Tell me something embarrassing about yourself.

Options

Replies

• This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    One Night in Bangkok from the Chess soundtrack. Murray Head. I crank the volume up.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    This_far wrote: »
    One Night in Bangkok from the Chess soundtrack. Murray Head. I crank the volume up.

Frosttide has a great cover of that song!!
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »

Frosttide has a great cover of that song!!

I'll check it out.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I'm not embarrassed very easily. I think for me the main things that do embarrass me a little are my ineptitude with technology and failure to notice things related to it. If I need to learn something (like for work), I'm golden. But when it comes to things I own, I am pathetic. I had my MacBookPro for 2 years before I knew it could play discs. I just figured out how to use one of the attachments on my Dyson that I bought in 2011. I have been taking my car to the car wash to vacuum the mats every week (I'm a neat freak) and now I can use my Dyson. This is pretty bad, I know. I can laugh about it but wow.

I get brain farts like this too!
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    I have a little lisp when I talk lol. I don’t notice it, and never had anyone mention it until my husband. To be fair he thinks it’s the cutest thing ever but I have some trouble saying “s” words sometimes. I get tongue tied 😂
  • rickiimarieee
    Options

I’ll have to listen to it!
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    I got nothing. I don't get embarrassed easily. Pretty much an open book, I am what I am.
  • avlucia
    avlucia Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have a noticable amount of facial hair for a female. I hate it and religiously epilate/pluck it. I won't shave it because the idea of my partner touching my face and feeling stubble is horrifying to me.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I don't shower every day. My dry skin would hate it.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    avlucia wrote: »
    I have a noticable amount of facial hair for a female. I hate it and religiously epilate/pluck it. I won't shave it because the idea of my partner touching my face and feeling stubble is horrifying to me.

I don’t know if it’s possible but have you ever looked into bleaching it? I’m Italian so my hair is thick and dark. I get major side burns and I use an eyebrow razor and shave my entire face, I never get stubble!
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    I once fell for someone on a fitness site.

What happened? Did y’all ever meet or anything?
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    I don't shower every day. My dry skin would hate it.

I’m super oily so it works out well for me but that’s totally understandable if you have dry skin!
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    I just drooled on myself an hour ago as I was about to bite into a piece of toast with peanut butter on it.

Woke up this morning to watch the big soccer match and when that was over I switched to the basketball game. Forgot to eat food all that time so I was hungray (that's not a typo). Made some toast and slabbed some PB on it just to hold me down until I can go get a real lunch. Dude... right when I opened my mouth to insert that bad boy, all this *kitten* drool spilled out. For a split second I thought I was a 90 year old man at a retirement home. I was laughing so hard about it too. Just me sitting there with wet drool still on my chin and peanut butter stuck in my mouth laughing hysterically on a Sunday afternoon. Absolute embarrassment of a life.

Lmao that’s hilarious! Sounds yummy id probably drool too!
  • avlucia
    avlucia Posts: 66 Member
    Options

I don’t know if it’s possible but have you ever looked into bleaching it? I’m Italian so my hair is thick and dark. I get major side burns and I use an eyebrow razor and shave my entire face, I never get stubble!

😥 Yes, I used to bleach my upper lip but I still felt like it was noticable and the whiskers on my chin are black demons that resist bleaching at all cost. My skin changes colors before they do. I can get in some pretty fierce sideburns too.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options

😥 Yes, I used to bleach my upper lip but I still felt like it was noticable and the whiskers on my chin are black demons that resist bleaching at all cost. My skin changes colors before they do. I can get in some pretty fierce sideburns too.

I think the hairs on the face are so thin that it doesn’t cause stubble when it grows back. Atleast it hasn’t for me. I shave my face so my makeup applies smoother and less texture. I also shave the sides of my neck. My sideburns like grow from my neck around my ear down my face lol.
  • Mm2Hh7
    Mm2Hh7 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I once fell for someone on a fitness site.

It happens. Hugs for you!!!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda embarrassed of my horrible spelling. If it weren't for spell check and Google, I'd be lost (and look a bit stupid!). I need to Google words all the time not for definition, but spelling because even when I get alerted to my errors (like here) I often don't know how to fix it (I don't mean to misspell).

Hand written notes at work are bad...sometimes I have to change what I'm saying because I'm pretty sure my spelling is off. I had a friend at work alert me to the fact that I write "dosent" all the time!

Punctuation I suck at too, I often just leave it out. Now that I think of it, my grammars not excellent either!
    Ah well, I can laugh at myself!

Oh, and btw - I never mind being corrected - I like it. Hated being corrected as a kid, but now I like it. I like to try to be more betterer!