any Virgo ppl out there....

Options

Replies

• LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Lost 1 lb this week and .5 in around waist and .5 inch around hips : )

KUDOS my dear, great news!!!!

WTG!!!:drinker:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    Thank you so much rabbitslave. Good to be here.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Noemigtz
    Options
    I would,like to lose 5 pounds by Sept 5.i would like to lose more but I only have 2 1/2 we
    eks before my Birthday....
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    :glasses: :flowerforyou: :heart: We're into a new week here on the Virgo Challenge!!!

What do you guys do when you have a sweet tooth? I love chomping down on

some sweet organic carrots, preferably full size, none of these whittled down

"baby carrots" for me! Lately, at my holistic doctors request, I have been eating handfuls of

organic raisins as well. I believe it correlates with the body becoming more

alkaline which then produces better health overall...ENJOY!

I would love to hear your ideas in the sweet tooth department, oh, and just as an aside,

I heard that pickles have the ability to quench that desire for sweets, ideas? Thoughts?

Have a great week of healthy eating and move! move! move! dear Virgos:wink:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    I would,like to lose 5 pounds by Sept 5.i would like to lose more but I only have 2 1/2 we
    eks before my Birthday....

Well, never say never!!! bet you can get pretty close!!!
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Booo.....

Last Week: 147

This Week: 148

Time to get my *kitten* in gear and do this! Thank goodness birthdays are over lol!
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    :glasses: :flowerforyou: :heart: We're into a new week here on the Virgo Challenge!!!

"baby carrots" for me! Lately, at my holistic doctors request, I have been eating handfuls of

I would love to hear your ideas in the sweet tooth department, oh, and just as an aside,

I heard that pickles have the ability to quench that desire for sweets, ideas? Thoughts?

Oooo I love pickles, but have feared all the sodium :ohwell:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options

Oooo I love pickles, but have feared all the sodium :ohwell:

:bigsmile: I never fear a pickle! (well, unless your doctor has warned against them???)

you can eat them slowly one at a time LOL

and just remember to cut sodium down from other items!

I eat salt free whenever possible so that when I want that pickle I just go for it.

Also, I drink a gallon of water a day, I do not fear pickles:bigsmile:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    Booo.....

Last Week: 147

This Week: 148

Time to get my *kitten* in gear and do this! Thank goodness birthdays are over lol!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: don't fret the small stuff!!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Welp, I almost made it. Saturday is my birthday, but we're leaving town today for a trip to the mountains. Hubby's birthday is today, two days before mine, so we always do something kinda fun for "our" birthdays. I won't have access to a scale again until Monday.

But the scale is an evil b*tch. It hovered at 199.8 for a moment, and I got all excited. Then it bumped up to 200 flat. I thought maybe I jinxed it and got on the scale again. It went right to 200 flat. *sigh* So much for ONEderland by my birthday. I got close, tho.....any closer, and I'd be there, but I'm not bitter. Not bitter at all. :grumble:
  • Sheltie4
    Sheltie4 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welp, I almost made it. Saturday is my birthday, but we're leaving town today for a trip to the mountains. Hubby's birthday is today, two days before mine, so we always do something kinda fun for "our" birthdays. I won't have access to a scale again until Monday.

But the scale is an evil b*tch. It hovered at 199.8 for a moment, and I got all excited. Then it bumped up to 200 flat. I thought maybe I jinxed it and got on the scale again. It went right to 200 flat. *sigh* So much for ONEderland by my birthday. I got close, tho.....any closer, and I'd be there, but I'm not bitter. Not bitter at all. :grumble:

Happy Birthday for tomorrow - mine too. Have a lovely trip.
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    Congrats to you all!!!

Angel
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    luckily i don't have a sweet tooth at all, i usually crave salty foods!! i like my coffee sweet, but that's about it.

i LOVE fruit, though! apples are my favorite, i'm definitely one of those "an apple a day" people. oh, and bananas and pineapples! i like dried fruit too, especially dates, figs, and (don't laugh) prunes. i'm gonna go get a fruit now :bigsmile:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options

Happy Birthday sweetie! hope your mountain trip was great! (lol on the grumbling blue face)

your accomplishments so far are vast:flowerforyou:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    luckily i don't have a sweet tooth at all, i usually crave salty foods!! i like my coffee sweet, but that's about it.

i LOVE fruit, though! apples are my favorite, i'm definitely one of those "an apple a day" people. oh, and bananas and pineapples! i like dried fruit too, especially dates, figs, and (don't laugh) prunes. i'm gonna go get a fruit now :bigsmile:

ah yes, all such wonderfully healthy brainfood choices! hope your weekend was awesome:glasses:

thanks for your contribution to this thread:flowerforyou:
  • Kmarr32010
    Kmarr32010 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Lost .4lbs this week. Pretty good considering I had a 3.8lbs loss last week. I'm slowly but surely getting there! When I have a sweets craving I go for one of two things, fruit or peanut butter. :happy: Both a yummy and gets me through the craving. Hope everyone had a successful week! Keep going! We can do this!:bigsmile:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    Lost .4lbs this week. Pretty good considering I had a 3.8lbs loss last week. I'm slowly but surely getting there! When I have a sweets craving I go for one of two things, fruit or peanut butter. :happy: Both a yummy and gets me through the craving. Hope everyone had a successful week! Keep going! We can do this!:bigsmile:

I am so proud of you for your hard work and continued contributions to our little group!

It makes all the difference when ppl band together for one goal. Hope your week

is awesome:drinker:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    This week we need to push ourselves harder as we are coming close to September

and I know for myself I am looking to add to the challenge by starting with super

clean eating next week, Monday, when I return from vacation. In the meantime,

I am looking to work out at least 90 minutes every day. Are there any of you who

would like to work out 90 minutes a day with me? We can do any combination,

strength train, yoga, calisthenics, aerobics, hiking...anything you like:glasses:

Please send me a personal message to my inbox and tell me of your plan for the week

if you're in! Together we can stay motivated and build each others ideas!!! Thanks!!!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    8/02 - 214.6
    8/09 - 213.6 (-1.0)
    8/16 - 210.4 (-3.2)
    8/23 - 209.8 (-0.6)
    8/30 - 208.2 (-1.6)
    9/04 - *my B-DAY!*
    9/06 - *first day of work!*

Power's been out since Saturday cuz if Irene :( kinda stinks for dieting...
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    I've lost 5 pounds since joining this group! Thanks for the encouragement and support. 12 days to go until my birthday.

Question of the day: Do you take your birthdays off to celebrate? (i.e. fancy meal, cake, etc.)

Angel