May 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @elise4270 - hope you are safe! Also anyone else in these terrible storm's path!
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    The painkillers are a ‘just in case’ as I occasionally get migraines. I hadn’t thought about the stomach irritation - the ibs stuff is still new to me and I’m still trying to figure out what i can do to make it better and I need to avoid.

Did you get a chance to look at the FODMAP I linked last month?

https://www.monashfodmap.com/ibs-central/i-have-ibs/

It might help. If it is FODMAPs that is your issue you could be better in a week, or at least seeing improvement.

PasterVincent thanks. I have had a look. I am trying to eliminate things to work out what makes a difference. Sadly garlic seems to be a no no as do onions.

Ya know... In addition to this list there also the obvious possibility of gluten. It's a pain, but an elimination diet may help figure it out.

I couldn't believe I was that kid with the food problems, and twisted femur birth defect. *sigh*. If you have migraines (check tyramine containing foods)., I'd bet in a heartbeat that it's a food intolerance. Check soy, it gives me a migraine and poos. I had Asian food with dh and had hater tummy for 2 days.

I had a raft of blood rests which showed I wasn’t ceoliac but I am eliminating gluten for a while to see if that helps.

Thanks for the tip about the ginger Shanaber. I’ll try that too.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    Yay @Avidkeo (officially)!!
    Good luck selling your house.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Jumping on to say I officially got the job! I finish my current job on 14th June, start my new one on 24th June.

So need to sell our house. Wish us luck there!

And I see a HM in my new town on the 14th July so I'll be signing up for that!

YAY!!!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    The painkillers are a ‘just in case’ as I occasionally get migraines. I hadn’t thought about the stomach irritation - the ibs stuff is still new to me and I’m still trying to figure out what i can do to make it better and I need to avoid.

Did you get a chance to look at the FODMAP I linked last month?

https://www.monashfodmap.com/ibs-central/i-have-ibs/

It might help. If it is FODMAPs that is your issue you could be better in a week, or at least seeing improvement.

PasterVincent thanks. I have had a look. I am trying to eliminate things to work out what makes a difference. Sadly garlic seems to be a no no as do onions.

Ya know... In addition to this list there also the obvious possibility of gluten. It's a pain, but an elimination diet may help figure it out.

I couldn't believe I was that kid with the food problems, and twisted femur birth defect. *sigh*. If you have migraines (check tyramine containing foods)., I'd bet in a heartbeat that it's a food intolerance. Check soy, it gives me a migraine and poos. I had Asian food with dh and had hater tummy for 2 days.

I had a raft of blood rests which showed I wasn’t ceoliac but I am eliminating gluten for a while to see if that helps.

Thanks for the tip about the ginger Shanaber. I’ll try that too.

Garlic and Onions are very high in fructans, as is wheat. Celiac is an intolerance to GLUTEN which is also in wheat. Fructans are the O in FODMAP (cause they are oligosaccharides).

Here is a test for you to try, find REAL but plain sourdough bread. The kind that someone (bakery, yourself, or etc) has baked. It will still be high in gluten, but very low in fructans. If you can eat that without issue then it is not Celiac or any other flavor of gluten intolerance that is your issue, but fructans (which base on your comment about garlic and onions would be my very strong guess right now).

The yeast in Sourghdough actually eats the fructans for you over the 12 hours the bread is let to "proof" leaving behind the gluten. You can see this by looking at the "sugars" line on the nutrition panel. It will be 0 or 1. "Added Sugars" or "Total Carbs" may both be higher, but "sugars" should be 0 or 1 as fructan is counted as a "sugar" in that chart.

It should take between 4-24 hours after you eat something before you feel any negative impact if it is a fructan intolerance, as they happen in the intestines, not the stomach. Usually less than 12 hours, but everyone is different. :)
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Looks like a big shoe sale...

adidas UltraBOOST, Nike, New Balance & more at an extra 25% off from Finish Line
    https://9to5toys.com/2019/05/02/finish-line-may-flash-sale/
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    A bit late to the party this month. A tally of the run plan gives me a bit less than 120km - I'll commit to 100km and see what happens.

@Avidkeo congrats on the job!
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    No run yet. My schedule called for 2 miles today, but my legs are quite sore/tight and my knee wasn't feeling quite right yesterday. I spent a bit of time foam rolling and stretching, then my husband massaged my quads and inner/outer thighs. I promised him I wouldn't mess them up by running today.. so I didn't. I do feel better though, and am looking forward to restful days and lots of stretching and foam rolling before the race on Sunday!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Jumping on to say I officially got the job! I finish my current job on 14th June, start my new one on 24th June.

So need to sell our house. Wish us luck there!

And I see a HM in my new town on the 14th July so I'll be signing up for that!

Congratulations!!!
    Hope your house sale goes well!