Thanksgiving Challenge - 08/17-11/23 // (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• momof2inMD
    Options
    My weight this morning was 167.8. Not the "big loss" I was hoping for but at least not the gain I was expecting! Gonna get off of here and get on the treadmill now :)
  • jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    We are weighing in once a week (on Wednesdays).
    We are doing measurements once a month. The next measurement date will be September 14.

Good job everyone! We've had losses of 1/2 lb up to 3 lbs this week. Including a couple of inches lost by those who submitted their measurements today.

Keep up with tracking your calories and exercise. Keep that water bottle by your side.
    And most importantly, don't get discouraged.
    There will be some weeks that we will only be taking baby steps, whereas other weeks we will see big losses.
    When the scale doesn't show you a loss, think of how your clothes are fitting. Is your favorite pair of jeans not quite as snug? It could be that you're losing inches and gaining some muscle which will not be reflected by a number on a scale.
  • mdagenb
    mdagenb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    SW: 210
    8/17: 205.5
    CW (8/24) 202.5

Wooohoo a 3 pound loss! Totally unexpected. I was at 205 on monday (after a caloric filled weekend) hopefully i can keep it off and stay strong throughout this coming weekend!
  • AmyMW7
    AmyMW7 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 1/2 pounds this week.

that makes me happy:-)

-Amy
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    I've received weights from:
    dajndae
    jennyisbusy
    mabug01
    mdagenb
    momof2inmd
    momplum
    tambink
    vdlomas

If you've submitted your weight and your name isn't listed above, please let me know.
    So far, during Week 1, we've achieved a combined loss of 14.8 lbs.
    Yay!!!

I cannot wait until Sept 14 when we do the measurements and see how many total inches we've all lost!
  • sweettoothfairy
    sweettoothfairy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Its wednesday night over here , good 14 hr difference, so i m gonna weigh tomm and submitt it by your wed evening :)
  • sweettoothfairy
    Options
    I lost 2 1/2 pounds this week.

that makes me happy:-)

-Amy

It makes us happy too... way to go!
  • sweettoothfairy
    Options
    SW: 210
    8/17: 205.5
    CW (8/24) 202.5

Wooohoo a 3 pound loss! Totally unexpected. I was at 205 on monday (after a caloric filled weekend) hopefully i can keep it off and stay strong throughout this coming weekend!

wooooooooohooooooo Awesome job!!! i cant wait for the day i'll have a 3 pounds loss.. Looking at these numbers is actually making me smile ear 2 ear.. so happy 4 everyone.
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    Its wednesday night over here , good 14 hr difference, so i m gonna weigh tomm and submitt it by your wed evening :)

Sounds good. I'll check online later tonight for your posting.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Wow 3 lbs? way to go! I should have got of you other guys to commit to turkey dances too :laugh:
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm still nursing a sore ankle, so no cardio for me yet. However, this evening I took the time while watching tv to get down on the floor and do some stretches, tummy crunches and then some wall push-ups. I achieved a bit more than I thought I would and put in a really good stretch tonight.
    Do you have wii fit? you could take advantage of the birdy flying game if you did - it kicks my butt.

What is the birdy flying game?

Bird's eye, bulls eye - I looked it up and it's part of the wii fit plus release so you may not have it. But you flap your arms to fly and then you have to lean to steer your body towards goals that you need to land on.

I don't have a wii but I'm looking to get one. That sounds like a fun game!

I didn't have such a hot week. I technically lost .6lbs but for the last three weeks I've been bouncing around 325.8 and 326.8. Until I get in the 324 range I won't consider this plateau broken.

Good job to everyone who lost weight!!! And for those that didn't hang tight we can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • gossipgirl11
    Options
    Hey everyone! My weigh in for this week is 166 pounds. School starts on Monday though, and I'm really thinking that I will get into a great workout schedule then. Congrats to everyone for their weight loss!!!
  • momof6monkees
    Options
    239.8 only down by .6 lbs BUT mother nature IS visiting, so having a loss during a period is AWESOME.
  • momof6monkees
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone! Keep up the good work!
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    Great job everyone on finishing out the first week of our Thanksgiving Challenge!!
    Although not everyone achieved a weight loss this week, don't despair. Keeping track of your calories AND logging all those exercise hours AND keeping each other motivated was an accomplishment in itself!

Remember, the numbers on a scale don't always show our achievements.
    If you ate a little healthier this week, pat yourself on the back.....
    If you met your goal of drinking more water, give a high five out in the air.....
    If you added 5 or 10 more minutes to your normal exercise routine, do a happy Snoopy dance.....

Because YOU are a winner! Every little change we make that is for our better good, only goes to benefit us more today, tomorrow and further into the future!

So celebrate our first week's accomplishments.... and stay tuned..... because we all have much more coming our way!!

snoopydance.gif
  • sweettoothfairy
    Options
    Here is my update for last week..

SW 196
    Cw 193.8
    Total loss 2.2 lbs

Wooohoooo m happy with the loss so far :)
  • m36an
    m36an Posts: 7
    Options
    Sorry that I am late...164 is my weight this week, I am hoping to get my measurements done tomorrow. So I'll report them soon!

Megan
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    @m36an & @sweettoothfairy - got your weights updated
  • ceh2468
    ceh2468 Posts: 9
    Options
    my current weight is 144. i have been dieting for about a month along with exercise and i am not loose as much as i'd like to it's so frustrating!! i stopped drinking as much diet coke as i used to. i am down to 1 or 2 a week instead of a day and i drink a lot more water then i did. i dont understand!!
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    So far our group has had a total loss of 25.1 pounds!!!
    That's a fantastic start for our first week!

That deserves another happy dance!
    snoopydance.gif