Options

Replies

• Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    How often are you weighing yourself?

Up to 7 times a day

Why? What do you expect to get from that?

So I know how much I can eat and drink in a day so I don’t gain weight.

That's what tracking your calories will do.

I really don't think you're currently in the right mindset to lose weight.

This.
  • ashleygroizard
    ashleygroizard Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates all the time, even when I excersized religiously all week and ate well sometimes I can gain weight. I was diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago and now I understand my hormones are all over the place I can lose weight by adapting what my body needs, mainly less carbs but more fat. I would like to lose about 18lb but the last bit is so hard!

My weight fluctuates all the time as well. I would like to lose 7kgs and yes the last bit is very hard to lose. Good luck
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    But are you also going to stop constantly weighing yourself, accept that if the scale goes up and down over the course of a couple of days it means absolutely nothing, and start thinking in terms of weight gained or lost on average over the course of a couple of weeks?

I enjoy weighing myself it isn’t affecting me in a bad way and it helps me so I’ll probably keep doing it. I will start thinking of weight gained or lost over a couple of weeks

Have you talked to your therapist(s) about any of this recently? Say within the past two weeks? Also note the "yourself" part of "danger to yourself or others". Also given your diagnosis of borderline personality disorder, has anyone recommended DBT to you?
  • ashleygroizard
    ashleygroizard Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    But are you also going to stop constantly weighing yourself, accept that if the scale goes up and down over the course of a couple of days it means absolutely nothing, and start thinking in terms of weight gained or lost on average over the course of a couple of weeks?

I enjoy weighing myself it isn’t affecting me in a bad way and it helps me so I’ll probably keep doing it. I will start thinking of weight gained or lost over a couple of weeks

Have you talked to your therapist(s) about any of this recently? Say within the past two weeks? Also note the "yourself" part of "danger to yourself or others". Also given your diagnosis of borderline personality disorder, has anyone recommended DBT to you?
    I see my therapist Tuesday I missed my appointment the Tuesday gone because of an appointment with the lawyer. I have done dbt in 2009.