Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    FOR ALL YE STALKERS:
    (not sure if I posted this yet...)

Dick's Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon
    My Marathon Bib # 4025
    My wife's is # 4933

I am sure there will be a tracking site like there is every year...

Please tell Mrs @PastorVincent we're cheering for her to have a great race tomorrow! Oh, and you too, of course.

^^^ What @7lenny7 said...
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Thanks @7lenny7 and @Tramboman !
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    Great story about a guy that has run EVERY Pittsburgh Marathon since 1985 when it was initiated. Last year his time was 7:07, so not a superstar. Just some guy that has has a rough time of it.

http://triblive.com/local/pittsburgh-allegheny/among-the-last-to-finish-2018-marathon-beltzhoover-man-running-again

What I find amazing is he can't train for it because of whatever is wrong with his bones so he did that 7 hours and all the previous races on just doing it!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    I know there are lots of people racing today and tomorrow so just going to say good luck to everyone! I know @amymoreorless finished marathon 1 of her 2 marathon weekend and @RunsOnEspresso finished her HM! Congratulations to both!!!

This was my last long run before the half next weekend. I had planned for 8 miles and I was super frustrated that I seemed to be running well and fast but the last couple of miles were taking forever. I was really starting to worry about completing a half if 8 miles felt so terrible even if I was running faster than planned. Even the 12 miler I ran last week didn't feel this hard. It ended up that Strava had a problem around mile 6 and where I thought I should have been well into mile 7 I still hadn't finished 6... So I ended up running around 9.5 miles at a pace much faster than I have been running up to this point...

Date........Miles.......Total
    05/01......4.49........4.49
    05/02......0.00........4.49
    05/03......4.25........8.74
    05/04......9.52......18.26

exercise.png

02/03/19 - Surf City Half Marathon Deferred to 2020
    05/11/19 - Santa Barbara Wine Country HM
    09/15/19 - Jack and Jill Downhill HM - Boise
    11/23/19 - USA Women's HM (lottery)
    02/02/20 - Surf City Half Marathon

You're going to do great! Are you planning on running with a pace group?
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Great story about a guy that has run EVERY Pittsburgh Marathon since 1985 when it was initiated. Last year his time was 7:07, so not a superstar. Just some guy that has has a rough time of it.

http://triblive.com/local/pittsburgh-allegheny/among-the-last-to-finish-2018-marathon-beltzhoover-man-running-again

What I find amazing is he can't train for it because of whatever is wrong with his bones so he did that 7 hours and all the previous races on just doing it!

I know right? Stupidly impressive!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Thanks @MegaMooseEsq! I haven't had great luck with pace groups in the past but I may try it. I am planning to still run intervals 2:30 run :30 walk.

That's too bad - I really loved the pacers at both of my halves last year. Well no matter what, you'll be awesome! You've got a plan, you've done the work, you've got this.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    simcon1 wrote: »
    So many races this weekend!! Good luck to everyone running!

Just picked up my swag at the Vancouver Expo and checked into my hotel. I’m off to an early dinner with some local friends in a few minutes. My swag isn’t as impressive as @PastorVincent but at least I really like the color blue!

5dgek8mdrxc2.jpeg

May goal: 70 mi

5/1 2 mi
    5/2 2 mi

May total: 4 mi

2019 Races:
    3/16 Kirkland Shamrock Run 5K
    4/13 Mud & Chocolate 4.5 mi trail run

5/5 Vancouver BMO Half Marathon
    5/12 The Color Run 5K
    5/18 Your Canyon for a Day 35 mi Bike Tour, Yakima
    6/16 Monroe Bubble Run 5K
    7/21 Seafair Triathlon?
    8/11 Lake Union 10K?

Really pretty swag! Are those gloves? How cool!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Race prep...
    wo14ku1v6isu.jpeg

Salad and water? Any Dessert?