June 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    @zeesparrow: Thanks! I feel much better knowing I have a plan in place. I'm not exactly a control-freak, but it does help my anxiety if I feel prepared.

@mbaker566: I'm not glad that a race like that has to exist or had such a big turnout, but I am glad that people are able to come together to support each other through unbelievable loss. *hugs*
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Got a pity bib into the Marine core marathon.
    Today is a great day guys.

First full, here I come.

I'm registered for the MCM too! Also hopefully my first full! What training plan will you be using?
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    But here are some tips:
    1. Definitely empty your bladder right before you run.
    2. Plan routes with potty stops.
    3. Wear a pad. No one can tell, and it will help you feel a little more secure.
    3. Choose clothing with colors/patterns/styles that won't show as much if you do have an accident. (So... don't wear those grey tights to a 5k if you've been coughing all week.)
    4. There may be medical solutions your doctor can help you with, too. Don't be afraid to ask. It seems to be a common problem, and not just for women who have given birth.

@polskagirl01 - Great tips! Word of warning though... it gets worse as you get older.

I have found this issue can be corrected to weight as well.
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options

First full, here I come.

I'm registered for the MCM too! Also hopefully my first full! What training plan will you be using?

I'm training with a running club in my area. Whatever they tell me, I'll do. I've never used a real plan before for any of my halfs..you?
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options

First full, here I come.

I'm training with a running club in my area. Whatever they tell me, I'll do. I've never used a real plan before for any of my halfs..you?

Nice!

I'm keeping it simple - going with the Hal Higdon Novice 1 plan. I'm also doing the Wine & Dine Half the following weekend at Disney World and hoping I won't end up regretting that :D