NO MORE LATE NIGHT SNACKING -- JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• Terry111330
    Terry111330 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a little late, but hoping to make the balance of the month with no late night snacking. For me, it is no food after 7:00 pm.

Some of the comments and ideas posted here are great and I definitely plan to use them. I particularly like the thanking my brain for its thoughts, but telling it no and goodbye. I also love placing an item you are aiming to wear in the future where you can see it, as well as the "KITCHEN IS CLOSED" idea. Drinking tea to replace snacking is also a great idea.

Thank you for this challenge and the posts!
  • angelballerina6
    angelballerina6 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Just joined in, and I know I’m late but this is definitely a challenge I need to work on. I’m going to try not eating after 7pm. Which will be extremely difficult for me. I mean, last night I can already say it was LNS:Y 😬

Hopefully now that I have this challenge in mind I’ll be able to focus on it more
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    ME 8
    LNS 4
    Streak 2 !!
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    ME 9
    LNS 4
    Streak 3!!!
  • Hope_bay74
    Hope_bay74 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Me: 6
    LNS: 2
    Streak: 6
  • kellydee19
    kellydee19 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is a good challenge for me. Especially since I did this just last night!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,938 Member
    Options
    Me: 6
    LNS: 3

Streak: 0
  • polatravels
    polatravels Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me: 5*
    LNS: 5
    Streak: 3!

Cups of tea are working wonders.
  • andrea76figueroa
    andrea76figueroa Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I will do this challenge, I just started back on MFP so I am a little late. Starting with June 9th
    Me: 1
    LNS:0
  • kellydee19
    Options
    Yes! A nice cup of tea really helps me feel satisfied after a meal- even when I think it's not going to.
  • lhmiller80
    lhmiller80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    LNS 1
    Me 0 🤦‍♀️
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    I too tend to sabotage myself at night. Start my day with exercise, eat well and track at night; then the voices that I hear talk me into eating. I'm getting a longer stronger to say NO! Kitchen is closed!!

This past week I put the t-shirt I want to fit into this fall for football season on a hanger across my bed. So, when I get ready for bed I have to move it. I then say to myself.... I DO WANT TO wear this!! And that helps more nights than not. I'm trying to figure out what I can put in the kitchen as a"sign" that will signify that I'm done for the night. I have learned that even if I have calories left, eating after dinner does NOT work for me. It is a huge trigger. So having a little larger dinner does the trick, instead.

April-
    ME: 22
    lns: 8

May-
    ME: 22
    lns: 9

Oh I am so thrilled to have a fresh start! :) And I'm eager to have more than 22 days ME!

*mentally I am putting ME in caps to give me the power and "lns" in lowercase to take it's power away. May seem silly, but whatever I can do to give me the strength.

Lights out soon so should make it!! In control!

ME: 7
    lns*: 2
    Streak: 4

My stone goes into my ME jar in the morning. I almost slipped up. I distracted myself in the bathroom by brushing my hair, washing my face, exfoliating, and night cream. Then put my stone in the cup a second time to reiterate that the kitchen was closed. And am here on MFP to.stay on track.

DARN IT!! I totally caved. I was too tired, I should've just gone to bed. No self-talk in me last night. :( Hate when that happens.

ME: 7
    lns: 3

Longest streak: 4
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,954 Member
    Options
    Me 9*
    LNS 1
  • Hope_bay74
    Hope_bay74 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Me: 7
    LNS: 2
    Streak: 7
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,938 Member
    Options

Streak: +1
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,117 Member
    Options
    Me9
    Lns1
  • Terry111330
    Terry111330 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    ME - 1
    LNS - 0
    :)
  • xrsxrs
    xrsxrs Posts: 221 Member
    Options
  • kellydee19
    Options
    Me:1
    LNS:0
    Off to a good start
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Hi, newbie here. :)

LNS has been a real weakness for me. I actually sleep better with food in my belly, although science dictates that I shouldn't.

I recently decided to have my dinner no earlier than 6 pm to help me avoid LNS. So far, it's working. Two days gone, the rest of my life to go. LOL