May 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 10k @workaholic_nurse. I think I missed that post earlier.

Congrats to your daughter @7lenny7. She did great and looks really happy.

@ereck44 hope you were able to help cheer up your friend. That's awful and seems so unfair.

@_nikkiwolf_ congrats on your race! And getting within seconds of your secret goal is making your secret goal in my book! Awesome job in the cold and with those hills.

@PastorVincent I'm sorry to hear you didn't do as well as you hoped. I hope all is OK. Congrats to your wife on her PR.

I hope I didn't miss any other races but congratulations to all.

I just took a nice recovery walk with my dog Stella and we hit up a taco truck out for Cinco de Mayo. I was kinda hoping they were also serving margaritas but I guess they don't just let you walk around the streets with those. Now we are both wiped out and ready for an early bedtime.
  • Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    As the one who set it up I gat to be first to post my May goal! I am in for 100 miles again.
    Anyone else want to join me in the 100 mile club?

Shanaber - Late into this month but yep add me into 100 mile club.

cMm5m7.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,984 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @PastorVincent Congratulations to Mrs. Pastor Vincent on a PR!!! Sorry you didn't do as well as you had hoped.

@katharmonic Too bad they didn't have margaritas! At least you got street tacos.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent sounds intense for both you and your wife. Well done on completing it.

And while it wasn’t the race or result you wanted, it sounds like you were racing a good event until your body rebelled. Next time!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone who raced!

@PastorVincent I started tracking at about the point you started to have issues - considering what you were going through I think your race sounds pretty amazing! And congrats to your wife for her PR!

@simcon1 Sounds like you went in well prepared and then nailed it!

Currently keeping my fingers crossed, I set out to walk 10k today and ended up running just about a mile and a half, very slowly, before my Achilles started feeling touchy and I stopped. It’s currently a little sore and I won’t really know until tomorrow if I pushed it too far too soon, but I think it’s no worse maybe. And supposedly it is okay to run while rehabbing it if it doesn’t hurt while running. I ran very very slowly and backed off when it started to feel tight.

Beautiful day at the park today, I patted a pink pony at a birthday party!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins ha! Sounds like a fun guy to walk with actually. :)
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    @PastorVincent Congratulations to Mrs. Pastor Vincent and her PR.
    And congratulations to you for sticking it out. If running marathons were easy, we'd all run them.
    I haven't looked at this in a long time, but I seem to recall that the very first marathon runner had a PR. But he didn't get to enjoy it for long.

Yeah, new courses and races are great for PR and wold records :D

Thanks @ContraryMaryMary and @rheddmobile!

• PastorVincent
    Options
    http://www.runnersworld.com/news/a27206120/michael-phelps-running-turkey-trot
    Michael Phelps Calls His Thanksgiving Turkey Trot the ‘Worst Idea in the World’

He might be great in the water... but I guess a 5k not his thing. I could have beat him in that race I bet. I have run several 5ks faster at least. Would be cool to say, "Yeah, you know that Michael Phelps dude? Yeah, well I crushed him." :lol:
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent you were running a great race and the factors not in your control took over. Kudos on completing despite the stomach issues and conditions. I'm impressed with both you and your wife. I can imagine how chilled to the bone you were.

@simcon1 excellent first half marathon! Glad you had such a great day. Congrats on your time!

@eleanorhawkins I laughed at your story about the walk, your poor mom. She'll never trust him again! Sounds like a fun outing though!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    simcon1 wrote: »
    I was hoping to do better than 2:20, and my time was 2:19:43, so I was very happy with that for my first HM.

Congrats! Well done!
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @runnermom419 Great job! Congratulations!

@7lenny7 Congratulations to your daughter! Great run!

@ereck44 Hope you were able to lift your girlfriends spirits. Being fired after that amount of time for that offense stinks.

@katharmonic Way to go! Great job pushing through the hard parts and getting the PR!

@_nikkiwolf_ Great race!!!
    Congrats on your 10k @workaholic_nurse. I think I missed that post earlier.

Congrats to your daughter @7lenny7. She did great and looks really happy.

@ereck44 hope you were able to help cheer up your friend. That's awful and seems so unfair.

@_nikkiwolf_ congrats on your race! And getting within seconds of your secret goal is making your secret goal in my book! Awesome job in the cold and with those hills.

@PastorVincent I'm sorry to hear you didn't do as well as you hoped. I hope all is OK. Congrats to your wife on her PR.

I hope I didn't miss any other races but congratulations to all.

I just took a nice recovery walk with my dog Stella and we hit up a taco truck out for Cinco de Mayo. I was kinda hoping they were also serving margaritas but I guess they don't just let you walk around the streets with those. Now we are both wiped out and ready for an early bedtime.

Double ditto!

Congrats to all the other racers this weekend. I am a little disappointed in my time for mine, but will try to write up a report and catch up on the rest of the posts later.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins ha! Sounds like a fun guy to walk with actually. :)

I was thinking the same, although I would make sure to wear good shoes and long pants anytime he suggested an "easy walk".