Stay At Home Mommies Unite! 60 Day Challenge Week 5

Options

Replies

• NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Ok, So I've been thinking about this for the last few days... Excuses?? Hmm. I know that for the last few years, I've fallen in to the "I can't find the time" crap, which I know.. is crap. Or, there's the " Life is so busy, I'm just too tired to get it all done" one. With my hubby being away from home as much as he is, people are reallly willing to enable me with that one too, or even stick that one on me without my preference! But, that's only been the last few years.
    When I think back to when I was in high school... and nothing comes to mind at first. I was one of the bigger girls in my class, at a weight that.. well, as an adult, can see that it really was fine. There were just some underweight girls in my class as well. It's crazy what a little perspective can give you! Anyway, I think I always let it slide because " I'm not as big as ***"" or " well, I'm funny and a nice girl, so... " . Sure, I was unhappy. Sure, it made me put up protective walls that I didn't really let anyone in to, thus making my time there a pretty solitary experience( in a small town high school, with a grad class of 60 kids). Sure, I know it was my own doing. Didn't make it any easier. And that kind of crap follows you. It's really annoying when even as a 33 year old woman, your own insecurities make it so that you don't talk to someone you went to school with because you're thinking in their head that they're thinking ( don't get lost there!) something about you with reference to livestock. Or assuming that "{that person} doesn't want to talk to me.. they think they're better than me.. why would they lower themselves to do that?" so you're quiet and trying to look strong. Heck, it was only a year ago that my "quiet and shy, but strong" persona could have been taken as a "she thinks she's better than us" theory. Ack!

Geez, I think too much about what other people think.

Oh. wait. I seem to have gotten a little off track. Well, it's all healing, right?

Anyway, after high school, I even used the excuse of putting others before myself. Not their needs, no.. their worth. Again, being one of the bigger ones in my circle of friends.. I even would stop getting healthy because "then ---- would be the "fat one'. I can't do that to them.." Not to worry about my own self worth.. *sigh*.
    So what keeps me out of that slump? my own new found ability to kick my own *kitten*. I'm determined and don't out up with bull-- I don't like it from other people, and I'm starting to not take it from myself either. I have always pictured myself in the future being a healthy active mom.. she's been waiting a while to get out of there! And, I'm seeing glimpses of her now! And I know that if I REALLY want it, I just have to make it a priority. I'm happier, I'm making a better life for my kids.. all important.

WoW! I can relate so much. I got goose bumps reading this, thank you. You are amazing and will succed!!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Our new challenge is posted!
    It is a bit long sorry about that but not to complicated. (I hope)
    Here is the link for our new week.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/325673-sahmu-60-day-challenge-week-6-closed-group

**Please post your winning team recipe here on this thread so we can finish out week 5 here, also post your weigh ins and points here so we can keep the weeks seperate.

Thanks,
    Karie
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Highest weight-- 265 ( 1 week before delivery) ( Aug3/09)
    Start Weight- 225 ( Nov 15/09)
    Starting MFP 208lbs (June 6/11)
    Starting SAHMU 199lbs
    Week 1 Weight 199.4 lbs
    Week 2 weight 196.4 lbs
    Week 3 weight- 196.2 lbs
    Week 4 weight- 194.4 lbs
    Week 5 weight- 195.4 lbs.
    Goal Weight 145lbs (loooong term..)

-/+ this week +1lbs. ... *sigh*
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh Ins:

Starting: 244
    Starting SAHMU: 233.8
    Week 5: 221.4
    Weekly +/- : 0 bs
    Total +/- : -23 lbs

No weight loss for me this week!
    I was pretty bummed this morning, but had some time to reflect and I will push on! Yesterday I put on a pair of pants that I wore before I got pregnant and YES they FIT! So I will call that my victory for the week.
  • linake11
    linake11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 270.4
    Last weigh in: 264.8
    This week: 268.0
    Gain: +3.2

Ok, something is deffinately wrong here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm starting to see a pattern here. HELP!!!!!!!!
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 270.4
    Last weigh in: 264.8
    This week: 268.0
    Gain: +3.2

Ok, something is deffinately wrong here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm starting to see a pattern here. HELP!!!!!!!!

I went through a similar thing a few weeks ago. Didn;t gain but didn't lose and I had ot bust my *kitten* just to maintain. Check out the note I sent Karie on the green team page. It might help. I'd repost but it's looong :tongue:
  • sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Team yellow's winning recipe...

Recipe challenge (from skinnytaste.com) Great pictures for this recipe, take a look!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/08/skinny-meatloaf-cupcakes-with-mashed.html#more

Skinny Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potato Frosting
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes

Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 2 cupcakes • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 6 pts
    Calories: 240.7 • Fat: 8.5 g • Protein: 18.1 g • Carb: 24.5 g • Fiber: 2.5 g • Sugar: 4.2 g Sodium: 560.1 mg (without salt)

Ingredients:

For the Meatloaf Cupcakes:

1.3 lb 93% lean ground turkey
    1 cup grated zucchini, all moisture squeezed dry with paper towel
    2 tbsp onion, minced
    1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
    1/4 cup ketchup
    1 egg
    1 tsp kosher salt

For the Skinny Mashed Potato "Frosting":

1 lb (about 2 medium) Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
    2 large garlic cloves, peeled and halved
    2 tbsp fat free sour cream
    2 tbsp fat free chicken broth
    1 tbsp skim milk
    1/2 tbsp light butter
    kosher salt to taste
    dash of fresh ground pepper
    2 tbsp fresh thyme

Directions:

Put the potatoes and garlic in a large pot with salt and enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and return potatoes and garlic to pan. Add sour cream and remaining ingredients. Using a masher or blender, mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Starting: 261
    Starting SAHMU: 241
    Week 5: 230.6
    Weekly +/- : -2lbs
    Total +/- : -30.4lbs!
    Goal: Did not acheieve my goal to kiss the 230s goodbye this week. Still, lost 2 lbs, so that's great. I'm a little disappointed because this loss did accomplish my goal of losing 30lbs, but I fee like that is tarnished by that stupid .7lb more I needed to lose to weigh in at 229.9. That would have been great! But alas, it was not to be. So my goal for this week is to keep working hard and see that number drop below 230. More importantly, I felt really good about how hard I worked this week and I want to keep feeling like that, so regardless of the number on the scale, my real goal is to exercise every moment I am able
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Here's my weigh in:
    Starting MFP Weight 177 (My heighest weight was 223 when starting in my journey in September, 2010)
    Starting SAHMU Weight 141
    Week 1 Weight 141
    Week 2 Weight 138
    Week 3 Weight 138
    Week 4 Weight 137
    Week 5 Weight 135

2 lb. loss :)

Also, my total points for the challenges this week is 9 points.
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Orange Team
    Points for week 5 = 25
    Weight lost = 4.1 lbs
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!! I have been SO busy lately!! We have some home improvement projects going on and between that and my 5 yr old challenging me, I have not been on! So Sorry! But I did complete my Cardio Challenge! WOOT!

Starting MFP Weight : 171
    Starting SAHMU Weight : 169
    Week 1 Weight : 169
    Week 2 Weight : 170 ( at TOM)
    Week 3 Weight: 168
    Week 4 Weight: 167
    Week 5 Weight 166
    Change this week : -1
    Goal Weight : 140

Strength: 6 - I did get in all those exercises! Woot!
    Cardio: 1 - Above my goal. Only thanks to those projects!
    Emotional- 1
    Recipe- 1

Next week looks like a fun one with the challenges!! O.o Let's get it done! Yay! Oh ... I added both my weight and points to the spreadsheet already! :)

Emotional ~ I had not really tried to get fit once I started to have kids. It was a great excuse! And there were lots of them! Not enough time, too tired, no money to go a gym ... etc. Oh and my friend had heard that you shouldn't even bother until you youngest is like 18 months or your finished breast feeding. Well ... that 18 months streatched out much farther for me! Haha! I quit smoking last year ... so I figured this year I'd loose some fluff! :) LOL!

Food Challenge ~ Here is my recipe! I got this from SkinnyTaste.com - it's my new favorite site for healthy meals! ;) My 3 + 5 yr old LOVE this dish!

Easiest Pasta and Broccoli Recipe

A few quick tips for making this perfect every time. Don't overcook the pasta, there is nothing worse than mushy pasta. Reserve some of the pasta water before draining, you'll add some of it back in after without having to add too much oil. And most importantly, use good cheese! I like Pecorino Romano or Parmigiano Reggiano, don't buy the cheap stuff, it just isn't the same. If you like a little spice, add some crushed red pepper flakes.

Easiest Pasta and Broccoli Recipe
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 6 • Size: 1 1/2 cups • Old Points: 6 pts • Points+: 8 pts
    Calories: 289.2 • Fat: 7.1 g • Carbs: 48 g • Fiber: 4.9 g • Protein: 11.7 g • Sugar: 1.0
    Sodium: 103.7 (without salt)

Ingredients:
    12 oz uncooked pasta
    6 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets, no stems
    5 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano
    2 tbsp olive oil, divided
    salt and fresh cracked pepper

Directions:

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. When water boils, add pasta and broccoli at the same time and cook according to pasta instructions for al dente. When pasta is almost done cooking, reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside. Drain pasta and broccoli.

Return the pot to the stove and set heat to high; add 1 tbsp olive oil, when hot, add garlic. Cook until golden, reduce flame to low and add pasta back to the pot.

Mix well, add remaining olive oil, grated cheese, salt and pepper to taste mixing well and smashing any large pieces of broccoli to break up.

Add 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water and mix well adding more if needed.

Serve in pasta bowls with additional grated cheese on the side.

Makes about 9 cups.
  • Tayla_Grant
    Tayla_Grant Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Here is the winner for the Pink Teams Recipe Challenge provided by jennyfair24:

Apple Pinwheels
    Ingredients
    1/4 cup peanut butter
    1-1/2 teaspoons honey
    1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
    2 tablespoons raisins
    4 medium unpeeled Red Delicious apples, cored
    Directions
    In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and honey; fold in chocolate chips and raisins.
    Fill centers of apples with peanut butter mixture; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut into 1/4-in. rings. Makes about 2 dozen.

Nutrition Facts: 1 apple ring ~ 50 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
  • Tayla_Grant
    Options
    Pink team scored 9 points for each member so 45 total. Not sure on the team points... How are we calculating team points this week?

And our Total weight loss is 10.2 LBS!!! GO PINK GO!

Total Team Calories Burned are 25,130 for the week!
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Pink team scored 9 points for each member so 45 total. Not sure on the team points... How are we calculating team points this week?

Now THATS a lot of calories burned! Go Team Pink!!
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My exercise for today: Haven't really worked out like that in awhile, but it feels good knowing I can!

Circuit training, general JM 30DS

25min - 236 calories burned

Stretching, hatha yoga Crunch Sexy Stretching

22min - 65 calories burned

Kickboxing (including Turbo Jam) Kick Butt Kickboxing ATT ON DEMAND

20min - 244 calories burned

Pushing or pulling stroller with child Walked to and from the park with my babies

12min - 35 calories burned
  • sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Apple pinwheels get my vote. Very original!
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    I vote for the apple pinwheels. those sound delish!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I vote for apple pinwheels as well! Sounds so yum!
  • Tayla_Grant
    Options
    My vote is for Green Teams fruit recipe! Love those things and my kids inhale them!
  • NewLife_11
    Options

Team points:
    1- everyone completing the strength challenge all the days
    1- everyone completing there Cardio Goal
    1- everyone submitted a recipe
    1- everyone completed the emotional challeng

Team points for Week5 = 4