Who wants to do a walk away the pounds challenge??

Options

Replies

• cgreg1277
    cgreg1277 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you on this ...this would be my first challenge how fun
  • DawnyB1210
    Options
    I just got LS's "Walk Away the Pounds" and have done the two miles in 30 minutes two nights in a row. I bought it for when it's too nasty to walk outside. Please count me in the challenge!!
  • carriann2012
    carriann2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am in. I walk almost everyday, but I need some new walking routines, it get's boring. :smile:
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Just finished the 1-mile walk. That puts me at 3 out of 7 miles. I feel my strength building back up again.
  • JazzyDiva
    Options
    late but in
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    So far I've done 4 miles total!
  • stayathomezookeepa
    stayathomezookeepa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    SW 235
    goal for the week : 10 miles
  • cdc33
    cdc33 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Starting weight= 285lbs
    Starting miles= 10 miles a week min
  • cdc33
    cdc33 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Starting weight= 285lbs
    Starting miles= 10 miles a week min

8 miles done this week so far :)
  • Caro239
    Caro239 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would love to join, I have a really stupid question though. For those walking outside - how do you know when you've walked a mile?

Start weight 152lb

Goal 7 miles in week 1
  • LJA1968
    Options
    I'm up to 4.5 out of 7 miles.
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would love to join, I have a really stupid question though. For those walking outside - how do you know when you've walked a mile?

Start weight 152lb

Goal 7 miles in week 1

good question, the firstthing i did was drive the routes to log the miles in the car, or depending on your pace it can be between 10 to 15 minutes per mile. or if you have a basic step counter approx 8000 to 9000 steps just depends how long your stride is.
    hope that helps.

Samhradh
  • Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Google maps is my friend. :) I created my own route because I know my city really well!

Anyhow... Another 4.8 miles covered today. 12.8 miles this week.
  • stayathomezookeepa
    stayathomezookeepa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    2 out of my 10 are done :)
  • LJA1968
    Options
    Ashonym, how do you map out a route on google maps, and does it give you distances?
  • Caro239
    Caro239 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Start weight 152lb

Goal 7 miles in week 1 27/08/11
    day 1 - 4 miles
  • JessicaBuff
    Options
    I am so sorry I have been MIA! My mamaw fell and busted her head open and was rushed to the ER this week..She is ok now, but it did give us a scare! Thanks for keeping the thread going while i was gone! I havent walked at all this week so i have alot of catching up to do! Glad everyone is so excited about walking!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry I have been MIA! My mamaw fell and busted her head open and was rushed to the ER this week..She is ok now, but it did give us a scare! Thanks for keeping the thread going while i was gone! I havent walked at all this week so i have alot of catching up to do! Glad everyone is so excited about walking!
    glad she is ok! You may need to tweak your goal for this week!
  • JessicaBuff
    Options
    glad she is ok! You may need to tweak your goal for this week!

I think you are right..I will prolly do 5 miles this week lol..Oh well tuesday starts a brand new week!
  • Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Ashonym, how do you map out a route on google maps, and does it give you distances?

I went to google maps, started with my address, asking for directions of course, then put in a location I knew of along the way. I remembered the number for distance and asked again for directions, this time starting from the previous destination and moving some more along my path to another location I knew of. I added this number to the previous, then rinsed and repeated until I wound back up home. The total miles was 4.8. I chose 'walking' directions the entire time.

Jessica, oh my god hun no worries!!! I'm so sorry and so glad she's okay!!