Women 200lb+, Let's Step It Up In June!!!

Replies

• ladylyp
    ladylyp Posts: 4 Member
    Hello All,

My goal this month is to lose 2lbs every week-no excuse and to get in some form of exercise at least 3 times a week, even if it includes making myself get up from my desk at work and walking around the building a few times.
  • bett2u
    bett2u Posts: 6 Member
    Goal this week is not to let my weekend turn into a weak-end.... I always end up eating junk on the weekends.

SW: 227.5
    GW 6/4: 234 CW 236.6
    GW 6/11: 232 CW 230.4
    GW 6/18: 230 CW 231.9
    GW 6/25: 228

I do this exact same thing and need to knock it off. I spend the remainder of the week trying to lose what I gained from Fri-Sun.
  • Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    bett2u wrote: »
    Goal this week is not to let my weekend turn into a weak-end.... I always end up eating junk on the weekends.

I do this exact same thing and need to knock it off. I spend the remainder of the week trying to lose what I gained from Fri-Sun.

Weekends are my problem as well. I can’t quite figure it out. I do so well Mon thru Friday and then Saturday and Sunday I’m not as strict. Any suggestions?
  • natmadc
    natmadc Posts: 116 Member
    bett2u wrote: »

My issue with weekends especially on Sundays, I may stay pretty close to my calorie goals, but I am in bed watching Netflix for the majority of the day. My goal for Sundays is to incorporate an "active rest day" For example do yoga or some other light activity instead of doing absolutely nothing.
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Weekends are the worst. I’m try to get everything caught up from the week. We end up eating too much carry out because I’m so tired!
  • scalebeater
    scalebeater Posts: 65 Member
    Yeah!!! Go ladies!!! 218 here looking for one feel and. Friend me to keep me going!! #boom
  • cmsavells
    I weighed in this morning at 214.6. That puts me down 53.4 pounds since November, but I didn't get serious about this until February. I'm losing weight now at a rate of 1-1.5 pounds per week. I'm fine with that. I'm postmenopausal now so I don't have to worry about monthly bloating anymore. That makes the 1-1.5 pounds weekly seem very realistic.

I've been walking 3 miles in our Waterfront Park while my daughter dances the past two weeks. It's a great walk because the terrain elevation changes a lot, including a quarter mile spiral ramp up to a pedestrian bridge. However, I'm feeling guilty I haven't been in the gym. I shouldn't feel guilty, but I do. I'm being totally ridiculous, I know.

Connie in KY
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    This week seems good so far. Last week with my 15 hour drive, and 12 hour drive respectively + not getting sleep & dealing with southern cuisine ( I was mostly running to avoid, but ultimately gave into a couple of local items)...swung up 6 lbs. Travel clearly does not agree with me, even when I'm trying to be good. However, within 5 days - I'm almost back to where I was now (sleep and pain meds have helped). I was scared for a minute, because I really have been trying. I've been told my plate looks like an appetizer sampler (when everyone is loading up). I am down trending - and I just tried on a couple of tops this morning that were tight last month, and they are not now, soooo somethings happening (maybe just boob loss, lol).
  • cmsavells
    I went back to the gym tonight too. I had been walking at various parks, but it was just too hot and humid to walk outside tonight. I’m feeling good about June! Still losing weight, slowly, but still losing.

Connie in KY
  • Legacy_Dream_Legend
    Legacy_Dream_Legend Posts: 59 Member

GW 6/25: 228 CW 233.9
  • kathskelly53
    kathskelly53 Posts: 119 Member
    Not a happy bunny today, have been really good this week, been walking been to the gym keep to my food plan, even turned down wine and a malt whiskey. All I’v lost is 1/2 a lb. I know I’m a slow loser due to underactive thyroid but it’s so depressing. Still tomorrow is another day start again.
  • caresseg2000
    caresseg2000 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi Ladies!

SW: 364+
    CW: 288.4
    GW: 140

I’ve been seriously focused this past year and am finally seeing some results. I have Multiple Sclerosis which affects my energy levels as well as back muscle spasms so exercise is painful.

I’m now able to exercise at least 3x a week for 30min at a time. I log my intake...good or bad...every day so I can see my patterns and adjust.

Thank you all for posting your goals as I found it inspirational. We can do this!
  • natmadc
    natmadc Posts: 116 Member
    So this month went by pretty quick!!!! Are we continuing this into July??

Anywho, this last week I was not as focused as I have been. So my NEAT suffered....

Sometimes life happens and you have to go with the flow, but I plan to refocus for July....

STATS:

SW: 229
    CW: 205.2
    GW1: 199
    GW2: 186
    GW3: 175
    gw4: 168 (maintain and build muscle)
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    I didnt lose 5 pounds but i lost 4.6 pounds so im pretty happy either way!
  • SW(and highest weight): 239
    LW: 152
    CW: 232.4(start of month)
    GW: 160

I am happy to say that my goal was to get down to 225 by the end of the month, and I achieved that. I am currently at 224.6. I still have a long way to go, but I’m on my way, and I’m proud of the progress I’ve made so far. I also had the exercise goals for 4x a week, 30 minutes a day. I achieved this weather-permitting. I had a bunch of rainy days in June. I’m a biker, and I worked my way up to 11 miles, which I’m proud of, too. I’m excited for the July group to start up, and to set more monthly goals. July will be a hard month though, because I’m traveling.
  • caresseg2000
    caresseg2000 Posts: 7 Member
    SW: 364+
    CW: 284.4
    GW: 140

I’m happy to say that I lost 5.8 lbs in total this month and finally broke thru my plateau. I was stuck in the 290s forever (months). Going up and down. Now I’m back to the downward trend and feel so much better about my progress.
  • Height: 5'2"
    SW: 215
    CW(6/1/19): 212.6
    CW(6/9/19) 207.6
    June GW: 205
    GW 1: 199
    GW 2: 150

So I managed to lose "5lbs" this week! Most of which I believe is water from all the stuff we ate when we were at Disneyland and from all the walking we did. It took me 5 days to get back down to the weight I was before we left, so I think my total actual weight loss this week is 1.6 lbs. Still very good and encouraging. I was battling allergies and was feeling like crud, so I didn't get to work out nearly as much as I wanted too, but now that I've got that under control, I have no reason to get back to it!

Goals for this week:

- Walk on treadmill 5/7 days this week for at least 30 min.
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - Find new stuff to make for lunch. Salads are getting boring.

Well, I didn't make it to 205, but I'm sitting at 207.6 today, so a loss of 5lbs this month! My mont has been up and down, losing the same 3-5lbs over and over again. Lowest I got was 207. On to July! Goal is to get to 204!