(Closed Group) Confidence for Christmas Challenge!

Options

Replies

• MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    I've never (ever) been a morning person but after all of your inspirational words, I may have to at least give it a try. I'll start small and make it a 2 week goal to get up early 4 days a week and do something wheither it be the elliptical, a Wii game or a walk. I need to do this, I really really really want to be to my goal weight by Christmas so that I can enjoy it for a little while before... :happy:

Thanks for the advice everyone. This is the exact reason why I started this challenge. I told you I needed you more than you needed me!
  • Sweetpeagrl
    Sweetpeagrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    ...I need to do this, I really really really want to be to my goal weight by Christmas so that I can enjoy it for a little while before...

Hmmmm...correct me if im reading this wrong, but, sounds to me like someone is maybe planning on adding to their family?!? :bigsmile:
  • bcolburn289
    Options
    I've never (ever) been a morning person but after all of your inspirational words, I may have to at least give it a try. I'll start small and make it a 2 week goal to get up early 4 days a week and do something wheither it be the elliptical, a Wii game or a walk. I need to do this, I really really really want to be to my goal weight by Christmas so that I can enjoy it for a little while before... :happy:

Thanks for the advice everyone. This is the exact reason why I started this challenge. I told you I needed you more than you needed me!

I'm reading it the same way! :)
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    We are go ttc in the new year too!! WOOT WOOT
  • hperowl
    hperowl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Okay, I had a rough day yesterday with my eating and I really don't want to work out today which is extremely disappointing since I've done so well so far.. (sigh)... What I'm getting at is all of the encouragement for MrsBrosco has motivated me to get off my backside and workout! MFP and especially this group has really inspired me and motivated me to keep on the right path! So, thanks everyone!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    ohhh losing weight before..is an awesome idea! That way after....you will drop the weight very easy :happy: So i have decided to chill on exercise for 3 days...just a little burned out...i also miss the gym. i am going to join again...i have made a schedule that will fit my life...of course mornings are required. I am going to start lifting weights 3 days and running 2 to drop these pounds. I am also going to watch my carbs. i am carb heavy right now..and not from veggies lol.
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ok, since we are thinking about the holiday because we want to lose weight by then, I started thinking. What happens when the holidays get here? There will be all of this delicious tempting food, will portion control be enough? So I went to my favorite website for low cal, low carb, delicious food recipes...www.hungry-girl.com There I emailed them and asked them for some substitutions on some holiday favorites and shortly after I received an email with the following web address http://www.hungry-girl.com/biteout/show/1642

This is a Thanksgiving Round Up of most of our favorite holiday foods, Hungry Girl style! There is a recipe for pumpkin pie, egg nog, bean casserole, sweet potatoes and more! I don't know about you but, after finding these, I am more excited than ever to get to the holidays! Hope these help you out too!
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    Options

This is a Thanksgiving Round Up of most of our favorite holiday foods, Hungry Girl style! There is a recipe for pumpkin pie, egg nog, bean casserole, sweet potatoes and more! I don't know about you but, after finding these, I am more excited than ever to get to the holidays! Hope these help you out too!

Cool I am going to check it out!!
  • mrspenton2009
    mrspenton2009 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to share with you guys if you are not aware, there is a program on Comcast ON DEMAND that has great workout programs that you can do indoors.

I did two different sessions last night with my daughter and it was a great burn!! They were both very intense 8 minutes!! One was a hip hop session and the other one was just walking.
  • mrspenton2009
    mrspenton2009 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Ok, since we are thinking about the holiday because we want to lose weight by then, I started thinking. What happens when the holidays get here? There will be all of this delicious tempting food, will portion control be enough? So I went to my favorite website for low cal, low carb, delicious food recipes...www.hungry-girl.com There I emailed them and asked them for some substitutions on some holiday favorites and shortly after I received an email with the following web address http://www.hungry-girl.com/biteout/show/1642

That's great girl!

Thanks for sharing. Too bad we can't all meet up and do an official meet ang greet!!!:ohwell:
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

That's great girl!

Thanks for sharing. Too bad we can't all meet up and do an official meet ang greet!!!:ohwell:

A meet and greet would be awesome wouldn't it!!! I love the hungry-girl website. It's a life saver because all the comfort foods that I LOVE, I can find substitutions for . Two thumbs up!!!
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I dont always workout but my exscuse is I just dont have the energy, but it is a legitimate exscuse, but I still try to fit in 1000 reps of abs first thing in the morning, I try to do 3 weight lifting excercises a day feeling that a little is better than nothing, then if I have the energy I dont stop but usually Im right and I just cant do it, my escuses are usually though there are other things I need to be doing.

As to what happens when the holidays come, thanksgiving should be a piece of cake because my family here cant cook for **** and I dont like pumpkin pie, we dont celebrate halloween so no candy, good night before christmas I will eat my share of cuban food, christmas itself wont be a bad bad meal, but in between theres not a whole lot
  • kdm97
    kdm97 Posts: 111
    Options

That's great girl!

A meet and greet would be nice
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i have been slacking with my posting and i apologize! i went "back to work" this week (meaning i went back to working in a school, with set hours and stuff) which is great because generally i work out of my car in the summer and i am happy to be in a stable place during the school year! i have access to a microwave, fridge, etc. so that broadens my foods options.

my in laws are also here. this isn't a bad thing but they always want to take us out to eat! i am struggling with staying on track (today, over by around 500 calories and i didn't exercise!) hoping i can fit a work out in tomorrow. i just keep picturing how great i will look come Christmas!

how is everyone else doing?
  • hperowl
    Options

Thanks so much! I've thinking a lot about that too, especially since I'm the one that does all of the cooking and all of my recipes are from my husbands family cookbook. It's hard to alter a recipe and not have the family notice. I can't wait to look at the website!
  • hperowl
    Options
    i have been slacking with my posting and i apologize! i went "back to work" this week (meaning i went back to working in a school, with set hours and stuff) which is great because generally i work out of my car in the summer and i am happy to be in a stable place during the school year! i have access to a microwave, fridge, etc. so that broadens my foods options.

my in laws are also here. this isn't a bad thing but they always want to take us out to eat! i am struggling with staying on track (today, over by around 500 calories and i didn't exercise!) hoping i can fit a work out in tomorrow. i just keep picturing how great i will look come Christmas!

how is everyone else doing?

I totally understand how you feel! We've been on the road a lot lately trying to squeeze in last minute 'summer fun' and have been eating out a lot. It's hard to stick to the grilled chicken all the time, I'm so bored with it and I really miss my comfort foods, I gained back two of the 12 pounds I'd lost and am so disappointed with myself. I guess when you fall off the horse, all you can do is just get right back on.
  • hperowl
    Options
    Hey Ladies, I have a question for you. I've been working out at home on average 5-6 days a week for the last 6 weeks and I'm finding that my muscles feel weaker now than they did 6 weeks ago. As for the types of exercises I do, I try to 'mix it up'. Usually cardio with some strength training mixed in, occasionally yoga or pilates if I'm not feeling like working to hard. But I'm really feeling fatigue in my shoulders and hip flexors as well as quads. I really don't want to get frustrated and not feel motivated. Any suggestions?

The Reply from my friend who is a fitness instructor!

Protein......Protein shakes rebuild your muscles and replenish them. So that you are not as sore. What's happening is your muscles are changing and becoming stronger. You do need a day off. What I suggest is not working out on Wednesday and Sunday. That way you give your muscles a chance to recover and you will start to see results. Fiber and protein need to become your daily friends I get all my stuff through Melaleuca. But I know that there are protein shakes at the store. Protein bars too, but they tend to be really chewy. So I would try protein shakes, plenty of water and in the beginning maybe a pain killer to get through it, like tylenol, would be ok; so that you keep going. Try that. Everybody goes through that stage, it will get better. Maybe for a full week, stick with pilates and yoga to really stretch your muscles. an then the next week, pick up the strength training and cardio. You are doing AMAZING! Keep up the good work. It will get easier. I tell my class "No pain no gain" lol Results are coming!!!!
    I am always here for you:) You're a ROCK STAR!!!!!
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    Options

Thanks so much! I've thinking a lot about that too, especially since I'm the one that does all of the cooking and all of my recipes are from my husbands family cookbook. It's hard to alter a recipe and not have the family notice. I can't wait to look at the website!

I know what you mean! My husband will not be happy unless he has his family's traditional cheesy carrots (gag) it's carrots boiled then COVERED in Velveta cheese! Can you say high in fat! I know some ways to alter recipes and he can't tell the difference, unless it's his cheese carrots.
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    Options
    Hey Ladies, I have a question for you. I've been working out at home on average 5-6 days a week for the last 6 weeks and I'm finding that my muscles feel weaker now than they did 6 weeks ago. As for the types of exercises I do, I try to 'mix it up'. Usually cardio with some strength training mixed in, occasionally yoga or pilates if I'm not feeling like working to hard. But I'm really feeling fatigue in my shoulders and hip flexors as well as quads. I really don't want to get frustrated and not feel motivated. Any suggestions?
    I am always here for you:) You're a ROCK STAR!!!!!

You may need more rest days. Maybe work out every other day for a long period of time?
  • hperowl
    Options
    Trying to figure out the ticker thing. Do you have to copy the address every time you post?

exercise.png