ME - 3
    Lns - 0
    Streak - 3

• swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Me: 2
    LNS: 1

Did not go over calorie limit on the one late night snacking day. I took a 30 mile ride that day and was legitimately hungry. I had a small bowl of ice cream. 🍨😁
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Me11
    Lns1
  • xrsxrs
    xrsxrs Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Me: 9
    LNS: 3

Streak: 2
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    ME12
    LNS 5
    Streak of 5 nights broke last night watching Hockey game.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,941 Member
    Options
    LNS: 4

Streak: +2
  • polatravels
    polatravels Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Back on horse/wagon/other object and moving forward!

Me: 7*
    LNS: 6
    Streak: 1
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    ME 4
    LNS 0
  • martacamsan
    martacamsan Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, so, I need some HELP! I've developed a habit of waking up several times in the night and going to the fridge. It's not exactly sleepwalking / sleep-eating, but it is as thought I'm only semi-conscious and all my resolutions mean nothing. And the pounds have really added up, since depending on what I eat I can have up to 600 calories in the middle of the night! I feel like this problem started when 1) I divorced and 2) moved into a house where the kitchen is on the same floor as my bedroom. When I'm sleeping with my partner I don't do it at all, but when I'm by myself I do. Can anyone offer any advice????

Meanwhile, count me in. So far lsn wins pretty much every night that I'm alone, but I'm willing to try this!
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Me: 13*
    LNS: 0
  • polatravels
    Options
    Hi everyone, so, I need some HELP! I've developed a habit of waking up several times in the night and going to the fridge. It's not exactly sleepwalking / sleep-eating, but it is as thought I'm only semi-conscious and all my resolutions mean nothing. And the pounds have really added up, since depending on what I eat I can have up to 600 calories in the middle of the night! I feel like this problem started when 1) I divorced and 2) moved into a house where the kitchen is on the same floor as my bedroom. When I'm sleeping with my partner I don't do it at all, but when I'm by myself I do. Can anyone offer any advice????

Meanwhile, count me in. So far lsn wins pretty much every night that I'm alone, but I'm willing to try this!

This is a very interesting conundrum! Are you semi-conscious or conscious? If only semi, or you ever have no memory, or you feel like you can't control your movements, def get yourself checked by a heath care provider to make sure there's no underlying issues (hormonal, neurological, psychological, sleep disorder etc).

Otherwise, if it's habit or emotional, I would recommend having a chat to a psych or counsellor to help identify why you do it and get some tools to help you stop.

Also, you could put a timer lock on the fridge? You won't be able to open the fridge door during the night, but you could set it to open at the time you usually wake up. Just an idea! :)
  • Terry111330
    Terry111330 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    ME - 4
    Lns - 0
    Streak - 4
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Me 11
    Lns2
  • martacamsan
    Options
    OMG I did it! THIS SITE held me accountable and I managed to resist eating in the night because I knew I'd have to report it! Yippee!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!

Me: 1*
    LNS: 0
  • martacamsan
    edited June 2019
    Options

This is a very interesting conundrum! Are you semi-conscious or conscious? If only semi, or you ever have no memory, or you feel like you can't control your movements, def get yourself checked by a heath care provider to make sure there's no underlying issues (hormonal, neurological, psychological, sleep disorder etc).

Otherwise, if it's habit or emotional, I would recommend having a chat to a psych or counsellor to help identify why you do it and get some tools to help you stop.

Also, you could put a timer lock on the fridge? You won't be able to open the fridge door during the night, but you could set it to open at the time you usually wake up. Just an idea! :)

I would say I'm "semi" conscious because brain generally doesn't seem to be fully in control, but I'm definitely awake. Memory: yeah, more-or-less, sometimes more vague than others. When I was taking Ambien the memory was tenuous at best and I'd have to count the wrappers around my bed to figure out what I ate...but I haven't been taking Ambien lately. Timer lock is a great idea (a little complicated since I have kids and they might want to snack at night too, but ok, they can deal.). I also can grab stuff (like snack bars or nuts) from cupboards though!
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,959 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @martacamsan I feel your pain. I did the same as you describe for years. Sometimes I wouldn't know I even got up and ate in the middle of the night until I saw the evidence on the kitchen counter in the morning. Sometimes I was awake enough to know what I was doing but I couldn't seem to stop myself. What I ate at night was not impacted by what I ate or didn't eat during the day. There were a couple of things that helped me. I craved carbs at night. I don't believe I ever stumbled to the kitchen and ate celery. I didn't keep any snacks that I knew I would eat in the night, but other people in the house didn't have my problem so I couldn't do away with things such as bread and crackers. What helped me more than anything was I locked my food cabinets at night with a bicycle chain lock so I couldn't get in them without turning on the light and trying to line up the numbers on the lock to open the cabinets. I didn't usually want what was in the refrigerator so that wasn't a problem for me, although my family still teases me about the night I ate an entire frozen pound cake (before the days of microwaves).

After dealing with this for probably close to 30 years, age around 30-60, one day I just quit doing it. I don't know why it ended, only that it did.

I wish you well and if desperate enough, try chaining the refrigerator closed at night. You can give your kids the code to the lock. That's what I did.
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,959 Member
    Options
    Me: 11
    LNS: 2*

Well, it wasn't really snacking, but I'll call it that. Had a fasting lab draw in the a.m. so I got off my meal routine. I missed breakfast, ate lunch early and then ate dinner early. My stomach was growling so badly by 8 p.m. I knew I would never make it through the night and thinking about people who were starving around the world and don't have access to food didn't distract me like it sometimes does. I overate my calories so I'll call it a LNS.
  • polatravels
    Options
    Me: 8*
    LNS: 6
    Streak: 2
  • xrsxrs
    xrsxrs Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    LNS: 4

Streak: