Sweets

Options
I have a huge sweet tooth, which can be a problem when dieting. Specifically, I like having a something sweet after meals. What are your go to sweet treats??

Replies

• StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Try and chew a piece of gum after eating, sometimes that helps me.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    i am a chocoholic.i have chocolate after lunch and dinner daily. i just work it into my calorie goal
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,164 Member
    Options
    Fruit, or a small piece of really good chocolate.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i have whatever i am craving. denial for me leads to binging. instead of an oreo or two, i end up eating a sleeve dipped in warm hot fudge
  • HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm only okay with sweets if I eat something very late in the day and then go to bed not long after.

Grabbing an apple or pear helped me break the "dessert time" habit. They are sweet, filling - especially when I was already full from the meal, and I didn't want more and more and more.

I can't keep candy/sweets around and only have one or two pieces. I know it's there and I want it. I was like that when I was thin too 🤷 I think when I was thin it balanced out because I ate less overall and rarely even bought candy or pastries, etc. I *still* don't like cookies.

I can eat naturally occurring sugars like fruit and such and not have endless cravings. I'm sure that will get eyerolls and woos, but it's what I experience. Maybe it's the fiber difference. Dunno
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Also fruit for the most part.

Good chocolate or a weighed serving of ice cream are options I will include sometimes.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Oikos Triple Zero Greek yogurt. It has some awesome flavors. 110 calories.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,714 Member
    Options
    1.)Avocado ice cream- cocoa powder and stevia.freeze, mix in Nutra bullet.
    2.) Walden Farms Maple Syrup, old fashioned oats, cacao nibs
    3.) Silken tofu, Walden Farms Maple, Cinnamon
    4.) Chocolate plant protein, tsp cocoa powder added
    5.) Really wierd- sugar free jello mashed with vanilla protein powder!
    6.) Garden of Life Weight Loss bar or Sun Warrior Salted Caramel protein bar
    7.) Alyssa Healthy Vegan Oatmeal Cookies ( sugar free, gluten free)
  • christisims1126
    christisims1126 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a huge sweet tooth, which can be a problem when dieting. Specifically, I like having a something sweet after meals. What are your go to sweet treats??

I've been drinking Crystal light when I crave sweet stuff. Definitely helps!
  • krismurphy798
    krismurphy798 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I never considered something like that to help my sweet tooth! How many calories would that add to a bottle of water?
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Light snack at work = Brookside choc covered fruit. Limit myself to only when i need it for hunger, and no more than 2 at a time.

Dessert: have at 8:30 every night. If I have room in calories, Prestige Ice Cream (bi-lo brand), flavor of the month. If I don't have much room, a half serving of wrapped chocolate (Godiva, lindor, etc)
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Just found these last week. Every flavor I've tried has been delicious!

1b0m5ouczuww.jpeg
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options

I never considered something like that to help my sweet tooth! How many calories would that add to a bottle of water?

A serving of Crystal Light is 5 calories per 8oz serving, so you can adjust based on that for your bottle size. You can always adjust for taste if that is too sweet or not sweet enough.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,164 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Just found these last week. Every flavor I've tried has been delicious!

1b0m5ouczuww.jpeg

Yeah, I like those, too. Plus they have some helpful protein, and - last I checked my favorite flavors - none of the sugar alcohols that cause digestive distress for some people.

ETA: Oops, no - the ones I found that don't have sugar alcohols are the Yasso Greek Yogurt bars. Package looks similar, so I reacted wrong, kneejerk. (The Enlightened ones may be swell, too, but it's Yassos I like and that have protein/no sugar alcohols.)
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Good little chocolates. Ghirardelli, Godiva. I like the little Dove treasures, dark chocolate with peanut butter. There's a local chocolate place that makes little chocolate peanut butter creams. Totally worth the 50-60-ish calories.
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Up your protein, that usually helps me. If I'm craving sweets after dinner, I'll have a chocolate protein bar. I like the PowerCrunch bars, those are pretty good and low sugar.