Game of Thrones season 8

Replies

• guil0095
    guil0095 Posts: 327 Member
    Omg, YES! So happy I found this thread. WTF GOT, wtffffffff. *kitten, kitten, kitten* :D:D:D
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Thoughts and questions:
    Where was Brienne this episode? She gets laid and suddenly she's a dainty flower?
    Cersie's annoying "hand" getting killed by being head shoved was funny
    How did Jamie survive all of those stabbings?
    If Jamie and Cersie are not dead, that will really piss me off
    I think both Dany and Jon will die and Sansa will be ruler with Tyrion as her advisor

• Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited May 2019
    I think Cercie's death was fitting, really. While it would have been satisfying to see her go more stabbily, or burny, it was also satisfying to see her crying and terrified, that smug look wiped off her face. She was basically alone, and her entire support system crumbled out from under her (literally and metiphorically). Her city destroyed, all she had left was her twincest brother with her at the last second. It was well written IMO. We're just to used to seeing more direct deaths on the show. I'm glad it wasn't more of the same.

For those shocked and appauled that Dany went mad??
    They have been gearing up for it for several seasons now. At every moment she was one trigger away from insanity. She had so far been able to reel it in every time without going overboard. But with Missandae's & Jorah's death, her trusted advisors turning against her, and the man she loves pushing her away (while also being hier to the throne), it pushed her over the edge. She didn't go mad in two episodes. It was there, beneath the surface the whole time. They just used the last two episodes to erode her support and stability to push her over the edge.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    I think Cercie's death was fitting, really. While it would have been satisfying to see her go more stabbily, or burny, it was also satisfying to see her crying and terrified, that smug look wiped off her face. She was basically alone, and her entire support system crumbled out from under her (literally and metiphorically). Her city destroyed, all she had left was her twincest brother with her at the last second. It was well written IMO. We're just to used to seeing more direct deaths on the show. I'm glad it wasn't more of the same.

They have been gearing up for it for several seasons now. At every moment she was one trigger away from insanity. She had so far been able to reel it in every time without going overboard. But with Missandae's & Jorah's death, her trusted advisors turning against her, and the man she loves pushing her away (while also being hier to the throne), it pushed her over the edge. She didn't go mad in two episodes. It was there, beneath the surface the whole time. They just used the last two episodes to erode her support and stability to push her over the edge.

and don't forget the loss of her 2 dragons

i do agree with all this.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    mbaker566 wrote: »

and don't forget the loss of her 2 dragons

i do agree with all this.

Oh yes, her fire children. That too, lol.
  • kathryn1391
    kathryn1391 Posts: 100 Member
    edited May 2019
    I'm just realllly let down by the absolute disservice they did to basically everyone. No issue with Dany, she was always going to go that route, but why spend SO MANY seasons with Jamie, his twists and turns into a better person, for him to turn back into a shrivelled little balls*ck in Cersi's pocket? We hardly saw Jon, maybe a few seconds in total of him looking shocked at what his lover was really like, but NO major arc of him processing it and actually showing any form of emotion. Just Arya managing to kill some strangers by accident...
    Worst episode they've ever done.

FWIW i dont even think i care what happens anymore, but Jon will probably skulk off into the dark, shocked that his lover-aunt could be so nuts, and Sansa will be there sipping her Tea like..."Called it B) "
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member

Agree with this.
  • samtarlyonadiet
    samtarlyonadiet Posts: 917 Member
    I want my money back for this season - there wasn't even a sister on brother sex scene
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited May 2019
    my theories
    • tyrion king
    • sansa ward of the north
    • jon goes north where he doesn't have to deal with people. maybe he meets tormund.
    • idk what's going to happen to arya or bronn or davos.
    • maybe davos can be the hand.
    • maybe arya can marry gendry because gendry would never want her not to be herself. he loves her nonlady self.
    • maybe brienne has found tormund has grown on her (like a fungus)
    • bran keeps sitting in his chair.
    • dragon flies off
    • sam and gilly go back to his family and he rules with wisdom and kindess.
    • grey worm goes to the beaches

no idea if dany will be executed and by who but i think it will happen.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    I think Dany will go in a manner similar to her father. There are already a lot of similarities between her and her father. He wanted to "burn them all" as well, but Jamie killed him before he got the chance. They've been setting her up to go crazy since the show started.
    I think Jon will take the thrown but he may not keep it long bc he's said multiple times that he doesn't want it. Jon chose not to ride his dragon in with Dany to let him recover from the injuries he got from their fight with the night king. If he'd ridden in on the dragon, he probably would have died with the dragon. I think this was important to the plot in that more big things are coming for the character.
    I am annoyed that all knowing Bran with all his cool powers has done basically nothing in this war other than to stir the pot between Jon and Dany (but to be fair, Sam helped) and basically say goodbye to Theon right before he died. There is so much more they could do with that character. I also wanted Jamie to stay a good guy and was hoping he was headed to King's Landing to kill Cersei. If Brienne can't have Jamie, I wish there was more with her and Tormund.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    I was disappointed how Cersei died. She was evil to so many people I wanted Arya or Dany to get direct revenge on her.
  • DadBodClub
    DadBodClub Posts: 199 Member
    Not sure if anyone has said it but .... it will end with Sam closing a book he is writing as Sam is chronicling the Game of Thrones
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    mge00xosgcx4.jpeg
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    mge00xosgcx4.jpeg
    Ha! hahaha!!
    Haven't watched the last 2.5 seasons
    100% agree!
    ...interest lost for me a while back

Got to the the point I was only watching and thinking to myself "that actor is sooo pretty" instead of following the plot line