When its raining out

2»

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    Unless it’s *really* pouring, I stick my phone in a ziplock bag and go for a run. If my schedule is flexible that day, I’ll try to find a time that has the lowest chance of rain. If it’s a bit cool, I’ll wear a light rain jacket; otherwise, I just wear a baseball cap to keep some rain out of my eyes.

Note that this has only gotten me caught in a hailstorm once. That’s the only time I’ve ever sworn out loud, repeatedly, for two miles.

Sleet is another "fun" one. It feels like shards of glass are falling from the sky if you bike through it.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    I'll go for a walk in the rain, it's better than cabin fever. I have several pairs of shoes, because it's no fun putting them on wet. When I get home, a hot shower and dry clothes feel like a luxury.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    When it's raining out, what exercises do you do indoors? anyone?

Unless there's a hurricane, thunderstorm or freezing rain I'll still run outdoors but that's me.....what do you enjoy doing that can be moved indoors? I'm fortunate enough to have enough space for a strength equipment in the garage (a little chilly in minter) and my rowing machine, treadmill & bike trainer in the basement. Depending on your space / budget situation a good alternative to consider (if there's one locally) is something like Planet Fitness. People love to hate PF but it's cheap at $10 a month and they have a good variety of equipment with the exception of barbells.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    If I'm trying to get steps in, I'll go to the local community center or high school indoor track!
  • filovirus76
    filovirus76 Posts: 156 Member
    Depends on how hard it is raining. Some of my best runs are in a light rain. Heavy rain I go to the gym and run on the "dread"mill. I live in Oregon, so a little rain is the norm 7 months of the year.
  • adlenemomant73
    adlenemomant73 Posts: 24 Member
    I have a variety of cardio exercise equipment in the house. #BeingOld.

SOUNDS wonderful!
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Walking is my daily exercise and about the only weather I won't go out in is when there's lightning. "Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet."
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Running or cycling in the rain? No problem.

Just no lightning (obviously) or ice covered roads.

Heck, running in a snow storm is pretty cool too.

I once went for a run in a complete, driving blizzard and my dad asked me: "Running ? In this? Are you crazy?"

I replied: "Yeah... I guess, maybe so; whatever Pops."

It was great.

(the run, not necessarily the conversation.)