Women in their 30s trying to get back on track!

Options
15678911»

Replies

• craziirabbit
    craziirabbit Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Girl don't get me started! I'm 32 not NEARLY as energetic as i used to be. Let's get down to business and take on the 30s like women!
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I’m 34 and starting over for the last time!!! Please add looking for all the motivation I can get!
    I am vegan, been pescatarian my whole life.
  • PineAndSalt
    PineAndSalt Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    🙋‍♀️ Can’t seem to get rid of this tummy. Trying to be good and work out and watch my calories though!
  • Simplysouthern35
    Simplysouthern35 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello!! Just joined today! Just turned 36 last month....I keep hearing that once I hit 40 it is all down hill so the way I figure it I have 4 years to change my habits, lose this weight, and start to feel better before the big 4.0. Today is literally day 1 for me even though I have made some changes over the past 6 months that has helped me to lose the first 25lbs. My BIGGEST issues is soda, especially Mt. Dew but I have got to get my body off of them or I will never lose what I need to lose! My goal is to lose approx. 120 pounds (gosh that sounds soooo much better than the 145 pounds I needed to lose 6 months ago!!) If anyone wants to add me, please do. My goals is to log in every day and log everything I eat (the good, the bad, and the ugly).
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I am almost 40. In my 30s I struggled just as much as any other period in my life to achieve an ideal body. I find that in my late 30s my body is different in terms of what feels good, so I have to work in those parameters. This definitely creates some questions about how to best lose weight, but I try to listen to my body.

Good luck!

Jenn
  • Johnetta2018
    Johnetta2018 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m 35 just had a baby in Dec looking to lose about 30 pounds does anyone have any suggestions.
  • pinkfairy88
    pinkfairy88 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I’m 35 just had a baby in Dec looking to lose about 30 pounds does anyone have any suggestions.

Give yourself a bit of time. My body did not want to let go of the fat until I was around 6 month pp! Good luck!
  • kelagurl
    kelagurl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this board. I’m 30 and just trying to stay healthy to keep my energy levels up! I’ve had lots of amazing life milestones like purchasing first home with my partner and other stuff... with responsibilities comes stress and stress messes everything up! Like the body lol. Add me friends if you want :)
  • Mcat34
    Mcat34 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey! My name is Melissa, I'm 34 years old and I'm just coming back to MFP. I used to be on here but haven't for a long time. Trying to loose weight and get into shape so I'm giving this another try. This is a lot harder than it used to be! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • JDubbs339
    JDubbs339 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I'm about to turn 30 in May and I had my first child about a month ago and currently weigh 174 lbs. I didn't seem to hang on to any weight from the pregnancy. My pre-pregnancy weight was 175 lbs. and at my largest I weighed 198 lbs. during my pregnancy. About a week after giving birth I weighed 175 lbs. again. I'll be on maternity leave until the beginning of September and am trying to use it as an opportunity to get fit again and get myself into healthy habits before returning to work (public accounting).

Here's how I plan on losing the weight:
    1) Eating about 1,200 calories/day while avoiding simple carbs and sugars
    2) Drinking about half my body weight in water in ounces (174/2 = 87 ounces of water/day)
    3) Exercising at least 5 times per week to include the following: 3 days of strength training using the New Rules of Lifting for Women (NROL4W) lifting plan and jumping rope, and 2 days of fitness classes focused on cardio

I'm hoping to meet some great accountability partners in my journey to losing 30 lbs. (goal weight 145lbs) Please add me and share with us how you plan to lose the weight!
  • Johnetta2018
    Johnetta2018 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do you add people as friends
  • ErinWard1986
    ErinWard1986 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I’ll be 33 this year! Enough with my excuses...it’s time to shine! So many people that I know have had weight loss surgery. Not for me. I’ve just started. Tomorrow is day4. I’m more motivated than ever. Graduation in August and I’m walking! Just to a higher degree, but still...and WDW in November. I want to wear shorts! Good luck on your journey!
  • Sunshinelinzee
    Sunshinelinzee Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    ladyzherra wrote: »
    I am almost 40. In my 30s I struggled just as much as any other period in my life to achieve an ideal body. I find that in my late 30s my body is different in terms of what feels good, so I have to work in those parameters. This definitely creates some questions about how to best lose weight, but I try to listen to my body.

Good luck!

Jenn

Jenn I feel you - I'm starting over again at 38 and while it's always been a struggle I've really noticed in the last year or so that my body is REALLY changing (my mind is too though which is ok). I successfully lost weight in my mid-late 20s and spent my early 30s putting it back on - I'm listening as I go as well as I'm finding the approach I took in my 20s isn't working as well on another go in my late 30s.