6/1 start date accountability/support group?

Options
ThisWillBeTheLastTime
ThisWillBeTheLastTime Posts: 42 Member
edited May 2019 in Motivation and Support
Would love a support group that checks in as needed. I need the extra motivational push right now-and probably through my 34 lb weight loss. I am the only one of my friends that is trying to lose weight and it’s so tough! I have a terrible relationship with food and emotionally eat and/or drink OFTEN. I’m not on social media so we would have to share here... any takers? Maybe share weekly weigh-ins, favorite recipes, non-scale victories, struggles, motivation... thoughts please :) I’m totally open to suggestions!

Replies

• riley2eat
    riley2eat Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Id like to join!
  • nisie3
    nisie3 Posts: 99 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Id be interested
  • Lunaripyros
    Lunaripyros Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested! I actually would love an accountability buddy or 3. I am new to this site but I have successfully used calorie counting and exercise tracking in the past to lose weight. I actually haven't counted in 8 and a half years, but last time I did I lost 50lbs. Now over these years my weight has crept steadily up until I am at my highest ever!!! I now have 75lbs to lose, 30 of which I gained in the last year following surgery to remove half my thyroid. I am working on stabilizing my thyroid meds with my doctor as they are low currently, and I am starting over with counting. I could really use a few people to share the journey with. Sound like fun? Hope we can help each other!!!
  • dlmciver
    dlmciver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm interested !
  • EllieMcC6
    EllieMcC6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’d like to join :) this will be my first time really calorie counting, I’ve mostly done slimming world before. I hope we all have a great first month!
  • vermontrebecca6929
    vermontrebecca6929 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like short term goals for long term goals
    I’m in.
    My goal is more water, more herbal tea, less coffee, no alcohol. Aspirational goal=100 oz/day
    I’m not a big drinker now but I certainly don’t need empty calories while losing weight. Apirational goal=0 alcohol
    I still struggle to get adequate protein even when I eat it three meals a day. So I need to add non-fat dairy to those meals. Aspirational goal=480 calories protein/day
    And I need to add fiber— through more veggies everyday, not grains, to keep calories in check. Aspirational goal=25 g of fiber/day
    Keep added sugar/fat in check (esp fat!!!) Aspirational goal=320 caloriesof fat/day
  • sdewey415
    sdewey415 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I wanna join! I have been going since January and have lost 31lbs but would like to lose 30-35 more. I am 5'3" and currently at 173.

For the month of June I have mini goals of losing 5lbs, start jogging more than walking, and to fit into Lg size tops more comfortably.

Tomorrow will be the beginning of a new day!
  • DW1Texas
    DW1Texas Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Likewise - would like to join the group. Lost 100lbs from Aug 2018 to Jan 2019 then took a break and did maintenance but ready to go again to get the rest off. NEVER would have accomplished my first goal without the groups/community forums and tools on MFP. So ready to go again - and support is always a good thing whether giving or getting.
  • ThisWillBeTheLastTime
    Options
    Yay!!! This is FANTASTIC! Thanks to all that replied. I figure we can just keep the group here? I’ll weigh in tomorrow morning and share my starting weight. My small goals for the week are no sweets, count everything, and maintain an exercise routine. I really love sweets more than I should and I’ve got to tame the sugar demon in my body; I naturally try to work any system and don’t want to do that with cals; I am about to start long summer hours at work so I want to work out no matter how tired I feel. I’m looking forward to this!!!
  • riley2eat
    Options
    Yay!!! This is FANTASTIC! Thanks to all that replied. I figure we can just keep the group here? I’ll weigh in tomorrow morning and share my starting weight. My small goals for the week are no sweets, count everything, and maintain an exercise routine. I really love sweets more than I should and I’ve got to tame the sugar demon in my body; I naturally try to work any system and don’t want to do that with cals; I am about to start long summer hours at work so I want to work out no matter how tired I feel. I’m looking forward to this!!!

Ughhh I literally wake up from a dead sleep ravenously craving sweets! It's one of my biggest issues :( when I can't find anything sweet (i try not to keep things for that reason) i end up eating some other terrible thing my body doesn't need just so i can calm myself to go back to sleep.
  • riley2eat
    Options
    Ok everyone! Hi, i'm Riley, i'm 29 years old. I'm trying hard to go back to clean eating, no processed foods, no bread, no pasta, pretty much fruits veggies and proteins. It's not just about the weight loss for me, I physically have a lot of health issues and pain if i'm not pretty strict about what I eat and it's just not worth how bad I feel. That being said I have impulse control issues and when I slip slip and eat 5 pieces of pizza and a cookie :(
    Exercise wise I just lost my job where I was on my feet moving at least 8 hours a day so i'm pretty concerned. Im trying hard to take the opportunity in between jobs to go to the gym everyday while u have the time.
    Starting weight: 210lbs
    Current weight: 178lbs
    Goal weight:135lbs
  • lawmomathome
    lawmomathome Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I am interested too. I know Thiswillbethelasttime wrote that you would keep the group here but I could really use this. I am Jennifer, 54 years old, mother of two teenagers (who I home school so we are together all day every day) and a husband who can all eat anything. I have a huge family history of heart disease and diabetes and cancer so I have every reason in the world to take care of myself but never seem to find the time. I need a cheering squad to help keep me on track and would love to do the same for all of you. I have been working on this seriously for about a month but have been on and off since January, unsuccessfully doing all the things that used to work before I hit 50. Since January, I have lost 4 lbs - 3 of them in the past month. I have 20 lbs to go to get to ultimate goal weight. I am certain I will have to fight tooth and nail for every one of them. My mini goals are log BEFORE I eat, lower the amount of fat in my diet (it is way too high every week) and stick to my walks.
  • ThisWillBeTheLastTime
    Options
    I think I’ve sent everyone that has posted here a friend invitation. Sorry if I missed you-please send me one. I think it’ll be good to see what we all accomplish come up on our news feed when we log in so we can cheer each other on. Also, my food journal is viewable by friends. I think that’ll help me meet my mini goals-when I think other people can see it it helps. My starting stats as of today are:

SW:194
    CW:194
    GW: 160
    Height: 5’11”

I essentially have a desk job so exercise is super important to me. I’m really am excited to support each other and share and celebrate our triumphs and struggles here, in a DM, or on a MFP friend’s wall. 🙋🏻‍♀️
  • ap_angelwings
    ap_angelwings Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in joining. I'm 33 trying to loose 50 lbs total. My start weight was 195, I'm down to 182. This has been a life changing experience.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm game to join in! I'm Kathy and I'm 47. I started MFP years ago at 222 and lost and maintained for years, then got serious in January to lose the rest and am down 31 pounds, to 136. I use my recumbent bike every day at home. I started weight training Monday and meet with a trainer in a couple hours to learn a few machines and start free weights. I'm a little nervous, but excited to start! I bought a few books on weight training but am lost when reading about the exercises, so today should help. I'm working on getting enough protein and eating mostly fruit and vegetables, but still squeeze in coffee cream and light ice cream.

I'll be out of town for the weekend but will try to check in. I'm going to a Spartan race but am not competing, I'm not strong enough! I'll be babysitting my nephews while the adults compete. Tomorrow is beach day, I haven't been to the beach in years.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • YoureAWalnut
    YoureAWalnut Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! I'm 27, around 185 lbs currently (5'10) and want to lose 20-25 lbs to get down to around 160 lbs.
  • sylviamae53
    sylviamae53 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to join. I have been on here for several years but start and stop and don't log like I should. I need to lose at least 70 lbs but would like to lose more. When I have lost a lot of weight in the past I gain it all back plus more. Now how stupid is that? Nice to meet you ladies!
  • msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome
  • Lunaripyros
    Lunaripyros Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    OK looks like a good group of people.

My stats:
    start weight: 230lbs
    current weight: 230lbs
    goal weight: 155lbs

height: 5'7"

For the first week or two I just want to log everything and get a good picture of where I am at. From there I will make mini goals, but first one is simply to log everything.

Tomorrow will not be logged though, bad timing to start but I am going to my best friends bachlorette party and there will be bad food and drinking. So Saturday will not really count for me. But I logged everything yesterday (YIKES!! I have work to do)) and have gotten a good start today. Hope every one is having a great Friday!