Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    You got this Quik!! Sometimes you just have to have someone else let you have it to verify what you already know. Now where is that Wonder Woman suit?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm at the point where I'm majoring in the minors, trying to utilize very slight changes/cues to maximize my lifts. On bench, I need to focus on driving through my heels and a slight chest "pop" when I start to press.

Heels flat on the floor, but driving. No sunlight visible under the glutes. Slight chest pop. Good lift!

https://youtu.be/MEoZQHhtPeY
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I can't watch action films because I just can't sit back and enjoy, I have to dissect all the impossible bits, the more mundane, the better. Currently watching a bit of Jurassic World on TV, which ignoring the main premise is full of beautiful stretches of ludicrous. As the main guy is riding his motorcycle through the forest after his pack of raptors, I can't help but think why isn't he wearing a helmet?! Never mind being eaten by dinosaurs, he's way more likely to hit a tree root and smash his skull on a rock. This is why I don't watch films!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I can't watch action films because I just can't sit back and enjoy, I have to dissect all the impossible bits, the more mundane, the better. Currently watching a bit of Jurassic World on TV, which ignoring the main premise is full of beautiful stretches of ludicrous. As the main guy is riding his motorcycle through the forest after his pack of raptors, I can't help but think why isn't he wearing a helmet?! Never mind being eaten by dinosaurs, he's way more likely to hit a tree root and smash his skull on a rock. This is why I don't watch films!

I just watched that for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I definitely didn’t notice that. 😂
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options

1. If you have to catch the raptors, you can't take the time to put on a helmet.
    2. Why would the director want to hide the handsome hero's face?
    3. The first concept you learn in theater classes is that you depend on your audience to suspend their disbelief so that they can enjoy the story which you're trying to tell.
    4. You spell it theatre instead of theater, don't you?
  • Kiyomoo
    Kiyomoo Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I tell myself that celebrities I like would find me disgusting if I eat that cookie or drink that shake.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

This is why I only like movies that have a basis in truth. I dont mind stretching the truth to build a good story, but if there is just no way any of it could happen, I get bored very easily.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Kiyomoo wrote: »
    I tell myself that celebrities I like would find me disgusting if I eat that cookie or drink that shake.

Why does this matter? How is that motivation?
  • melissafeagins
    edited May 2019
    Options

That would never work for me. I couldn't care less what celebrities think. Most of them are well paid parrots. Looking good while they repeat someon else's words.

ETA : If it works for you, by all means continue to use that strategy. I have autism and only care what a few people think of me. OTOH, if the long-timers in this thread told me that I should not eat the cookie, I would probably listen.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

That would never work for me. I couldn't care less what celebrities think. Most of them are well paid parrots. Looking good while they repeat someon else's words.

ETA : If it works for you, by all means continue to use that strategy. I have autism and only care what a few people think of me. OTOH, if the long-timers in this thread told me that I should not eat the cookie, I would probably listen.

Ditto on both those....minus the autism....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Mel - you gonna come back to the challenge?
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    My coach chewed my butt this morning for my weight and macros (not hitting protein specifically). He made valid stupid points illustrating why I need to dial it in. Basically, I've hit my limit of "newb" gains in strength and I'm going to have to dial it in if I want to continue to improve in my sport. Stupid logical arguments. *pouts

I hate when people are logical. Takes all the fun out of everything.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Mel - you gonna come back to the challenge?

In June, no matter what. I need it. This week my plan is laundry, work, dinner, dishes, sleep, do it again.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Except we are bad influences and would tell you to eat the cookie! ;)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    My coach chewed my butt this morning for my weight and macros (not hitting protein specifically). He made valid stupid points illustrating why I need to dial it in. Basically, I've hit my limit of "newb" gains in strength and I'm going to have to dial it in if I want to continue to improve in my sport. Stupid logical arguments. *pouts

I hate when people are logical. Takes all the fun out of everything.

Right?!? :s
  • melissafeagins
    Options

Except we are bad influences and would tell you to eat the cookie! ;)

That's why I wouldn't eat the cookie if you said don't. I'd probably drop it in the floor out of surprise, but I wouldn't eat it. LOL!!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

There's nothing disgusting about food (unless you put it in the bin and douse it in washing liquid 😉) and certainly you are not disgusting for eating something, but I guess if you feel it helps you that's your call. No judgement, I just don't like to see folk be mean to themselves. Good luck to you.