Fit For Future Families - August 2011

Options

Replies

• kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Pam~ Best Wishes! It sounds like things are going as planned. I’m SO EXCITED for you! Fingers Crossed

Marissa~ Welcome!

Amanda~ *Fingers crossed for you! I didn’t get a peak on my monitor either, but my temps show Oing this month. Are you temping? And I loved your fur-baby story! LOL that is too funny that Rezzer tattled like that. My fur-baby is the love of my life! Shelby (Rottie/lab)

Luki~ Great goals. Keep up the good work and very nice savings! Down 1 lb!! Way to go!

Destiny~ Sorry I can’t help much. I really don’t pay much attention to cm. Maybe research on Fertility Friend a bit.

Julia~ 3 babies in ONE day!? Ugh… Good luck trying soon!

Stephanie (sdavis)- that is super cute what your friend said. I can’t wait to have a baby, but I can wait to have a school kid and teenager…LOL

Klmh614~ YAY! 6 months and on your own!! Congrats. Great job on the loss and getting on track! Something that I fell in love with is ZUMBA! You have to try it! I know there are a few ladies here that enjoy it as well. And don’t worry if you are not very coordinated! After doing it a few times, you will start to get the hang of the moves and you will enjoy it more and more!

Beth~ Sorry for the hubs troubles. Men have a way of making the simplest thing into a dramatic situation! UGH! He may just be a bit nervous and need some time. He’ll come around. But in the meantime, keep up the good work on making a healthier lifestyle!

Nancy~ Glad to hear you are healing well. What a joy for your friend!

Dawn~ Great goals! Best of luck with the change in meds.

Karen~ You can do it! One Step at a Time. First start logging again, then start walking, then shop with all that saved money! Great quote, and I really hope the sleeping in mind trick works for you. I know I start to feel much better when I get moving. J Hugs! I’m sending prayers your way to find that much needed peace.

Msmitch~ Best of luck and welcome to the group!

Tara~ I think is a good idea to get him tested. My doc told us that 40% infertility is male related. I had to pull mine by his ear kicking and screaming like a child (not really, but pretty close), I think there was a bit of an ego issue. But I am glad we did it right away instead of waiting till later. It doesn’t hurt to get checked and cover all the bases. He’ll just have to go to the clinic and give them a sample of his swimmers. Sometime the clinics will let you produce the sample at home and bring it to them. My hub’s results were sent directly to my dr. A lot more quick and painless than some of the thing we have to go through!

Alisa~ I hope your experience with clomid is a positive one. I honestly haven’t had many side effects on it (2 months). The only thing I realized this month was an increased appetite. It’s been kinda hard to shake even here at the tail end of my cycle, but it’s a trade I will take being that my temps show that I actually Oed (for the first time in the whole TTC efforts) and my temps are still up.:smile: Yay for the hubs being home, but sorry you have a surgery to thank. I hope all goes well. 5 Days till HI!!!! How are the preparations going?

Jalara~ I’m SO glad you had a great time (other than the food issue, of course) and made it back safe (and upgraded). Sounds like you got to see a lot of great things. And as for JCPenny, that’s one of my FAVORITE stores! :happy:

Kimberly~ Sorry to hear about your blah week and the loss. Hope the weekend has more positivity coming your way and you feel better! :flowerforyou:
  • kcurtis05
    Options
    AFM: Hubs and I just returned from Niagara, which was beautiful! It was a long car ride (5 hours), but we had a great time with absolutely perfect weather! Got some great pictures, ate a lot of food, then headed home. We did plan on going over to the NY side, but were too tired and there was bad storms predicted so we just left instead of sightseeing for an extra half-day.
    Still crossing my fingers we did it this month, but who knows. Timing and temps are looking good so far, but we all know that it just isn’t that easy all the time. I’m on CD 27/ 11DPO. Here’s to hoping!:drinker: FF is telling me that they don’t suggest me testing till next Friday, we’ll see if I can wait that long if AF doesn’t show by then. :laugh:
    Our renter still hasn’t paid so the eviction process continues and DH is getting pretty impatient. We are just hoping we can do all of the necessary steps without having to get a lawyer, and still get our money out of our tenant. This whole experience has been full of challenges and I only have my wonderful husband to thank for the increasing headaches! Ugh, men!
    Well that's about all for me! TTFN
    *Hugs and baby dust to all!*
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    No period yet! Fingers crossed!!! It is scheduled to arrive today. I am feeling stressed though so it might be late. I just ate a McDonalds, why?!?! I never eat take out. Oh well, heres hoping.A lil hope never hurt anyone.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Guys - I'm only gong back one page here......I don't have the energy right now to do more:

Karen *hugs* I feel your pain.....And I'm the same....I have always just asked for the strength to get through whatever happens....

Alisia that's a long time for him to be home - YAY!!!!

Kimberley -sound like a crummy day. How are you feeling now?

Jalara - glad the trip was good!!!!!!!! Looking forward to hearing about the concert :)

Kim - good thing you left early - we had tornado sightings left right and centre here in Ontario and they all left here going through Niagara to Buffalo.....The storm that hit our house (we're about 2 hours from Niagara) was crazy lightning and thunder and lasted a long time (not sure how long because I fell asleep, but it started at about 7:30 and I was asleep after midnight)

AFM - another rotten day. This time not so much with the dad, now the sister. I have realized that if something isn't about her, she'll either make it about her or not care.....so much for support.....specifically this week she thinks I've been talking about the fertility too much....or how are the plans going for her birthday party (our renewal falls on her birthday, but I asked if she was okay with that) and why isn't it going to be an open bar? And DH's birthday is this Sunday - did we want to meet up for drinks at her local bar.....whoops can't because he's already made plans.....that's okay, i didn't want to celebrate your birthday anyways (but you would have bought me things to drink).....Seriously. I'm so mad and DH is just upset that I'm upset so he's no good to vent to.....*sigh* and I can't even get the aggression out at aqua fit tongiht - our pool is closed and they don't offer it at any of the other local pools (in the next town over).....Hoping this rant helps the emotions....LOL stupid emotions....waiting for my best friend to come back from holidays so I can rant to her too.....By the way - today is 4 months to Christmas!!! LOL

Taldie - Good luck!!!!
  • kcurtis05
    Options
    No period yet! Fingers crossed!!! It is scheduled to arrive today. I am feeling stressed though so it might be late. I just ate a McDonalds, why?!?! I never eat take out. Oh well, heres hoping.A lil hope never hurt anyone.

:drinker: Here's to hoping with you!!!
  • tashabradley
    tashabradley Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tasha. I'd like to take part in the weekly weigh in and get to know other people in the same situation. I'm 254 pounds and would love to lose weight so we can start a family.
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Holy Crap! I got a positive test today!!!!!!!!

I knew something was different, things were tasting funny ahhhh Im so excited!!!! Hopefully this sticks
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options

I knew something was different, things were tasting funny ahhhh Im so excited!!!! Hopefully this sticks
    Awesome!!! I was thinking about you this morning, and checked earlier to see but you hadn't posted yet. Very exciting! Definitely hope it sticks!

I remember before I got my BFP last time around, I could just sort of tell...I remember eating Mexican food, and normally I don't really care for refried beans, but they tasted so good! I told my husband, "maybe I'm pregnant!" And sure enough, a few days later, I got a positive test. Anyway, congrats!
  • KHaverstick
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tasha. I'd like to take part in the weekly weigh in and get to know other people in the same situation. I'm 254 pounds and would love to lose weight so we can start a family.
    Welcome!! Best of luck to you on your goals!
  • meggamix
    meggamix Posts: 496 Member
    Options

CONGRATS!! I hope it works out!
  • meggamix
    meggamix Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    AFM -Sorry I've been a little MIA. I've just been feeling a little...blah. You know? Didn't have much motivation to do much of ANYTHING. Though I was reading up on your posts. I'm on day 53 and only had some SUPER light spotting the past couple days. What the crap is going on?

Glad to hear everyone's happy news though!
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    OMG - Taldie!! Congrats on the BFP!!! sticky sticky vibes!!!
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    OMG - Taldie!! Congrats on the BFP!!! sticky sticky vibes!!!
  • RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! I would be honored if you were to include me in this group. Hubby and I have been TTC for 10 years, we are both in our late 30s. I have PCOS and was told by my doctor that I need to lose at least 100 pounds in order to get pregnant. I constantly feel overwhelmed at such a large number, coupled with the fact that I'm soon to be 37. I feel a lot of pressure and a lot of times I just want to give up. I have lost 37 pounds so far, but I battle constantly with food and sometimes gain about 5 or 6 pounds. i would really appreciate the support of people who know what it's like to want something so badly and have your own body be the one thing keeping you from it!

Thanks!!
  • kcurtis05
    Options

YAY!!!! Sticky..Sticky..Sticky:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • kcurtis05
    Options
    Happy Friday lovely ladies!!

Pam~ Wow I hope you and your friends are all right with all that crazy weather! Yeah I'm glad we decided to leave when we did. We would've been right in the middle of all of it. Things happen for a reason! Sorry about your sister troubles. I have 2 older sisters and believe me we have our arguments/irritations too, but everything seems to work out in the end. Best wishes and we are always here for your venting pleasure so vent away! Oh, and thanks for that lovely reminder about Christmas....I really need to start saving and buying now. Presents for 6 nieces and nephews start to add up at the end of the year. Thanks!

Tasha and RhoyalT~ Welcome to the group!

Megan~ Sorry, I haven't been around for a bit, have you been to the doc? And no worries, we will be here for you no matter how long it is between your visits :flowerforyou:

AFM: I can only hope I will have the same news as Tara! AF is due Sunday and I hope to not see her ugly face for 9 months or so! LOL I've been good and not tested yet, but FF would like me to wait till next Friday. Do you think that is necessary? That would be 18DPO...
    :tongue:
  • KHaverstick
    Options
    FF would like me to wait till next Friday. Do you think that is necessary? That would be 18DPO...
    :tongue:
    No way! I could never wait that long. LOL. I'd probably be POAS at least by Sunday! Good luck to you! :)
  • KHaverstick
    Options
    Hi, all! I would be honored if you were to include me in this group. Hubby and I have been TTC for 10 years, we are both in our late 30s. I have PCOS and was told by my doctor that I need to lose at least 100 pounds in order to get pregnant. I constantly feel overwhelmed at such a large number, coupled with the fact that I'm soon to be 37. I feel a lot of pressure and a lot of times I just want to give up. I have lost 37 pounds so far, but I battle constantly with food and sometimes gain about 5 or 6 pounds. i would really appreciate the support of people who know what it's like to want something so badly and have your own body be the one thing keeping you from it!

Thanks!!

Welcome! And you've definitely come to the right place! Best of luck to you on your weight loss and TTC.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options

Congrats girl that's awesome!!
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Taldie- Congratulations!!!! Sticky vibes for you!
    I'll post more later, saw taldie's awesome news and need to post :0)