New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    aichb672fncp.jpeg

Did anyone even know this was a thing?
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie, I saw the packaging and thought it was like a fried "chicken" snack made of cauliflower rather than frozen chicken tenders, and got excited, lol. Is there anything like that?

Trader Joe's has (or at least has had) kung pao tempura cauliflower. No idea how they taste or whether they still exist, since I'm not a cauliflower fan, but they are vegan.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    aichb672fncp.jpeg

Did anyone even know this was a thing?

Yeah. It's been out for awhile, but I prefer the Post Banana Nilla Wafer cereal.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    qzrguyy8e0nf.jpeg
    bc6rhctdsjfi.jpeg
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    qzrguyy8e0nf.jpeg
    bc6rhctdsjfi.jpeg

Is it like a rice krispie treat? And is the chocolate campfire supposed to be a s'mores flavor? If so, I will have to find a box to try!
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I NEED THESE.
    I’ll stock up on chick fil a sauce and go to town on the bag!
    https://eatcaulipower.com/NoCluckinWay?utm_source=mailchimp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=P10&utm_content=Announce&utm_source=CAULIPOWER&utm_campaign=ff5c46ba54-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_06_17_06_37_COPY_04&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_dfea57e3e6-ff5c46ba54-89033849
    e47cexlfdgk0.png
    “Our latest meal hack reinvents another one of America’s favorite comfort foods to create a game-changing, better-for-you frozen Chicken Tender. The golden, crispy coating is packed with cauliflower and other gluten-free goodness and contains no artificial ingredients. It’s available in Original and Spicy(ish), which includes a lil’ kick.

The only Baked Not Fried Chicken Tenders have the lowest calories & fat of any frozen Chicken Tender or nugget on the market today1. In fact the whole bag is 4 servings and only 480 calories! But we didn’t stop there, our tenders also have zero saturated fat, zero added sugar, 30% fewer net carbs, 22% more protein, and 21% more fiber than the category average1. ”

I feel like there is going to be a lot of confusion among consumers thinking that these are buffalo "chicken" bites... aka faux chicken using cauliflower as a replacement, not as just the coating. Will be interesting to see the reception.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    cdudley628 wrote: »
    qzrguyy8e0nf.jpeg
    bc6rhctdsjfi.jpeg

Is it like a rice krispie treat? And is the chocolate campfire supposed to be a s'mores flavor? If so, I will have to find a box to try!

Have you ever tried the Snap bars?? I feel like these are similar. And yes it is smores!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    arya8 wrote: »
    I just found this bar yesterday. I don't know if it's new or what, but I've never seen it. It is good, although it does have only a slight cotton candy flavor. I loved the texture of it because it has marshmallows inside. I would buy again if it wasn't 5 dollars! 180 calories for one bar.
    c2gxu23q3a76.jpg
    90sgxtc3dpyo.jpg
    t8qeae6giftp.jpg

THANK YOU FOR THE REVIEW!!!! I’ve had the pint version and loved it a little too much... ended up eating the entire thing, so I didn’t trust myself to buy it again, but the bars look really good (normally not even an ice cream bar person) and since they’re proportioned for a decent amount of calories I think I’m going to do it!!! :)
  • apullum
    Options
    qzrguyy8e0nf.jpeg
    bc6rhctdsjfi.jpeg

Gotta admit, when I saw the packaging I thought they were dog treats.

Assuming they're human treats, they look good.
  • apullum
    Options
    I NEED THESE.
    https://eatcaulipower.com/NoCluckinWay?utm_source=mailchimp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=P10&utm_content=Announce&utm_source=CAULIPOWER&utm_campaign=ff5c46ba54-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_06_17_06_37_COPY_04&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_dfea57e3e6-ff5c46ba54-89033849
    e47cexlfdgk0.png
    “Our latest meal hack reinvents another one of America’s favorite comfort foods to create a game-changing, better-for-you frozen Chicken Tender. The golden, crispy coating is packed with cauliflower and other gluten-free goodness and contains no artificial ingredients. It’s available in Original and Spicy(ish), which includes a lil’ kick.

The only Baked Not Fried Chicken Tenders have the lowest calories & fat of any frozen Chicken Tender or nugget on the market today1. In fact the whole bag is 4 servings and only 480 calories! But we didn’t stop there, our tenders also have zero saturated fat, zero added sugar, 30% fewer net carbs, 22% more protein, and 21% more fiber than the category average1. ”

I feel like there is going to be a lot of confusion among consumers thinking that these are buffalo "chicken" bites... aka faux chicken using cauliflower as a replacement, not as just the coating. Will be interesting to see the reception.

I definitely thought they were vegetarian at first glance. I wasn't *that* disappointed, though, since I'm a vegetarian who doesn't like cauliflower. So are they basically just chicken nuggets "breaded" with cauliflower?
  • pancakerunner
    edited June 2019
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    I NEED THESE.
    e47cexlfdgk0.png

I definitely thought they were vegetarian at first glance. I wasn't *that* disappointed, though, since I'm a vegetarian who doesn't like cauliflower. So are they basically just chicken nuggets "breaded" with cauliflower?

Yeah... and honestly they don't have that many fewer carbs than regular chicken nuggets/tenders. To be fair, they do have less fat and more protein though.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Yes loveee those bars! quote="pancakerunner;c-43859797"]
    qzrguyy8e0nf.jpeg
    bc6rhctdsjfi.jpeg

Have you ever tried the Snap bars?? I feel like these are similar. And yes it is smores![/quote]
    I just found this bar yesterday. I don't know if it's new or what, but I've never seen it. It is good, although it does have only a slight cotton candy flavor. I loved the texture of it because it has marshmallows inside. I would buy again if it wasn't 5 dollars! 180 calories for one bar.
    c2gxu23q3a76.jpg
    90sgxtc3dpyo.jpg
    t8qeae6giftp.jpg

THANK YOU FOR THE REVIEW!!!! I’ve had the pint version and loved it a little too much... ended up eating the entire thing, so I didn’t trust myself to buy it again, but the bars look really good (normally not even an ice cream bar person) and since they’re proportioned for a decent amount of calories I think I’m going to do it!!! :)

These look so good. I would of never thought of chocolate and cotton candy but it looks delicious! @hgycta I tried the cinnamon pillows and you are right they are so good! I like them dry vs with milk!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    cfc9mez8o53r.jpeg

Anyone ever try these?
  • tiredmommy17
    tiredmommy17 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie I need this!!

tmstzpve7x31.jpeg
  • hgycta
    Options
    cfc9mez8o53r.jpeg

Anyone ever try these?

I have and they’re good, but not really anything remarkably better than their regular hard shell tacos. As a T Mobile customer I get the free nacho cheese doritos locos taco every Tuesday for free as part of their “T Mobile Tuesday” special, so I’m quite honestly sick of it. That being said, I love the fiery doritos locos taco and got one for free yesterday from the promotion they were running! Weird they had it yesterday for me, and today for just about everyone else!
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    c2gxu23q3a76.jpg
    90sgxtc3dpyo.jpg
    t8qeae6giftp.jpg

Good thing my store didn't have pints! I'm going to try other flavors if they ever go on sale!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    cfc9mez8o53r.jpeg

Anyone ever try these?
    oiqot9q47asj.jpg

Skip the line at taco bell grab these we make them all the time hence the 30pack lol but they come in the 8 pack
  • hgycta
    Options
    535b0ipakcs3.png
    I had a Dairy Queen Dreamsicle Dipped cone today because it was free! It was delicious! I have forgotten that I adore orange creamsicles. It has been years since I had one!

That looks amazing!!!! Is it free with a purchase or just free without any catches??? How many calories are in one o:?