Tell me something embarrassing about yourself.

Replies

• Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I talk to myself a lot. Sometimes full conversations. When I'm alone, grocery shopping, walking, in my car (which is fine especially since Bluetooth is a thing so looks like I'm on the phone if anyone sees me). It's such a strange habit, makes me look a bit odd!

Oh I do the same. Its only odd if you start having arguments with yourself I say!
  • redhairannie
    redhairannie Posts: 26 Member
    I'm insanely afraid of ketchup... Not afraid of blood, wasn't traumatized as a child, just scared to death of it. its not allowed in my house and if we go out to eat and its on the table, my husband has it removed. Also, my children are not allowed to eat it (although my family members still let them have it when I'm not around)… If that's the case, they tell me and I don't kiss them. LOL
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    I'm insanely afraid of ketchup... Not afraid of blood, wasn't traumatized as a child, just scared to death of it. its not allowed in my house and if we go out to eat and its on the table, my husband has it removed. Also, my children are not allowed to eat it (although my family members still let them have it when I'm not around)… If that's the case, they tell me and I don't kiss them. LOL

I had to Google this, for I had never heard of it. This is what I found....

“Tomato Ketchup phobia is a real fear. It's official name is Mortuusequusphobia, and it comes from Austrailian slang for “dead horse” which means red sauce. So the next time someone tries to phobia shame or mock you, throw that little fact in their greasy ketchup loving faces.”

Very interesting indeed.
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    i have been to 7 mattress stores in the past week bc i need new bed and i am paralyzed with indecision

i have read so many mattress blogs and YouTube bed reviews

i know all about encased coil edge support systems and gel memory foam

this kind of obsessive overthinking pretty much always happens when i got to spend a lot of money and it’s embarrassing as hell tbh

It's not. You are making an expensive decision of which will effect you and how you feel daily. Better to be sure about the decision then just to decide upon it on a whim. However I'm of a similar mindset.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    i have been to 7 mattress stores in the past week bc i need new bed and i am paralyzed with indecision

this kind of obsessive overthinking pretty much always happens when i got to spend a lot of money and it’s embarrassing as hell tbh

I’m very indecisive about EVERYTHING. I make my husband make the decisions.
  • rickiimarieee

I’ve never heard of this! What exactly about it scares you?
  • rickiimarieee
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I'm kinda embarrassed of my horrible spelling. If it weren't for spell check and Google, I'd be lost (and look a bit stupid!). I need to Google words all the time not for definition, but spelling because even when I get alerted to my errors (like here) I often don't know how to fix it (I don't mean to misspell).

Hand written notes at work are bad...sometimes I have to change what I'm saying because I'm pretty sure my spelling is off. I had a friend at work alert me to the fact that I write "dosent" all the time!

Punctuation I suck at too, I often just leave it out. Now that I think of it, my grammars not excellent either!
    Ah well, I can laugh at myself!

Oh, and btw - I never mind being corrected - I like it. Hated being corrected as a kid, but now I like it. I like to try to be more betterer!

My mom is this way. She has no idea how to spell or grammar. She’s always asking me how do I spell this? Lol!
    She texts me and says “Ian” instead of “I am” or “I’m”. I get a kick of it because she doesn’t know or notice. It’s cute though. It’s just something I’ve always been use too for her!
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    I have very small feet and often have to get sneakers in kids department because most stores don't carry my size in women's sneakers.
  • samtarlyonadiet
    samtarlyonadiet Posts: 917 Member
    To be honest I'm not very good at losing weight
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member

My oldest sleeps in a hammock 6 months out of the year. He says it’s way more comfortable than a mattress. I tried it and got seasick
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I didn't shower after working out yesterday. Instead I took that time to take my son to the park and watch Game of Thrones.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    I didn't shower after working out yesterday. Instead I took that time to take my son to the park and watch Game of Thrones.

I bet GOT is much better outdoors. ;)
  • cee134
    I have never owned a calculator watch.
  • Cassandraw3
    cee134 wrote: »

These activities did not happen concurrently. I took my son to the park, put him to bed, then watched GOT. Had I showered, one of those activities would not have happened.
  • cee134

These activities did not happen concurrently. I took my son to the park, put him to bed, then watched GOT. Had I showered, one of those activities would not have happened.

Quick question. How long do you shower for?

So, I don't like Seinfeld the TV show, however, I have seen some of the more famous episodes, I don't know how. Did you know you can eat a meal and shower at the same time, to save time?

There are days I strongly consider this.
  • Cassandraw3

Quick question. How long do you shower for?

So, I don't like Seinfeld the TV show, however, I have seen some of the more famous episodes, I don't know how. Did you know you can eat a meal and shower at the same time, to save time?

There are days I strongly consider this.

Depends. A quick shower can take 10-15 minutes. A long one can take 30 minutes, then additional time to do hair afterwards. I have heard of shower beers, but not meals. It would have been rather difficult to eat a steak while showering. Maybe I should just install a tv in my bathroom.

This was only a single occurrence, however. I very rarely skip showers.
  • huddleup
    huddleup Posts: 46 Member
    I drool when I sleep, snore too.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    I space out more then I should
    And say what a million times because I have bad hearing