New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    @goatg I have that pepper grinder. I love it! Paid $32 at bed bath and beyond for just the one. But, if it breaks, bring it back and they'll replace or refund. So you kind of got a guarantee. And I assume you bought the two online, $48 with a coupon? The $25 on Amazon is just for one, not the set. In any case, best pepper grinder ever. Wish I had bought the set, but I use mostly kosher salt anyhow. Sometimes pink Himalayan.
  • melissa6771
    Options
    ktekc wrote: »
    found 4 flavors of the optimum nutrition protein cake bites clearanced at walmart for 3 bucks a box...donut,birthday cake, chocolate cherry, and red velvet.

Clearance already? They're kind of new. Sweet. I'm going to check for that. Are they good? I looked at them before but didn't buy.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    4lp1cmpajen3.jpeg
    @goatg I have that pepper grinder. I love it! Paid $32 at bed bath and beyond for just the one. But, if it breaks, bring it back and they'll replace or refund. So you kind of got a guarantee. And I assume you bought the two online, $48 with a coupon? The $25 on Amazon is just for one, not the set. In any case, best pepper grinder ever. Wish I had bought the set, but I use mostly kosher salt anyhow. Sometimes pink Himalayan.

Nope. The my had the two for $60. When I was here I actually checked amazon, and it was listed at $40. I didn’t notice that it was just for 1 (in bed, on my phone). Thanks for pointing that out.:)

I honestly chose to pay there not just for the convenience: more for the overhead in physical location, and labor. There’s an important value to retaining marketplace competition. Trying to find an article on this that I enjoyed reading but couldn’t (& I have to run).

I have a bunch of flavored salts! Love that you mix it up too.:) I’m a bit of a nut with salts, spices, and vinegars. I’m going to post a food pic. It’s sliced Persian cucumber and roasted kabocha (seasoned with salt, pepper, and light nutmeg) with fat free fage, good culture cottage cheese, and sunflower shoots. Then topped off with *porcini* salt and fresh cracked pepper.:)

If you want the set, they also have a nice little acrylic resting dish.

• melissa6771
    Options
    @goatg they didn't have the sets at my store, only the pepper grinder. I didn't even see the set until long after I bought it. I don't think I've ever bought anything at BBB without one of their coupons. I have a stack of them! And I get them in my email all the time. Lol.. I noticed the acrylic tray right away. Very nice.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    @goatg they didn't have the sets at my store, only the pepper grinder. I didn't even see the set until long after I bought it. I don't think I've ever bought anything at BBB without one of their coupons. I have a stack of them! And I get them in my email all the time. Lol.. I noticed the acrylic tray right away. Very nice.

Does the freshly ground salt and pepper taste much different than just using regular pepper and salt?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

Thanks for recommending these. I made an account just to post about they were so good. have been trying to find a vegan protein powder that actually tastes good. I ordered a sample pack protein powder. I loved the strawberry banana and chocolate. I have never seen this brand and it wasn’t available around me. One thing I noticed is that it is made with pumpkin protein, which is very unique. I hope I can find these somewhere cheaper. Where did you find them ?

Glad you liked! I got sample from the company lol. But I have seen them in wegmans and tops if you have those.
  • melissa6771
    Options
    @Noreenmarie1234 I think fresh ground pepper is much better. I haven't used anything but in years now. I buy the peppercorns at Costco.
  • goatg
    Options

Does the freshly ground salt and pepper taste much different than just using regular pepper and salt?

Pre-ground, McCormick & Schmick's *kitten*? Without a doubt.

I also have a mortar and pestle and will mix different black peppers (tellicherry usually preferred) with different colored peppercorns: white, green, pink. They all have different flavors and scents.
  • goatg
    Options

Thank you :)

What you didn't see was the sticker I couldn't remove ;p
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    41jtZ8xVwnL.jpg

I'm gonna say it.

I don't like these. Each one i've tried has had a sickening texture to me, is very tough, and sits in my stomach like a rock. The flavors are okay, but those things kill it for me. I'm gonna stick with my Builder's bars and luna bars.

Has anyone had a better experience with these? they are so trendy now I wonder why I hate them so much. Have i just gotten a bad couple? I bought them at different times.. :neutral: Let me know if you like or hate them too!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Sp1tfire wrote: »
    41jtZ8xVwnL.jpg

I'm gonna say it.

I don't like these. Each one i've tried has had a sickening texture to me, is very tough, and sits in my stomach like a rock. The flavors are okay, but those things kill it for me. I'm gonna stick with my Builder's bars and luna bars.

Has anyone had a better experience with these? they are so trendy now I wonder why I hate them so much. Have i just gotten a bad couple? I bought them at different times.. :neutral: Let me know if you like or hate them too!

I do like them but definitely an acquired taste. I much prefer more “candy like” protein bars like clif builder, one bars, oh yeah, etc. but I do like the blueberry and and the salted chocolate. Only when I am very hungry do they taste good so I guess that means they aren’t that good Lol. I like them A LOT better than larabars (too datey tasting and not filling to me). I actually like the dense chewy texture sometimes. I have to be in the mood for them though.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    found 4 flavors of the optimum nutrition protein cake bites clearanced at walmart for 3 bucks a box...donut,birthday cake, chocolate cherry, and red velvet.

went back today and they were $2 instead of $3..bought another box of each
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Sp1tfire wrote: »
    41jtZ8xVwnL.jpg

I'm gonna say it.

I like a couple flavors--but-- I rarely eat protein bars, and I try to avoid all soy, so that really limits me. I've never eaten a whole bar, just a bite or two to hold me til I can get some real food. Yeah, Larabars are a whole lot better.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    r8sfsq3mfavf.jpeg

Also tried these chocolate bites. Got free sample. You can write company and ask they send or do free first delivery trial and then just cancel once first order is shipped ;). I didn’t feel any energy from them lol. But I am really tolerant to caffeine (I can drink 2 cup of coffee an hour before bed). They tasted like chocolate coffee beans and the actual chocolate wasn’t that good. Like cheap no name chocolate you can buy in bulk bins at the grocery store. Wouldn’t buy.

I speak on behalf of my mother when I say those chocolate Energems have been a staple in my household since before they rebranded to BeOn gems or whatever they are now. My mom only likes the berry flavored, but I like them all. I agree, weird off-taste to them but I like how the texture is similar to those mega oversized m&ms. My mom needs these to stay awake while driving to work because she hates coffee and I can attest if you have enough of them (for me the limit is 3-4) you will feel it! Personally, I’d rather save the calories and get a lightly sweetened coffee. Side note, my mom swears they constipate her. She continues eating them anyways >~> but she spends WAY too much money on them!!!!
    I still have some of the original for comparisons in the old design, but the taste is identical I don’t think the recipe changed...
    qkako2pdos36.jpg
  • melissa6771
    Options

went back today and they were $2 instead of $3..bought another box of each

I forgot to go today. Hopefully I'll remember after the gym tomorrow
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited March 2018
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

I speak on behalf of my mother when I say those chocolate Energems have been a staple in my household since before they rebranded to BeOn gems or whatever they are now. My mom only likes the berry flavored, but I like them all. I agree, weird off-taste to them but I like how the texture is similar to those mega oversized m&ms. My mom needs these to stay awake while driving to work because she hates coffee and I can attest if you have enough of them (for me the limit is 3-4) you will feel it! Personally, I’d rather save the calories and get a lightly sweetened coffee. Side note, my mom swears they constipate her. She continues eating them anyways >~> but she spends WAY too much money on them!!!!
    I still have some of the original for comparisons in the old design, but the taste is identical I don’t think the recipe changed...
    qkako2pdos36.jpg

HAHA! I had no clue they were energems before. I remember seeing those all the time. The bad part for me is they are like big m and m's so I could easily eat a few packs at once. Thanks for the warning.

Have you ever tried lindas diet delites protein bars?? They send code for free box to my email so I was thinking about tryingthe fluffer nutter or caramel pretzel. I LOVE that they use iso-IMOs like the old quest bars did. (The ones I was addicted to and ate 4/5 a day LOL) So they look promising. Wondering if you have ever tried them.

If anyone else is interested in trying something if you create a new account any of these codes work..

LDD_Bar_ChocolateCrisp_08.jpg
    LDD_Bar_ChocolateCrisp_10.jpg

"
    3. Gift code: 'Chocolite' for a free package of the HealthSmart Foods Chocolite 6packs. (one use per account)

4. Gift code: 'Waffles' for a free package of the LindasDietDelites.com High Protein Low Carb Waffles. (one use per account)

5. Gift code: 'pancake' for a free package of the LindasDietDelites.com High Protein Low Carb Pancakes. (one use per account)

6. Gift code: 'breading' for a free package of the LindasDietDelites.com Low Carb Breadcrumbs. (one use per account)

7. Gift code: 'SamplerPackLDD' for 50% off the ThinSlim Foods Sampler Pack. (one use per account)

8. Gift Code: 'LDDPasta' for $10 off a package of the LindasDietDelites.com Low Carb Pasta. (one use per account)

9. Gift Code: 'LDDBars' for $10 off a package of the LindasDietDelites.com Low Carb Protein Bars. (one use per account)"

Just wish they had free shipping. :/
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

qkako2pdos36.jpg

HAHA! I had no clue they were energems before. I remember seeing those all the time. The bad part for me is they are like big m and m's so I could easily eat a few packs at once. Thanks for the warning.

Have you ever tried lindas diet delites protein bars?? They send code for free box to my email so I was thinking about tryingthe fluffer nutter or caramel pretzel. I LOVE that they use iso-IMOs like the old quest bars did. (The ones I was addicted to and ate 4/5 a day LOL) So they look promising. Wondering if you have ever tried them.

If anyone else is interested in trying something if you create a new account any of these codes work..

LDD_Bar_ChocolateCrisp_08.jpg
    LDD_Bar_ChocolateCrisp_10.jpg

"
    3. Gift code: 'Chocolite' for a free package of the HealthSmart Foods Chocolite 6packs. (one use per account)

4. Gift code: 'Waffles' for a free package of the LindasDietDelites.com High Protein Low Carb Waffles. (one use per account)

5. Gift code: 'pancake' for a free package of the LindasDietDelites.com High Protein Low Carb Pancakes. (one use per account)

6. Gift code: 'breading' for a free package of the LindasDietDelites.com Low Carb Breadcrumbs. (one use per account)

7. Gift code: 'SamplerPackLDD' for 50% off the ThinSlim Foods Sampler Pack. (one use per account)

8. Gift Code: 'LDDPasta' for $10 off a package of the LindasDietDelites.com Low Carb Pasta. (one use per account)

9. Gift Code: 'LDDBars' for $10 off a package of the LindasDietDelites.com Low Carb Protein Bars. (one use per account)"

Just wish they had free shipping. :/

Isn’t it free shipping for orders over $100? I order way too much from them, all those codes work and are worth using! As for the protein bars, I’ve been hooked for years but they’re nothing like quest; not as thick and chewy. The fluffy vanilla crisp is one of my favorites because it’s like a rice crispy treat, but you can’t go wrong with any of them EXCEPT the chocolate which tastes really really weird and no one in my family likes.
    Definitely worth trying since they’re free ;)