• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    I too tend to sabotage myself at night. Start my day with exercise, eat well and track at night; then the voices that I hear talk me into eating. I'm getting a longer stronger to say NO! Kitchen is closed!!

This past week I put the t-shirt I want to fit into this fall for football season on a hanger across my bed. So, when I get ready for bed I have to move it. I then say to myself.... I DO WANT TO wear this!! And that helps more nights than not. I'm trying to figure out what I can put in the kitchen as a"sign" that will signify that I'm done for the night. I have learned that even if I have calories left, eating after dinner does NOT work for me. It is a huge trigger. So having a little larger dinner does the trick, instead.

April-
    ME: 22
    lns: 8

May-
    lns: 9

Oh I am so thrilled to have a fresh start! :) And I'm eager to have more than 22 days ME!

*mentally I am putting ME in caps to give me the power and "lns" in lowercase to take it's power away. May seem silly, but whatever I can do to give me the strength.

Lights out soon so should make it!! In control!

ME: 7
    lns*: 2
    Streak: 4

My stone goes into my ME jar in the morning. I almost slipped up. I distracted myself in the bathroom by brushing my hair, washing my face, exfoliating, and night cream. Then put my stone in the cup a second time to reiterate that the kitchen was closed. And am here on MFP to.stay on track.

DARN IT!! I totally caved. I was too tired, I should've just gone to bed. No self-talk in me last night. :( Hate when that happens.

lns: 3

Longest streak: 4

lns: 4

Birthday party for mom last night, home late. Off schedule. :( Time to get refocused and serious. The good news is....1) my binges are slowly getting smaller and 2) it's a little easier for me to get back on track versus just throwing in the towel. Phew!! Truly trying to make a lifestyle change.

lns: 5

Th. 13th
    lns: 6

Fri. 14th
    ME: 8

It's been a long week. I will not let "lns" triumph over ME!!

• Terry111330
    Terry111330 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    ME - 5
    Lns - 0
    Streak - 5

So far, so good, but last night was hard.

Was low on calories yesterday and was pretty hungry when I went to bed. I had herbal tea and water and reminded myself how good breakfast was going to taste the next day, and how good it would feel to add another day to my streak :)
  • xrsxrs
    xrsxrs Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Me: 10
    LNS: 4

Streak: 1
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    ME 6
    LNS 0

Streak 6
  • polatravels
    polatravels Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me: 9*
    LNS: 6
    Streak: 3
  • johicks
    Options
    I too tend to sabotage myself at night. Start my day with exercise, eat well and track at night; then the voices that I hear talk me into eating. I'm getting a longer stronger to say NO! Kitchen is closed!!

This past week I put the t-shirt I want to fit into this fall for football season on a hanger across my bed. So, when I get ready for bed I have to move it. I then say to myself.... I DO WANT TO wear this!! And that helps more nights than not. I'm trying to figure out what I can put in the kitchen as a"sign" that will signify that I'm done for the night. I have learned that even if I have calories left, eating after dinner does NOT work for me. It is a huge trigger. So having a little larger dinner does the trick, instead.

April-
    lns: 8

May-
    lns: 9

Oh I am so thrilled to have a fresh start! :) And I'm eager to have more than 22 days ME!

*mentally I am putting ME in caps to give me the power and "lns" in lowercase to take it's power away. May seem silly, but whatever I can do to give me the strength.

Lights out soon so should make it!! In control!

lns*: 2
    Streak: 4

My stone goes into my ME jar in the morning. I almost slipped up. I distracted myself in the bathroom by brushing my hair, washing my face, exfoliating, and night cream. Then put my stone in the cup a second time to reiterate that the kitchen was closed. And am here on MFP to.stay on track.

DARN IT!! I totally caved. I was too tired, I should've just gone to bed. No self-talk in me last night. :( Hate when that happens.

lns: 3

Longest streak: 4

lns: 4

Birthday party for mom last night, home late. Off schedule. :( Time to get refocused and serious. The good news is....1) my binges are slowly getting smaller and 2) it's a little easier for me to get back on track versus just throwing in the towel. Phew!! Truly trying to make a lifestyle change.

lns: 5

Th. 13th

Fri. 14th
    ME: 8

It's been a long week. I will not let "lns" triumph over ME!!

ME: 9
    Streak 2.
  • Terry111330
    Terry111330 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    ME - 6
    Lns - 0
    Streak - 6

Another hard night. It's funny how your brain can come up with so many reasons why it would be okay to have a little snack - just this one time. But in reality I know for me, that little snack would lead to a big snack.

Talked myself out of it using ideas from other posts and did not break the streak!
  • johicks
    Options
    ME - 6
    Lns - 0
    Streak - 6

Another hard night. It's funny how your brain can come up with so many reasons why it would be okay to have a little snack - just this one time. But in reality I know for me, that little snack would lead to a big snack.

Talked myself out of it using ideas from other posts and did not break the streak!

Awesome! Yes it is bizarre. We truly can talk ourselves in to it, or out if it. Good job!!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    ME - 6
    Lns - 0
    Streak - 6

Good job! The easiest way I've found to win the war with LNS . When a desire occurs, I open up my food diary to see if I have any calories available. No? No snack.
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,934 Member
    Options
    Me 12
    LNS 3*
    Had a cookout yesterday and I seem to have turned it into a food holiday long after the meal was over.
  • xrsxrs
    xrsxrs Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Me: 11
    LNS: 4

Streak: 2
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Monthly totals
    ME 15
    LNS 5 (total)
    Streak 3
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Tolamarie wrote: »
    Me: 11
    LNS: 2*

Well, it wasn't really snacking, but I'll call it that. Had a fasting lab draw in the a.m. so I got off my meal routine. I missed breakfast, ate lunch early and then ate dinner early. My stomach was growling so badly by 8 p.m. I knew I would never make it through the night and thinking about people who were starving around the world and don't have access to food didn't distract me like it sometimes does. I overate my calories so I'll call it a LNS.

When I have been in the same posiiton as you were this day, I don’t consider eating later in the day LNS. Our bodies need fuel. Especially in this case your body didn’t get it’s normal daily fill up so late afternoon to evening it will be hungry. Unfortunately, sometimes we do overeat then vs what our day would be normally.
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,109 Member
    Options
    Me13
    Lns2
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Me: 16*
    LNS: 0
  • johicks
    Options
    lbsansouci wrote: »
    ME - 6
    Lns - 0
    Streak - 6

Good job! The easiest way I've found to win the war with LNS . When a desire occurs, I open up my food diary to see if I have any calories available. No? No snack.

Sometimes that's dangerous for me. If I have calories left and walk back into the kitchen..... Yikes! But, not always.