(Closed Group) Confidence for Christmas Challenge!

Options

Replies

• Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

So, for my piece of clothing..... I have an evening dress that I bought on sale for a cruise at the end of the year. It's a good 2 sizes too small, but at the rate I was losing I was sure I'd fit into it by November - I've slowed down a bit now, so am no longer so sure! Will have to measure ow many inches away I am.
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    A bikini, yes a bikini, lol, i have a december cruise this year! congrats to look pretty, breaking a plateau is a major confidence boost! and to sweetpea, hang in there girl! i agree with maybe aiming for maintainence during the time. Everyone have a good weekend!
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    I took a walk :happy:

To the ice cream store :noway:

I got frozen yogurt (90cals) instead of ice cream :love:

LoL:laugh:

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! Don't forget that I don't have internet access from home so my posts on the weekend are very scarce.

Love you all!!!! Can't wait for weigh in on Monday!!!!

Good luck everyone!
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Bought three pairs of jeans, am picking the size three, I had a serious talk with myself today and dont think size zero is a good goal, I know where my hips are and how wide the can be, I just dont think its a realistic goal, I could do it but it wouldnt be in line with my other goals. Having reached my prebaby weight I will do photos next weekend when my son is away, am going to do illusion (or maybe not illusion) of nudity in front of my wide white slatted window as the morning sun comes in, am gonna do a beach bikini shot at Christmas for personal cards but as a part of a marketing campaign, new year new you bull**** (work)

So far today had coffee with sugary cream, and then got to work and nabbed two pieces of pizza, am freaking out because not sure how to log them and dont know the damage so havent eaten since for fear of what Ive already done, dont want to have done so well today and gained it back tomorrow.
  • kdm97
    kdm97 Posts: 111
    Options
    I had a great workout at the gym today! Hopefully the upcoming week will be an active one for me.
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Did a 1.5 mile hike through an underground cavern yesterday, and had a salad and a sandwich for lunch with a bag of baked Lay's chips and a banana as a snack. Been really lazy today because of all the steps we had to climb to get out of the cavern (approx. 100 steep steps). Went to Subway tonight for dinner and got a footlong Oven Roast Chicken - I skipped out on the condiments, got the whole wheat bread, and only at HALF. I'm so proud of myself today.

This week's gonna be a super busy one - weigh-in tomorrow, vlog filming on Tuesday, babysitting on Wednesday, last minute packing on Friday, and then moving on Saturday and Sunday. I'm sure I'll be shedding some pounds! :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    My "piece" is a clingy bandage-style red dress I bought for bf & my 2nd anniversary (coming up in 2 weeks - AH!) that I probably won't be wearing for our anniversary...would love to look BANGIN' in it my Christmas. When I tried it on, I was about 160 or so...now I'm 167. :sad:
  • NurseLocke
    NurseLocke Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Entry for Amanda (NurseLocke)

WEEK ONE:
    Challenge Starting Weight: 200#
    Current Weight: 200#
    Difference: 0
    Christmas Goal Weight: 150#
    Current Size: 14
    Goal Size: 8
    Aprox Minutes of Weekly Exercise: 100
    Highs of last week: Jogged even though I REALLY didn't want to x2.
    Lows of last week: Wasn't really "on" with food this week. Just didn't care.
    How to Improve (the lows): No fast-food.
    Tricks: From here on out, it's a sit down place & a place we've never visited before. (It'll cut down on the frequency in which I eat prepared meals!!
    Piece of Clothing I'm dying to get into: Black satin strapless dress!! It's so simple yet gorgeous!

As slow as the weight has been coming off lately, I highly doubt a loss of 50# is an obtainable goal. BUT perhaps you ladies can give me the swift kick in the *kitten* that I need to succeed! Good luck to everyone this week!
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My update (Davali)
    WEEK ONE:
    Challenge Starting Weight: 211lbs
    Current Weight: 210lbs
    Difference: -1
    Christmas Goal Weight: 175lbs
    Current Size: 18 (uk)
    Goal Size: 12 (uk)
    Aprox Minutes of Weekly Exercise: 10
    Highs of last week: hit under 15 stone (210lbs) - only just though. So close to being at 'overweight' BMI
    Lows: did almost no exercise - still getting over flu and was finding it difficult to breathe easily - didn't really push it though!
    Piece of Clothing I'm dying to get into: evening dress bought for December cruise - bought it 2 sizes too small and feels much, much smaller!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Week 1 - Emily

Challenge Starting Weight: 219.9
    Current Weight: 219.9
    Christmas Goal Weight: 199.9 (-20lbs)
    Current Size: 14/16
    Goal Size: 6/8
    Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 6 hours swimming and 3 hours elliptical/kickboxing during the last week
    Highes of last week: made a faster interval on a swimming set than I've done so far!
    Lows of last week: all of the chocolate this weekend associated with TOM
    How to Improve (the lows): have 1 cookie instead of 2; incorporate more protein so I'm not hungry and grazing while at home
    Tips or Tricks: Drink 32 oz of water through breakfast; 64 through lunch. The rest of the day is however much I want to drink!
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Week One - Nika

Challenge Starting Weight: 362
    Current Weight: 357.4
    Difference: -4.6
    Christmas Goal Weight: 330
    Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 330 muniutes
    Highes of last week: 2 - 2.3 mile walks and a underground cavern hike of 1.5 miles; Stopping myself from sabotaging my diet by overeating.
    Lows of last week: Was about to overeat Saturday night (stopped myself, though) due to emotion.
    How to Improve (the lows): Analyze and find a solution to an emotional problem BEFORE making a meal.
    Tips or Tricks: Use a Breathe Right Advanced nasal strip to open up the airways a little more when you find it hard to breathe. Works for me. :)
  • xjlishey1
    xjlishey1 Posts: 286
    Options
    Week One - Jlishey

Challenge starting weight: 226
    Current Weight: 228
    Difference: +2
    Christmas Goal Weight: 175
    Aprox. minutes of Exercise: 300minutes
    Highs of last week..back to weight lifting and birthday
    Lows of last week: too much partying..drinking and eating
    How to improve: jump right back into eating right, exercising and counting calories
  • gogracie
    gogracie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a fantastic challenge!!! Any chance you would take a late entry??
  • Caite_S
    Caite_S Posts: 42
    Options
    Week One: Caite

Challenge starting weight: 132
    Current weight: 132
    Christmas Goal Weight: around 115
    Current size: depends on the store usually medium top and size 6 or 8 pants
    Goal size: a small top and size 3 pants
    Approximate minutes of exercise: 240
    Highs of last week: Ran 3.4 miles
    Lows of last week: skipped 2 days of my jillian michael's dvd
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Week one: Natalie

Challenge Starting Weight: 149
    Current Weight: 145.6
    Difference: -3.4
    Christmas Goal Weight: 135
    Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 200
    Highes of last week: Went for a 3 mile run with my cousin on Saturday (he is tall and fast -- was a great challenge to keep up -- and I know he didn't go as fast as he could, but still I had to work hard!!!!!)
    Lows of last week: Donuts, brownies and ice cream were all brough to work on the SAME DAY!!!!!!!!!
    How to Improve (the lows): Pick ONE and just have a little :)
    Tips or Tricks: Eat small meals/snacks 6 times a day. I love doing this as I never feel hungry!
  • bcolburn289
    Options
    Week one: Brooke
    Challenge Starting Weight: 225
    Current Weight: 220
    Difference: -5
    Christmas Goal Weight: 195
    Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 120
    Highes of last week: Got back on the treadmill after about a 2 week break. This challenge has re-motivated me!
    Lows of last week: Had 3 pieces of pizza Sat. night. sigh.
    How to Improve (the lows): Make sure to have a big green salad on pizza nights! Eat that and ONE slice.
    Tips or Tricks: I need to better plan my snacks as well as meals. I do great with meals, but tend to get really snacky in the afternoons...
  • kdm97
    kdm97 Posts: 111
    Options
    Week 1: Kim

Challenge Starting Weight: 251.7
    Current Weight: 251.7
    Christmas Goal Weight: 220
    Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 75
    Highes of last week: Had a great workout on yesterday
    Lows of last week: Not cooking and eating out without exercise
    How to Improve (the lows): I made a promise to myself to go to the gym at least 4 times this week.
    Tips or Tricks: Just continuing to count my calories and stay under

Good Luck Everyone! Have a great week!
  • hperowl
    hperowl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Week 1: Heather

Challenge Starting Weight: 200 (as of today)
    Current Weight: 200
    Difference: 10
    Christmas Goal Weight: 169
    Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 45
    Highes of last week: Able to complete workout without stopping or modifying
    Lows of last week: The Italian Beef and the soda
    How to Improve (the lows): Stick to what's good for me
    Tips or Tricks: Mix up my exercises so I don't get bored
    Ultimate Goal: To wear a size 8 Current size: 16
    9682602.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    WEEK ONE:
    Challenge Starting Weight: 172.6#
    Current Weight: 172.6#
    Christmas Goal Weight: 149#
    Current Size: 14
    Goal Size: 10
    Aprox Minutes of Weekly Exercise: 120 (that's my plan and i'm sticking to it!!!)
    Highs of last week: Felt skinny in the mornings although the scale didn't show it, I didn't let the number on the scale bring me down.
    Lows of last week: Drank WAY too much on Saturday (I never EVER drink and it hurt me, bad).
    How to Improve (the lows): I don't have to worry about fixing my low from last week, it won't happened again!
    Tricks: Continue to keep my goals in sight. Keep my eyes on the prize!! I've got a great mentality right now, I just need to hang onto it for dear life.
    Piece of Clothing I'm dying to get into: My size 12 dress pants, I have a ton of them and can't wear any of them!

I'm so excited about this challenge and even more excited about Christmas Pictures this year :happy:

Good luck everyone!!!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    SW - 152 - Stuck at this for months becasue I have been lazy
    CW- SAME
    Goal Weight for XMAS - 140 ohh I wish santa PLEASE
    Current Size - Just purchased express jeans in size 8 this weekend :)
    Goal Size - to fit comfortable in a size 6 with no muffin top :)
    Mintues of weeky exercise this week - also going for 120!
    highs of last week - went for my first run in a long time and it felt great
    Lows - Eating badly on ths weekend. I mean really bad. Its sickening
    How to improve - can up with a new list. I am only eating badly when I am with my boyfreind so I told him it must END for once and for all
    Tricks - Use the skinnytaste.com website on the weeknd to cook and enjoy food wit the guy VS eating out or ordering in
    Clothes I am dying to get into - NYE sparkly little number