30DS Challenge Starting 8/15/11

Options

Replies

• hrshipley
    Options
    Hey ladies! I have been MIA for the past 5 days... I've totally fallen off the wagon and I feel like I may never get back on. I took Wednesday off because I was so tired and had NO energy. Thursday I had "date night" with my best friend, I ate a great dinner and had wine and went over a tiny bit on my calories but not much. I got home late and I was stuffed so I didn't do D5, L1. Friday I actually did Level 3... it was hard but it's really no different than what I do in my bootcamp class everyday. Saturday I helped move my parents, btw after living in a house for about 20 years, you accumulate a lot of "stuff" and let's just say it took us about 9 hours to move it all. I logged about 5 hours for exercise considering we took some small breaks and stuff... by Sunday I was really sore and had a swollen ankle so I didn't do D5 that day either. Here it is Monday and I still have a swollen ankle and I am not sure how far I will get on D5 without having to stop because of the pain in my ankle. I just feel like I have been thrown off track and I don't know where to pick back up... I see all these awesome posts of everyone excelling and I am just sitting here with no motivation. I really feel like I could give up any second. How does everyone else stay on track? I do want to lose this weight but I also want to live a healthier lifestyle... its not just a quick fix here. I want to live and breathe healthy. haha! I have a few great days and then a bunch of bad days! I don't think I know how to incorporate things with my home life and the gym and eating healthy. Any suggestions?

I am going to try to kick some *kitten* with D5 tonight... wish me luck!!!

P
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hmm somehow I miscounted. I was just reviewing my workout calendar and I am actually a day ahead of what I have been reporting. I just finished day 9 of level 1. One day to go and then on to level 2.
  • ecaz
    ecaz Posts: 115
    Options
    Well, It's almost 10 on the first night of my vacation week. I was SUPPOSED to get up and do 30DS very first thing in the morning. But my daughter slept late so I took it as a sign that I should sleep late too. Then my very busy day got me, and I have decided this is a rest day for me. But I will be hard on it tomorrow morning. First thing!
  • olpbabe
    olpbabe Posts: 89
    Options
    Hello, I hope you guys don't mind, but I stopped to ask if the 30DS really works?

I was planning on getting it, but was wondering because I didn't want to spend the money and get no results. : /

Do you guys notice any changes yet? :{D

I am already seeing results! Definitely feeling better too. And I only just completed L1D6. I think it's a fantastic program!

Don't give up, ladies!
  • momie0205
    momie0205 Posts: 232
    Options
    Day 8 level one done. I am def starting to be able to get it all done with fewer breaks. Feels amazing!!! 2 more days and level 2 here I come. I am a bit scared.
  • lightinurlife
    Options
    I'm scared thinking about level 2 as well. I hope I can make it. I still have to do some half reg half girl pushups so I'm worried what the higher levels are going to require.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Finished L1D8! I felt so much stronger during this workout! C'mon Jillian Michaels, do your magic! :-)
  • clydeisme
    Options
    Sunday was a rest day for me but I completed yesterday and today, yay feelin good!! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!
  • momie0205
    momie0205 Posts: 232
    Options
    I did level 1 day 9 tonight I wasn't feeling it but I got up and did it anyways. Hope you all have a good hump day!!!
  • spaingirl2011
    Options
    Finished L1D9! Can't believe I'm almost done with Level 1!!
  • ecaz
    Options
    Last night I went to start my workout and somehow managed to slam my thumb in between my two 10 lb dumbells. It hurt so bad it made me cry. I iced it for 6 hours yesterday. Today is it purple and swollen. I had to wear a bra with a front close cause I couldn't close a back one. My thumb barely works. I can't hold even an 3lb dumbell. I am so mad. And now this dang hurricaine is coming right at me. I work for the electric company - last time we had a hurricaine I worked 16 hours a day for 23 days straight. Nothing to eat but crap (pizza, sandwiches, chocolates as far as the eye can see). How am I going to get through this next coupla weeks?? I guess I need to pack my own food and maybe try to sneak off to the exercise room at work if I can. Today is the third day in row I haven't worked out. That hasnt happened since I joined MFP in April. Well, thanks for listening to be complain - you all keep up all the hard work. I am hoping I can shred tomorrow. I may have to do it without weights, but I am going to try it. You all kick butt for me!
  • mypie
    mypie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1 D9 and I am really starting to feel the benefits of it. I need to curb my eating a bit more tho.
  • thereseofdoom
    thereseofdoom Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just did day 6 L1 This morning! I've been doing the workouts first thing, as soon as I crawl out of bed, and that has been working really well for me. It really gets me going in the morning! I am totally forming some little biceps, and I'm so excited about that. I keep making my husband feel them, lol. The muscle in my left wrist is a bit sore today, so I'm hoping that goes away on it's own.

Anyway, I'm stoked with the workout and the progress, though I can still only do about half the pushups (on my knees too), but hopefully I'll keep getting better!
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to be doing pretty good!! Yay!! Tomorrow (8/25) most will be moving onto Level 2! Congrats!!
  • lightinurlife
    Options
    Just did Level 2 this morning. I had to drop to my elbows for the last ab workout but I survived! :)
  • ecaz
    Options
    Level 1 Day 9 complete.
  • Susanpv
    Susanpv Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 1
    OMG!!!

Almost felt like the first time I started Level 1 day 1, however, didn't turn the video off. LOL. Worked my way through with breaks. Planks are a ***ch, even doing it with Anita. I burned 158 cals even with several in between breaks. Can't wait to see how many I will burn without breaks!! Good Luck!!! (take pity on me, after all I am almost 63)
  • ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 1
    OMG!!!

Almost felt like the first time I started Level 1 day 1, however, didn't turn the video off. LOL. Worked my way through with breaks. Planks are a ***ch, even doing it with Anita. I burned 158 cals even with several in between breaks. Can't wait to see how many I will burn without breaks!! Good Luck!!! (take pity on me, after all I am almost 63)

Good job!! I fell off after 3 days last time (went away for the weekend).. so I'm on Day 3 again, started over. Shew.. I can't wait to be where you are! lol
  • spaingirl2011
    Options
    Finished D10 L1 .... I can't believe I'm starting level 2 tomorrow! Nervous but excited!
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Level 2 kicked my butt!! I loved it tho!! I can't wait till I can rock it!

Hope everyone is doing great!!

<3