained from snapping at them. My daughter bought me nice walking shoes last year for Mother’s Day and I couldn’t do anything without them.

Tiggerroo2321 - I bet your SIL was very pleased with you!

Faebert - so happy to see you have a happy relaxing day! That’s how I was looking at food last year. How much exercise do I need to do to eat this extra thing. Maybe I need to think of that again.

Littleblackskirt- I have been in a chucking out mood since I cleaned my Mothers house in 2015. I wish my husband could get on board with me. Have fun chucking today, it’s very refreshing once you get going.

Newbie2143 - I found this group last April and felt the same. I had gone back and read from the beginning of January in the hopes of remembering who was who. What province are you in? I’m a New Brunswicker transplanted in Alberta.

Samsid03 - keep coming back it will help. Right now I’m stuck with apathy too, but keep coming here for support. I just know one of these days, I’ll kick apathy to the curb!

Layfayetteanna - sounds like a productive day yesterday. 100 calories is not bad at all!
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    Hi y’all.
    Been super busy.
    Yesterday’s weight: 151.6 lbs
    Jft: 4/21/19 sun
    Weight:
    Stay in green
    Bedtime: 12am
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    I don't understand why I'm so undisciplined with my eating. It's like... in the moment, I just don't care. Even if I'm not hungry, "this will taste good and I want it" is enough of a justification. I'm never the one who, the next day, posts "I ate so much and I didn't even ENJOY it!" Nope. I enjoy it. It's just that it's more than my body needs - at least, if I'm going to lose weight.

And I don't think I need a "diet break." It's been like a year since I regained some of the weight I initially lost, and IMO that ought to be MORE than enough time for a break!

What is going on?! UGH.

Sounds like me! In the moment, I don't care. And I have no discipline to stop myself or have a good pep-talk. My days start out great, but then in the night... food! So, I'm really really going to try today. And be sure to get in my water so as to feel more full and perhaps that will help.

And get back to my new habit of a nightly routine of providing some self-care of brushing hair, and washing face; then after dinner some hot tea and then brushing teeth and stating out loud... kitchen closed!

WE can do it! HUGS to you.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Not able to account for the past few days; so starting new/ fresh for today. JUST FOR TODAY!
    Daily Post (Sunday 4/21) - Just for Today!
    Track:
    Calories:
    Exercise:
    Daily Goals:
    Plan / pre-log food
    8+ water
    Walk outside 15 minutes
    One snack after dinner
    Positive statement-
    Earn 5 personal points~ for mindset with morning affirmations and improve my night routine/habits to stop after dinner binges.
    Enjoy time with hubby
    Enjoy time with mom
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    johicks wrote: »
    I don't understand why I'm so undisciplined with my eating. It's like... in the moment, I just don't care. Even if I'm not hungry, "this will taste good and I want it" is enough of a justification. I'm never the one who, the next day, posts "I ate so much and I didn't even ENJOY it!" Nope. I enjoy it. It's just that it's more than my body needs - at least, if I'm going to lose weight.

And I don't think I need a "diet break." It's been like a year since I regained some of the weight I initially lost, and IMO that ought to be MORE than enough time for a break!

What is going on?! UGH.

Sounds like me! In the moment, I don't care. And I have no discipline to stop myself or have a good pep-talk. My days start out great, but then in the night... food! So, I'm really really going to try today. And be sure to get in my water so as to feel more full and perhaps that will help.

And get back to my new habit of a nightly routine of providing some self-care of brushing hair, and washing face; then after dinner some hot tea and then brushing teeth and stating out loud... kitchen closed!

WE can do it! HUGS to you.

This could be me saying all of this. That was why I joined WW, but I still want to eat. Like 2 days ago... it was easter candy. I think it is habits, and very hard to break those habits. Once I started eating jelly beans, I just was unable to stop, till the next day I did not feel as good. Today, it will be pie and ham. But I am trying to balance out the day with more fruits and veggies, rather than eat too much.
    You can do it... it just takes time. My goal now is to have 4-5 really good days, and so far for me, that has been working. Hang in there ... and keep posting!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Faebert wrote: »
    I know we are supposed to be thinking positively but I’ve just had a comedy depressing thought that I had to share! There’s a new range of iced coffees out at one of the chains here that I read about and one is a salted caramel pistachio frappe. This is basically my dream - adore both flavours. Looked it up and it’s 489 calories!!! I just ran for 48 minutes at good pace (9.2 minutes per mile and over 5 miles total) and I earned 393 calories.

Yep - nearly an hour of intense exercise and it still wouldn’t ‘buy’ me that frappe!! 🤨

LMBO😂😂😂 I know it well... Too funny... I needed this laugh.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    44pd6jrkveqc.jpg
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Sunday 21 April

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :)
    April challenge :) I have enjoyed the beautiful weather and a nice meal with my parents

I went for a walk in the village and the civil war reenactment group were putting on a mock battle.

ljddtlqcosxe.jpeg