Maintainers Weekly Check In - May 2019

1. The aim of this thread is to have a weekly weigh-in check for some accountability and support.
2. Copy the form below by copy-pasting and edit to suit your personal schedule, then fill in your information and post each week.
3. Have a successful month, whatever your maintenance/health goal(s) may be!!

Name:
Total weight lost:
Time it took to lose:
How long in maintenance:
Maintenance weight range:
Average weight recorded from 2018:

Average weight recorded from January:
Average weight recorded from February:
Average weight recorded from March:
Average weight recorded from April:

Week of...
May 5:
May 12:
May 19:
May 26:

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week:

Replies

• pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    UpdateTMI: skip if you don't want to read, if I only waited a hour to weight myself I went to the bathroom if you get my drift and just for the heck of it weight myself again. I did not have anything to drink or eat before if happened you guessed down to 131.8. I figured head start for next week. LOL:)
  • sharondesfor935
    sharondesfor935 Posts: 89 Member
    Name: Sharon
    Height: 5'2"
    Total weight lost: 33 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 3 months [+ the weeks that I've been trying to maintain]
    How long in maintenance: 5 weeks
    Maintenance weight range: 120-130
    Start weight December 2018:153.5.

Average weight recorded from January: 148.0
    Average weight recorded from February: 138.8
    Average weight recorded from March: 130.9
    Average weight recorded from April: 123.7

Week of...
    May 5: 120.8

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: I did much better this week at allocating my calories. Yesterday morning when I woke, I was carrying only 13 calories forward from the week into the weekend. That works perfectly for me, since I'm a weekend exercise warrior, and I typically will expend at least 500-700 calories each, Saturday and Sunday.

🤓 Geek alert: I actually did my spreadsheets last weekend, and had fun with them. While not everyone appreciates the power of a good regression analysis, I do find them invigorating. 🤓 No, I didn't bother doing it myself, I just used Excel's trend line feature. I'm crazy, not stupid. 😜

With my current exercise level I need to be eating around 1500 calories per day (which sounds like a really scary commitment when your BMR is 1080.) I was having a lot of trouble with this, mentally and emotionally, until I found a little trick that works for me. Using my rolling 7-day average from the MFP Nutrition tabs has taken the scare factor from Defcon 5 down to Defcon 1. This way I'm never more than one day "off" on my nutrition. Even if I'm a couch potato today, my rolling average will reflect that tomorrow and I can accommodate it in my eating. Likewise, if it's a beautiful day (and I miraculously have a babysitter), I can spend as long as I like on my bike or walk, and know that I can eat those calories down over the week without freaking out about it. Stress relieved, mind reassured.

Yes, I understand that this is a logical conclusion (and is, in fact, the basic premise of maintenance eating), but I needed to see the numbers. A psychiatrist would probably have a clinical diagnosis for that. 😂

So next challenge: what do I do now that I'm down at the bottom of my maintenance range, move my range? My goal was basically to be within the top half of the normal BMI range. I'm there. I don't really want to allow myself to gain ten pounds; I don't really want to lose more weight. Should I just decrease both the top and bottom end of my maintenance range by five pounds so that my current weight is in the middle?
  • sharondesfor935
    sharondesfor935 Posts: 89 Member
    Name: Lesley
    Height: 155 cm (5’ 1”)
    Total weight lost: 22.5 kg (approx. 50 lb)
    Time it took to lose: 9 months
    How long in maintenance: a few weeks
    Maintenance weight range: 49 – 51 kg (108 – 112 lbs)
    Average weight recorded from 2018: max 72.5 kg in July, 56 kg in Dec

Average weight recorded from January: 54.7 kg
    Average weight recorded from February: 53.3 kg
    Average weight recorded from March: 51.7 kg
    Average weight recorded from April: 50.2 kg (110.7 lb)
    Week of...
    May 5: 49.1 kg (108 lb)
    May 12:
    May 19:
    May 26:

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: It was a fairly quiet week, but my son and family came down on Friday and stayed overnight, so we had meals together. They moved on yesterday afternoon.
    Challenge ahead next week. We are away for 7 days – visiting Scotland, travelling by coach and staying in hotels. My plan is to be as active as possible – and watch the portion sizes. Catching the coach this morning, this is a rushed post.
    Have a good week everyone!

I'm so jealous, Lesley! I haven't done a lot of motorcoach tours, but Scotland was my favorite. If it's one of the long circle tours, once you get north into the moors make sure that you drink the water. I know it's brown and looks unappetizing, but the brown is from the peat content, and it's absolutely delicious! Extra flavor without calories!

Save at least a little room one evening for haggis and whisky. If I could take the calories for you, I would. It's absolutely worth it, even if you have to walk two extra miles the next day. (Or maybe I'm just weird. 😜 I do like my sausages.)

Stay warm, see everything, and enjoy yourself!
  • stephenearllucas
    stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    Name: Stephen
    Height: 6'2"
    How long in maintenance: 2 years, 4 months
    Maintenance weight range: 190-195 lbs.

Average weight recorded from January: 199.5
    Average weight recorded from February: 200.9
    Average weight recorded from March: 203.6
    Average weight recorded from April: 210.4

Week of...
    May 5: 213.8