Are you happy with your body?

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    One time i went 22 days without eating. On purpose. I was dumb and naive. Luckily my body didn’t kill me.

Twice i had babies. On purpose. My body literally grew humans. Granted it wasn’t just my body and my husband deserves an honorable mention in there somewhere but it still blows my mind when i think about it. And THEN when it was time to evict them, my body just knew what to do. My brain sure didn’t and was super not excited to be along for the ride, but we pushed out those pretty-sure-they-were-pineapples and my body just has these stretch marks on my hips and abdomen now. And gray streaks in my hair, let’s face it

Three times i have had surgery. I was sliced and diced and my body is totally fine now. Like it never happened. Those body parts disappeared and my body was just bye felicia and resumed business as normal. I have the tiniest scars but I’m otherwise good as new.

So yeah. My body is pretty gosh darn amazing, at least to me. Wicked smart too. Kinda wish it would clue me in a bit more but i feel like i can trust it to do its thing too.

I should probably start being nicer to it 🤔

@caco_ethes

So, If I told you that you had a great body.... would you hold it against me ??
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    One time i went 22 days without eating. On purpose. I was dumb and naive. Luckily my body didn’t kill me.

Twice i had babies. On purpose. My body literally grew humans. Granted it wasn’t just my body and my husband deserves an honorable mention in there somewhere but it still blows my mind when i think about it. And THEN when it was time to evict them, my body just knew what to do. My brain sure didn’t and was super not excited to be along for the ride, but we pushed out those pretty-sure-they-were-pineapples and my body just has these stretch marks on my hips and abdomen now. And gray streaks in my hair, let’s face it

Three times i have had surgery. I was sliced and diced and my body is totally fine now. Like it never happened. Those body parts disappeared and my body was just bye felicia and resumed business as normal. I have the tiniest scars but I’m otherwise good as new.

So yeah. My body is pretty gosh darn amazing, at least to me. Wicked smart too. Kinda wish it would clue me in a bit more but i feel like i can trust it to do its thing too.

I should probably start being nicer to it 🤔

I love this.
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    I’m happier with my body than I was 81 lbs ago, but it’s still a work in progress. I’m learning to make peace with it.
  • _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_
    _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_ Posts: 2,148 Member
    I'm happy with my overall body shape, but not the individual details of it. I don't like my thighs or my butt or my boobs. And my abs are currently in hiding. I'm mostly frustrated because 2019 has been a year of limited workouts - I've been really sick twice, broke one ankle, sprained the other ankle, and broke a toe. Not all at the same time. So I'm really just trying to maintain and do modified lifting, but cardio is out until I'm fully healed.
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Mostly, yes, for the first time in a long time. I like that I'm stronger and that I have something resembling abs if you squint real hard. I run and lift weights and do yoga. I'm less likely to be radically over or undereating. I'm on the right mental health meds. I feel steady and that's really nice.
  • showjefb
    showjefb Posts: 109 Member
    No. After losing significant weight 7 years ago, keeping it off, and transforming my body, I have slipped back into poor eating habits the last year or so. I have also not trained in nearly 5 months due to a back injury. I have only gained about 15 lbs, but I do not feel or look the same. Starting this account today to get focused and back on track.

Having said all that, I am content and happy. I am not caught up in the fitness game and trying to get abs anymore. I do want to be healthy though and not forced to buy new clothes due to expanding waistline :D
  • Rocko820
    Rocko820 Posts: 53 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Rocko are you happy with your body and are other people happy with it?✍️

Honestly, not really im always striving to improve, however every one else thinks im in great shape.
    And you?
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    No, and I don’t believe I ever will be ok with me.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 30 Member
    not exactly unhappy, but I know that if I could just get my ish together and quit playin around, it could be exactly how i want it. i'm so close, yet so far cause donuts.
  • Rocko820
    thecanface wrote: »
    not exactly unhappy, but I know that if I could just get my ish together and quit playin around, it could be exactly how i want it. i'm so close, yet so far cause donuts.

I hear ya loud and clear, Krispy Cremes be like woah!!
  • Rocko820
    No, and I don’t believe I ever will be ok with me.

Believe, everyday you are a better you 👍🏼
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Mm2Hh7 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Mm2Hh7 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Right now I'm frustrated with how my body is functioning but there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

When I'm not in this state, I am about 90% happy, always room for improvement but I know how to get there.

Do you have an illness?

Oh no no.. I am grumpy and sore going through my third pregnancy. I was being a bit overdramatic. Sorry for what you are going through. <3

Oh I see! Lol. Well I am happy for you then- congratulations!! :)

Thank you :)
  • Suuzanne37
    Suuzanne37 Posts: 114 Member
    I’m pain free and have good mobility. I aim to be healthier, but with all that it takes for the human body to function; I really am grateful.

Happiness regarding ones ever changing body can be temporary. I think it is better to be “awed” by your body and have the aim to keep it at its best functionality.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I think it’s not a popular answer, but I’m pretty happy with my body, both in what it can do and how it looks. I’m still looking to improve, but yes, I’m happy.

This!
  • sillypandas
    sillypandas Posts: 53 Member
    As Someone with a history of eating disorders and body dysmorphia, I've never been happy with my body, even at my lowest or fittest weight, looking at certain parts of my body have either driven me to tears, or on the verge of a full blown panic attack. I've always wished i could be one of those people who are comfortable in their own skin. I've given it a solid effort many times. Maybe one of those times itll actually stick!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    I'm grateful everything works and although gravity has robbed me a little Im still happy.. of course I could improve with a load of hard work.. but I'm still ok with what I have naturally.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    The older I get the happier I am.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Overall yes, but I think we all have our moments in which we feel insecure from time to time.
  • EmBeatie
    EmBeatie Posts: 33 Member
    I'm surprised the majority say they are. I've always hated mine, even when I was young and skinny (I was TOO thin then). I remember Cindy Crawford saying the body part she hated was her knuckles. Imagine being so beautiful that you only have to worry about your knuckles, or even being aware of them at all!