I Haven't Eaten Anything Today

Options
2»

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    If you want to avoid it in the future, consider keeping some protein bars around. They work in a pinch. I'll grab one if I have to leave for the airport before 5 am. I also have some similar items at my office -- I moved my office recently and when I was cleaning out my desk I had all these bars I'd bought to try and forgotten about -- guess they didn't really appeal.

But I'm someone who doesn't really find skipping breakfast/lunch that big a deal. I'll feel hungry (more if I'm not crazy busy, if I'm crazy busy I tend to forget about it). I've done full day fasts and certainly missed food, especially at dinner time, but I had no physical symptoms at all beyond feeling hungry.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    nooboots wrote: »
    Its not so much bringing the food in, in my job sometimes I dont get the time to nip to the loo. I have sat there before with food in my bag to eat but dont get time to eat it. Some of us have jobs where its just too busy and people want a piece of you all the time.

I manage teams of contractors/freelancers in the Ukraine, India, and US, plus I have coworkers. People want a piece of me all day long, including before and after my regular work hours. I take care of my needs by practicing good boundaries.

My latest boundary is to shut off my work IM notifications during my lunch break (which I make sure to take) - ah, bliss! There is nothing so urgent that can't wait til I get back.

I'd be getting notification on my phone in the middle of the night, but ever since I got a cell I've shut it off when I go to bed, and charge it in a room other than my bedroom.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I work in a high-stress, face paced field and I've never heard of anyone not having time to eat at least a granola bar or an apple over the course of a day. Totally makes no sense. You have to prioritize, plain and simple. You can chew while typing out an email, can't you??

I do not work in a high stress, fast paced job. The opposite, I'm usually bored. If I did work in a fast paced job, I'd be prepared. I don't so I was unprepared.

I surely had time to eat an apple, but where do you suggest I get an apple from if I don't have one, and also lack a time machine with which to forewarn myself to have one?

Anyways I ended up eating very little yesterday for various reasons so tonight I'm going to spoil myself. Sushi maybe.
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I can be sent somewhere miles and miles away, sent to court urgently, which can then last the rest of the day, sent to pick up children urgently, meetings overun and then run into each other, then I have to get out to the next visit or appointment and so on and so on. Lucky the people that can just choose to turn things off or have time in front of an email.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I work in a high-stress, face paced field and I've never heard of anyone not having time to eat at least a granola bar or an apple over the course of a day. Totally makes no sense. You have to prioritize, plain and simple. You can chew while typing out an email, can't you??

I do not work in a high stress, fast paced job. The opposite, I'm usually bored. If I did work in a fast paced job, I'd be prepared. I don't so I was unprepared.

I surely had time to eat an apple, but where do you suggest I get an apple from if I don't have one, and also lack a time machine with which to forewarn myself to have one?

Anyways I ended up eating very little yesterday for various reasons so tonight I'm going to spoil myself. Sushi maybe.

I'm with the others who suggested having a protein bar or whatever you want to eat stash. Is there a reason you can't carry around something portable just in case you have another day like yesterday? Your body's reaction to not eating for so long is NOT a good thing.

And your time machine is what happened yesterday. :p Shove a couple items of shelf stable food in your drawer or purse and car for the future.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options

Right. Because if you did have a time machine you could go back and change your original post since in it you said you HAD LITERALLY NO TIME TO EAT. LOL.
    Whatever. Enjoy your sushi :)
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    When I have caffeine and don't eat, it makes me even more shaky. Just a thought, since you had coffee but no food.
  • sheloves89
    sheloves89 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You will be fine. Nobody out their health at risk from not eating for one day.

I've nearly blacked out behind the wheel after a 12 hour shift without food. Was working emergency, didn't have time to eat even if I had remembered that I needed to - and I'm healthy, have no issues with blood sugar, normally. It can definitely happen.

Have always kept food in my locker since then, that was too scary!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

Right. Because if you did have a time machine you could go back and change your original post since in it you said you HAD LITERALLY NO TIME TO EAT. LOL.
    Whatever. Enjoy your sushi :)

Yes. I had no time to go get food. Therefore no time to eat.

Words are magical.