72 items deleted from waist, with pic-proof.

Options

Replies

• cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    girl you look greaT!!! but i do know how you feel. i am 5'5 and i felt the same way when i was 148. 146 was actually my goal weight cause it was my pre-pregnancy weight and once i hit it, i still felt i needed to lose weight. I am actually still not loving myself at 133. i thought by now i would be satisfied but i still feel jiggly and fat. my next goal is under 125. i think that is my ultimate. i am not only eating healthy, but am also exercising 4-5 days a week to help me tone up. we will soon get to where we want to me. chin up, your doing awesome!
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic.
    I don't ever say this unless I mean it because I know people have told me I look 'fine' when I'm over 200lbs so please believe us when we say - You look brilliant!!
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Well, yes, you look phantastic (ref: the t-shirt). I have observed from others that it indeed takes a long time for our mental image and even the sense of ourselves in space to change, longer than it does for our physical selves to slim down. So patience might help here...enjoy the ride. And congratulations.
  • cherry187
    Options
    Amazing. Certainly given me some needed motivation to persevere.

I can understand the feeling though. I lost weight before and didn't feel like it was enough or that I was any different. Then I went and put it back on, and then some. Really regretting not appreciating all the progress I had made.

You should be proud and celebrate your achievements. Well done!
  • jesstika
    jesstika Posts: 12
    Options
    I think you look great but I can definitely relate, a couple years ago I lost 20lbs and everyone was saying how great I looked, I couldn't see it though. Even the fact that my clothes were going down in size didn't make me realize it. The way I look at it is I spent 23 years being overweight so my mind needed a some time to realize that I had lost the weight. Now, having gained 40lbs back I'm hoping I can be just as successful as you!

On another note, that's a RAD bathing suit... where did you get it?
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling pretty down today. I wanted to be 150 lbs by the time school starts next week. Now I'm 148 and I still feel disgusting. All I see is jiggly belly, jiggly thighs, jiggly arms, double chin. I'm finally at a healthy BMI but I don't feel it. I never feel it. Even though the last time I weighed 148 lbs I was in 8th grade, I still think I'm large. So I decided to go back through my pic history and see how far I've come.

I'm sure some of you have seen these before cause I am a total attention-*kitten*. I'm 5'4.5" by the way (and that .5 is very important to me so do not mock me)
    Please don't feel down. You've done an amazing job so far and you look great!

Most of us focus on the "jiggly" parts that are still left rather than seeing the overall picture. That said, you're 5'4.5" and you weight 148 pounds. As I'm sure you know, your weight is right on the edge of the overweight/healthy line for your height. If you are unhappy with where you are now, you'd be perfectly safe with losing a few more pounds, even up to 20 or so. If it will make you happier, then do it. Make sure you're giving your body a chance to "catch up" to what you've lost so far with respect to loose skin and muscle tone before deciding that you're still too "jiggly". It's a very slippery slope when it comes to body dysmorphia.
  • koutroulakis
    Options
    You look awesome!

I do want to say be careful about beating yourself up. I got close to my goal a few years back and I kept picking at my body, I was never happy with how I looked or how clothes fit. I got so frusterated at myself and the scale that the weight eventually crept back up...until I gave up and now I'm starting over : (
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Well done. You are beautiful.
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    You look HOT...so ironic that I had this same conversation with some co workers yesterday. I'm 15-20lbs away from my goal...but even with the weight I've lost I still see the "fat girl". I want my mind to catch up with my weight loss. I eally can see the difference. Your effort and hard work paid off...don't like the evil trick of the mind deter you from thinking you are the BOMB! Keep it up!!!!
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Girl you look absolutely amazing! I too am afraid of feeling the way you do once I reach my goal. I have been fat for soo long that I am terribly afraid of never being happy with my weight. I don't think there is anything anyone can say to take that feeling away, but for what it's worth you look FABULOUS!
  • epaphus98
    epaphus98 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! All your hard work is totally showing and you should be so proud of your accomplishment.

Several years ago I lost a bunch of weight and people told me I looked good, but I never believed them. No matter how much I lost I was never satisfied, it was never enough. I then gained all the weight back (and then some) and now looking back at the pictures from when I was thinner and still not happy, I realize I was being crazy. Perspective, really look at where you started and where you are now, enjoy your success, you earned it! Maybe you want to continue to work on things, but don’t beat yourself up over where you are, you have come so far and accomplished so much, you are a star :happy:

Believe me when I say, you are beautiful!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I understand how you feel because sometimes I still see myself as fat even if I already surpassed my goal weight and everyone whether here on even my online friends says to me that I'm thin. But I agree with what the others said, you look amazing & much much sexier now. celebrate your success.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congrats to you darlin! You look fantastic!
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    That cherry print dress is so cute - honestly I think you look fab, you are slim but have kept your boobs. Get to know the new you for a little while and see how it sits with you. You might end up thinking, like the rest of us, that your new body totally rocks!:happy:
  • XiaoRuRu
    XiaoRuRu Posts: 83
    Options
    Ok I must agree with everyone that you look fantastic. If you are experiencing "saggy-ness" it may be time to start doing strength training and gain some muscle to help give you that solid feeling. Start easy and don't over-exert yourself!

good luck!
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    Amazing transformation :) well done
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You look REALLY good at your current weight, and I love the red swimsuit. Va-va-voom!!
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!!! I had the same feelings you're having several years ago. I lost 40 lbs and when I looked in the mirror, I saw the "old" me! One day I was doing laundry and thought my new jeans were my teen daughters! Of course they weren't as small as hers, but they could not be MY jeans. It took that day for me to realize that I HAD lost weight. I'm trying to lose most of that weight again, (oops!) I worry I'll have the same mental image when I look in the mirror. It might take something "silly" for you to "see" the difference. Like I said, you look GREAT!!!!
  • Julbella78
    Julbella78 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Your stats are about like mine. You truly are an inspiration. Great job!
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I think if you feel flubbery, that you should forget about the scale and start working on clean eating and toning...

But you look GREAT!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!