How can I get skinny?

Options

Replies

• ashleygroizard
    ashleygroizard Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You look really cute in your picture!! When I looked at it, I didn't see an "overweight" person at all. Lose what you need to get into the normal BMI range and then work out to reshape your body to a more desirable image for youself--but be safe, well, and realistic!

How do I do that?
  • ashleygroizard
    Options
    You are slightly overweight - 83 kg at 175 height is a bmi of just over 27.

You need to lose about 7 kg or 15 lb to get into healthy weight range, maybe a bit more to get perfect weight for you.
    57kg is only just above the lower cut off point of 18.6.

I don't think you should aim for such a low weight. Aim to lose 15 - 20 lb and then gain fitness/ body tone if you want to.

As the amount you need to lose is small, progress will be slow. Expect it to take at least 3 - 4 months.

I’m now down to 77kgs so I’m 1kg off a healthy bmi. My therapist and doctor told me I’m not overweight at 82kgs. And my therapist also told me European and English and German people can have a overweight bmi but really be a normal weight. I am English. What weight do you recommend I should go for?

Good. You have done well.

I'm not sure how 82 kg would not be slightly over weight for you - same as it was in my last post.

I think you should aim to lose, in total, 15 - 20lb, or 7 - 9 kg - that is including what you have already lost so, yes I agree with Lynn - to about 76kg.

Same as in my last post to you.

am not aware of English/German/European people having a higher BMI range, that doesnt sound right to me at all - I expect the charts were made on caucasian people so the normal healthy BMI range applies to you.

I

Yeah at 82kgs and even at 78kgs what I am now is overweight you are right. I got down to 76.7kgs but I’ve gone back up to 78.5kg I don’t understand why this has happened. For some reason the weight loss goes up and down and up and down on the scales and I seem to be stuck from 76.7-78.5kgs why is this? I can’t seem to get my weight moving down past 76.7kgs and I’ve been trying really hard to eat less and move more but my weight keeps from 76.7-78.5kgs. Why is this happening? Your probably right the bmi does apply to me. Almost at a healthy bmi on the heavier side
  • ashleygroizard
    Options
    Your other posts are usually about this same thing. Do you have a therapist or a team to help you? A lot of people on the internet cannot give you the help/validation you are looking for.

I am seeing a therapist as I have low self esteem and I hate my body and shape and my stomach. It’s weird because I was actually not worried about my weight when I was bigger. But I have realised I need to improve my body image and health and fitness so I can get to a healthy bmi.
  • ashleygroizard
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    If you really feel the need to be obsessive about weight loss, you could always obsessively educate yourself by reading the stickied threads instead ;)

I have read some and I will try and read them all thank you