Weight SIze Ratio????

Options

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 134 lbs
    Size: 9 or 11 (long) in jeans. I need to get out of the habit of shopping for my jeans at "teen" stores. I'm pretty sure I only wear a 9 or 11 because the style of jeans is meant to fit tightly (i.e. "skinny" jeans, etc).
    cc :happy: at 5 "8" are you small framed or med?...which would you consider your bone structure, from your pics which I realize is all I have to go by you look small framed?:wink:

Well either way you fab! I'm the same heigh as you so was curious is all:flowerforyou:

FC:heart:

Hmmmmm...I would not consider myself small framed at all!! I feel amazonian, to be honest with you. Maybe that's just my height though. I have broad shoulders for a female, as well as large hands with long, skinny fingers. Long legs, big feet (size 9 or 10), curvy hips, big booty (lol). I've always had a curvy body (never have had the chest to match though...grrr), even when I was a little kid. My baby sis (she's 6) is the same way. She towers over almost all of her classmates and has a curvy body for being a child.

Here's a pic of me 10 lbs ago (sometime in early fall '08):
    http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/51/l_3b4bdf5faee8e9b56b77ac0b9a3767f2.jpg

My husband is 5'7 and small framed. He truly makes me feel amazonian. :laugh: It is clear in the photo that I am an inch taller than him, you can so tell.

Here's a pic of me 3 lbs ago (a little over amonth ago):
    http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/32/l_fc0b813692f74b33bcd3b09452841b8a.jpg

Those are the skinny jeans I was referring to. :ohwell: I am very cleverly disguising my little "muffin top" there. haha. I have a size 11 flared jean from the same store that no longer fits my waist and is starting to fit loosely on my thighs as well. I need to keep reminding myself that every brand runs their sizes differently...
    Thanks cc :)
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    5'4
    SIZE 16/18

:flowerforyou:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Well Frick I read through all the posts and I'm still the stinkin' shortest person in the room...even on the internet!!!! That cinches it. I'm not overweight I am just underheighth.
    :noway:
  • fiddlechic
    Options
    thanks ccano!!
  • coliechacer
    Options
    Hi every one

Height 5'1
    Weight 167
    Size 13-14

135753.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    5' 7" 129 pounds and usually a size 4 pants and small shirt.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    bump
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Well Frick I read through all the posts and I'm still the stinkin' shortest person in the room...even on the internet!!!! That cinches it. I'm not overweight I am just underheighth.
    :noway:

and you are CUTE as a button......oops. Not a round button, a slim little Japanese-style "peg" button that fits in those cool braided loops on Asian tops. :flowerforyou: I'm tall, but sometimes wish I wasn't. I hated my curly hair for years, too. We are all "differently challenged." And we are all beautiful in our own ways.:smile:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    bump

eek-1.gif
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    bump

eek-1.gif
    :laugh: OMG I swear I am so confused who's posting me or YOU Cheryl with this curler pic up! Not sure how much longer I can confuse myself.

FC:heart:eeek.gif you crack me up and have cheered me up tonight...it's been a rough one.

pulling myself out of another highjacking...gulp!

Love the thread guys:flowerforyou: ...Lynnie, how tall are you again?
  • cmriverside
    Options
    bump

eek-1.gif
    :laugh: OMG I swear I am so confused who's posting me or YOU Cheryl with this curler pic up! Not sure how much longer I can confuse myself.

FC:heart:eeek.gif you crack me up and have cheered me up tonight...it's been a rough one.

Lynnie is 4'11".

How tall are you?

[/quote]
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    bump

eek-1.gif

Lynnie is 4'11".

How tall are you?

[/quote] eeek.gif

5 "8" ish LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I just saw your AV! I was just thinking how freakin funny it would be if we all used the curler pic for a bit for a bit of time, to see who loses their mind first trying to keep everyone straight here on the board!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lynniejones
    Options
    FC and Cheryl, seriously your AVs are freakin me out! Speaking of AV's I changed my Cheryl, so NYAH I'm sticking out my tongue at you. :tongue:

Lynnie
    who has decided if she is the shortest she must also be the brattiest.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    FC and Cheryl, seriously your AVs are freakin me out! Speaking of AV's I changed my Cheryl, so NYAH I'm sticking out my tongue at you. :tongue:

Lynnie
    who has decided if she is the shortest she must also be the brattiest.
    Trust me Lynnie, it's truly been freakin me out all night as well...:laugh: :laugh:

Cute new pic!:bigsmile:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 138
    Size: usually 4, sometimes 2 (Ann Taylor), sometimes 6 (jeans)

It's crazy the variation you can see between weight and size. I carry my fat in my thighs and triceps and am lean everywhere else. I can put on a size 2 skirt but often need a 6 for pants thanks to my thick thighs. For tops and dresses, sleeves tend to be my constraint. I wear wider necklines and tapered waists to draw attention away from the width of my arms. No horizontal stripes for me unless they're both dark colors!

I hear ya ,Yellow Pepper! I, too, carry the bulk of my weight in thighs and triceps! With the help of MFP and all the support I'm getting, I hope to wear those sleeveless tops with pride, for once!!:noway: :smile:
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Im 5'7...
    Im 188pounds........
    Im a size 13-15jean!
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    tad over 5'1"
    147 currently
    size 8-10 pants (no junior sizes for my curvy figure!)
    small-med tops
    dress size 6- go figure

I agree with the previous comment about frumpy petite-sized clothes:grumble: :grumble: All of the stylish clothes are too long on my sqat torso and WAY too long in pants!!

Hey, you are a bit smaller than I was when I started (I was at 154 but 5'0). I was up to a size 12 at that point. I agree that it's impossible to find anything that doesn't look ridiculous! Even now I have difficulty finding clothing that looks right. 5's are still long and shirts are always wayyyyy too long on me. I don't need any more help looking like I'm all torso. :tongue:

Wow! A body-double! You are my inspiration!!:wink: I think your current pic is awesome!!!:flowerforyou: Although I've come to grips with 5'1" and 130, it seems everyone else my height has these tiny frames that I can't possibly come close to. My lowest adult weight was high school LOL at 120. I rode horses, was all muscle with a body fat of 18%!! I thought I was HUGE.:grumble:
  • lynniejones
    Options
    *sniff, sniff* still no one under 5 foot?
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    5ft
    228.4 lbs
    Size 25
    I'm so glad you posted. I was reading through all the threads and no one over size 16 had posted so I was afraid to post mine.

Okay here goes

5' 2 1/2"
    Wt: 224
    Jeans 20/22
    Tops XXL (can't stand anything clinging to my fat!)
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    tad over 5'1"
    147 currently
    size 8-10 pants (no junior sizes for my curvy figure!)
    small-med tops
    dress size 6- go figure

I agree with the previous comment about frumpy petite-sized clothes:grumble: :grumble: All of the stylish clothes are too long on my sqat torso and WAY too long in pants!!

Hey, you are a bit smaller than I was when I started (I was at 154 but 5'0). I was up to a size 12 at that point. I agree that it's impossible to find anything that doesn't look ridiculous! Even now I have difficulty finding clothing that looks right. 5's are still long and shirts are always wayyyyy too long on me. I don't need any more help looking like I'm all torso. :tongue:

Wow! A body-double! You are my inspiration!!:wink: I think your current pic is awesome!!!:flowerforyou: Although I've come to grips with 5'1" and 130, it seems everyone else my height has these tiny frames that I can't possibly come close to. My lowest adult weight was high school LOL at 120. I rode horses, was all muscle with a body fat of 18%!! I thought I was HUGE.:grumble:

Thanks! Yea, it seems like most people my height are under 120 and sooo teeny....I mean standing next to them I look huge even though I'm short. Part of it is my bone structure, and I know I have a good deal of muscle mass, but I still have extra body fat around my hips (of course). :tongue: 18% is great, that's pretty much my goal! I would be happy with 19%, but if I could get lower that would be great. I don't want to fall under 15%, but I doubt that will happen anyway. I don't really mind what the scale says, just what size pants I wear. My goal is a size 3...it's just one size down from where I am, so I will maintain most of my muscle mass.