(Closed Group) Confidence for Christmas Challenge!

Options
(All I want is) Confidence for Christmas Challenge!

Here's what we've all been waiting for!

The Challenge that will change your life forever, you will be closer to (or have met) your weight loss and health goals for Christmas 2011! By Christmas time you will be diving in front of every camera you see, you'll feel confident and sexy underneath the Christmas tree and if you meet someone special underneath the mistletoe you will knock their socks off. Santa's little helpers don't have *kitten* on us

It's time ladies and gentleman... It's time to take your life and happiness into your own hands. For some of us this could meen (finaly) hitting our weight loss goals, for others it could meen getting that much closer. With the support that is going to be pouring out of this challenge you won't think twice about reaching for that glass of eggnog or grabbing for those pesky gingerbread men... Nope, not this Christmas!

This Chritmas is about taking back what is ours, our health and our happiness. Together we can do this!

I have had some WONDERFUL suggestions from some of my new MFP's already about how to make this the most supportive, get-to-know-you, challenge ever. I'm still open to suggestions! If anyone has anything they like or don't like about challenges please send me a private message.

Some suggestions that have come to light so far:

~ A spotlighted contestant each week, this person will fill us in on as little or as much about their life as they would like. Their struggles, a favorite recipee, their Christmas wish list, anything at all.

~An updated blog post each week with our successes and things we (as a team) could have done better

~WEIGH IN-- After tallying the votes... (drumroll please)..... Weigh in's will be on MONDAY!!!

Weigh In's Should look like this::: (example)

Challenge Starting Weight: 175.2
Current Weight: 173.8
Difference: -1.4
Christmas Goal Weight: 150
Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 75
Highes of last week: Ran non stop for 20 minutes!
Lows of last week: The 2 pieces of birthday cake...
How to Improve (the lows): Ask for a 1/2 slice of cake and don't go back for more.
Tips or Tricks: balance high sodium days with plenty of water

:flowerforyou: First Weigh in is due by Monday 8/22/11! :flowerforyou:

CONTESTANTS:
:heart: MrsBrosco
:smile: NurseLocke
:heart: SandyVanderstelt
:smile: JennaMarie222
:heart: Arielle489
:smile: Christinad95
:heart: Davali
:smile: Irappaport
:heart: Mrspenton2009
:smile: Lookpretty
:heart: Emmabeckemeye
:smile: Calliope_music
:heart: Smlamb33
:smile: Sweetpeagrl
:heart: Maygs
:smile: Jllipson
:heart: Bcolburn289
:smile: Latoyabooker
:heart: Emswanson
:smile: Jlishey1
:heart: Kdm97
:smile: Berv0009
:heart: Nikalosingweight
:smile: Hperowl
:heart: Caite_S
:smile: Nikniki
:heart: Serendipitydoda
:smile: Officernorton

I am so excited for this and I hope that I can be an inspiration to each of you in some way or another.

JUST OVER 18 WEEKS UNTIL CHRISTMAS... What do you want for Christmas, another crock-pot or to be the most healthy version of yourself possible?? It's up to you and only you to do this, but there are plenty of us here to help you along the way!

READY, SET, GO!!!!

Replies

• mrspenton2009
    mrspenton2009 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am super pumped about this. This is a great way to stay motivated and have a Christmas present that $$$$ can't buy!!! good look to everyone and let's stay focused.

Skinny Jeans...here we come!!!!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I love this!! My plan is to get a little below my goal...so then I have space for cheating over x mas :)
  • Sweetpeagrl
    Sweetpeagrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! Finally! I am soooooo excited. I will be back at a later time/date to put in all my stats but I just wanted to say thanks for putting this group together!!! I feel like the support will be amazing and can not wait to start really losing! This just makes me that much more excited for christmas to get here this year. I will be able to ask for clothes and not be embarrassed about what size to ask for!! :-)

WOOOO!! :-)

Anyone/everyone feel free to add me! I know we can all use as much support as possible (thats what we are here for!) <3
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    so pumped! i will weigh in this weekend!!
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! Looks like a very nice sized group!! Yay!! So excited to get started! That's just the motivation I need to kick it up a notch! Thanks so much for all of your hard and effort in getting this started! I know that there is alot of work involved! So thank you!!!
  • mrspenton2009
    Options
    HAA HAAA...just realized that my post stated "Good Look" to everyone, so I want to add GOOD LUCK to that!!! Haaaa Haaaa
  • mrspenton2009
    Options
    OK ladies, I am sending all of you FRIEND REQUESTS!!!

I love those Christmas tickers....I need one so bad....HELP!!!!
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    You don't have to thank me, actually this is me being VERY selfish :blushing: I need the encouragement and motivation as much as the rest of you so I thought I would bribe others with the promise of sticking together and losing the weight!!!

I don't think i've ever been so into the thought of losing weight as I am right now. We can and Will do this, I promise :drinker:

Now..... Drink a glass of water!!!
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    OK ladies, I am sending all of you FRIEND REQUESTS!!!

I love those Christmas tickers....I need one so bad....HELP!!!!

Tickerfactory.com =)
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm super excited. Most of my family hasn't seen me since last Christmas, especially the one person in my family that has motivated me the most, so I can't wait to show them a me that is so much lighter than I was last Christmas. I'll post my stats on Monday morning, so that way I'll remember the day to weigh in here.
  • mrspenton2009
    Options
    H20...Cheers!!! :drinker:
  • DebbieYost
    Options
    Can I still get in on the challenge?
  • serendipitydoda
    serendipitydoda Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am totally looking forward to this! Thank you MrsBrosco for getting it started.
    Good luck everyone, can't wait to hear (and see) our success stories!
  • kdm97
    kdm97 Posts: 111
    Options
    I'm so excited about being a part of this challenge. Feel free to add me as a friend !! Good Luck everyone! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Im excited, I am however a bit wary of setting a goal weight, I will so though today Im 159, 18 weeks times 2, 36 pounds, so I guess 126? I dont focus on the end result so much as getting to that next place, right now want to get under that 150 marker, I post a lot since I work with a lot of free time waiting so get ready for a flood from me.
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Very excited for this challenge!!!!!!!!

And now I REALLY can't wait for Christmas!!! :)

I am friend a bunch of you -- do not be afraid LOL
  • mrspenton2009
    Options
    Thanks Mrs. Brisco for the ticker information.
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    im excited!!! 18 weeks is plenty of time to shake these 20 pounds...so i think, lol! i will be here monday for my starting stats! im happy i made the group, this will be amazing for motivation!
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    Testing Xmas ticker..
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    Testing Xmas ticker..

yaaaaaaaaaay it worked!