if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Options

Replies

• Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later, this should get good:-)
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    I am hugely argumentative when I see myself as being right (almost all the time of course cause i am human) so I love to be told other peoples opinions. If we all agreed all the time there would be nothing worth arguing over. On the other hand it becomes very close to trolling when people are not giving constructive criticism, or really even stating an opinion about the subject, but instead throwing blows at the posters character. I would think on a forum like this, when probably the majority of the posters have been judged, and or made fun of, that most of us might have tiny bit more sympathy. But nah I guess it is easier to throw insults like a jr high bully... easier, and so entertaining for THEIR souls.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    If you (you being a generalized statement) post something on the internet and there is a chance that someone will respond in a way that won't make you happy....then guess what....either toughen up and actually read and try to see a different point of view. Or you can always get butt hurt and blame the "mean people" for not sugar coating it.

You are posting on a forum of mostly STRANGERS - what do you expect??
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Also, if something has been asked a gazillion and 10 times and can be searched or is just downright ridiculous, chances are pretty likely that the SUBJECT MATTER will get more spoofs than real responses. It happens. People that spoof those threads are not calling out the OP (for themost part) and are entertaining themselves. It happens.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    So many more rude ppl are making there ways onto the message board.
    You have MAYBE half of the picture, so what gives you the right to be so freaking rude?

kthx

Jeez... not YOU again... :grumble:

you sure do complain a lot... how about this for a thought

try not using the forums for your personal therapy/venting board

it's the interwebs, people are mean, sarcastic, and misinformed

want an answer to a specific question???? try google

just sayin
    As soon as I saw the topic, I just knew it was this little girl. She keeps using her depression as a crutch like she is the only one suffering from it. How about this topic sweetie...If you have depression, go talk to your psychiatrist to make sure your meds are dosed correctly. Now that can be taken as being mean-spirited, but I mean it in the nicest way possible. And this is the WWW. Stop trying to legislate morality on here.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    If you have nothing more to say than whining about people being mean to you, don't say anything at all.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think half the problem is that when people just spout off random stuff without thinking through their question/statement before posting it. So people with a sarcastic sense of humor pick up on the faults in it and just have fun with it. I think sarcasm is often mistaken for rudeness. People shouldn't be so trigger happy with the keyboard and think before they post ridiculous things.
  • EuroDriver
    EuroDriver Posts: 254
    Options
    okay guys.... shes gone... shes not answering.... we can start being nice to each other again!!
  • EuroDriver
    EuroDriver Posts: 254
    Options
    Why do midgets giggle when they run???

-Because the grass tickles their balls!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Eh. I disagree. Some people think expressing different opinions from theirs is the same as being "rude" and is "not saying anything nice". I say communicate how you want to communicate, as long as it's functional and effective and/or thought provoking.

But that's just me.

If I only ever heard from people who agree with me and kiss my butt and are scared to tell me the truth, even if it's harsh, I'd probably puke.

what she said...it seems anytime you disaggree with someone around here they start crying rude and bully.I personally think people need to toughen up
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I'd like to formally start the Crusade for Reasonableness.

Please support the CFR, helping all keep perspective, remembering what's important, being patient, and being willing to give people the benefit of the doubt (maybe that guy isn't being mean to me, but just disagrees or thinks differently).

Also, don't let the Internet hurt your feelings: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/kennethmgreen/view/the-internet-hurt-my-feelings-138631

You're better than that.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    There is a very high chance that most of the people in the forums here have some sort range of depression. Probably a great reason that many of us are on here. People on here have led tough lives too. You are not unique. If you can't take feedback that others are giving you, or don't want to run into someone you might consider rude, you should probably just stay nice and cuddled up in your nice cozy bed in your nice cozy house. Reality is, you will disagree with people, you will come across people that are just plain rude, and you will come in contact with sarcastic and brutaliy honest people. You will find them anywhere. No one here will make you happy or make you feel good. That is something you have to do for yourself. If the comments here are going to cause so much drama in your life, then don't do it. It isn't worth it for you.
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    So many more rude ppl are making there ways onto the message board.
    You have MAYBE half of the picture, so what gives you the right to be so freaking rude?

kthx

Jeez... not YOU again... :grumble:

you sure do complain a lot... how about this for a thought

try not using the forums for your personal therapy/venting board

it's the interwebs, people are mean, sarcastic, and misinformed

want an answer to a specific question???? try google

just sayin

I love you!
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Enough with the whining, already. If you're on a public forum/website/blog you're opening yourself up to the big bad world. That's just the reality. I, for one, would be seriously bored out of my mind if every person I came across agreed with everything I thought, felt, or believed. If a person can't handle the comments(positive or negative) from other people, then said person shouldn't post for the world to see. Simple as.

I'm frostiegurl and I approve this message.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    Wah! Wah! Wah! Ya bunch of crybabies!!! Grow a pair already!

You can pm the hate mail if ya want. I'm cool with that.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Wah! Wah! Wah! Ya bunch of crybabies!!! Grow a pair already!

You can pm the hate mail if ya want. I'm cool with that.

ah hahaha, I don't hate anyone. I just like being entertained. :laugh: :tongue:
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    smiley-face-popcorn.gif
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    I'd like to formally start the Crusade for Reasonableness.

Please support the CFR, helping all keep perspective, remembering what's important, being patient, and being willing to give people the benefit of the doubt (maybe that guy isn't being mean to me, but just disagrees or thinks differently).

Also, don't let the Internet hurt your feelings: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/kennethmgreen/view/the-internet-hurt-my-feelings-138631

You're better than that.

This ^^ haha.

Oh and ellie I could have sworn a while ago you posted a topic that wasn't very nice and so many people went against you on it that you actually edited your own post and took the whole paragraph out completely..............or maybe I am just crazy...........no I'm not crazy it was you, you just had up a different profile pic.
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    :sad: everybodys being mean to me
  • Sobe1970
    Sobe1970 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just because you can say something doesn't mean you should. In my experience, people say things under the guise of honesty, when in reality their intentions are just plain hurtful or malicious. Many people cannot grasp the intended tone or inflection of the written word, which makes public forums like this a free-for-all of mis-interpretation.
This discussion has been closed.