New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Mikkimeow wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    Lord help me, it's not ending... IHOP has new pancake flavors... thank GOD they're less calories but that's still quite a bit!
    eg6jp7z8bhuz.png
    3i9diwtm1co4.png

I could never afford to spend 1000 calories on pancakes. I'd be completely starving the rest of the day, lol. I'm so jealous of people who can really push CICO that way (I have a friend who'll have a 300 calorie coffee and an apple fritter for breakfast and lunch and be totally fine. Not fair).

So I had the english sticky toffee this weekend, also tried the tres leches pancakes (and had a bite of my girlfriend's waffle sandwich!!!!) verdict: sticky toffee pancakes were great for about two bites and then insanely sickeningly sweet after. I gave the rest to my daughter. The tres leches pancakes were delicious. The breakfast waffle sandwich was decent, not worth the calories in my opinion and difficult to eat as they were saturated in syrup. All in all, tres leches were a hit, eh on the rest.

8krogpqmhg62.jpg

All these pancake photos are making me crave pancakes like there's no tomorrow LOL. What was the white/cream colored part in the middle of the tres leche pancakes? Was it just whipped cream or more of a caramel custard?
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting patiently for the Cheesecake Factory Cinnamon Roll Pancake review............
  • vanilla_frosting
    vanilla_frosting Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    orangegato wrote: »
    I'm waiting patiently for the Cheesecake Factory Cinnamon Roll Pancake review............

Haha! I talked to my daughter about them. "They're everything I can't have (she has an autoimmune disease and has cut out dairy and gluten) but all my friends say they are ridiculously good. I mean, it's a cinnamon roll pancake."

So, the review is in!
  • opalquartz
    opalquartz Posts: 65 Member
    Options

I thought I'd seen this posted here before - I just tried the Sweet & Smoky BBQ flavor of these (my grocery store just got them!) and they're excellent, highly recommended. Great macros, satisfying serving size, and I love the taste! I'm definitely gonna try the other flavors now.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Mother of all things probably terrible for you yet insanely delicious sounding...

scyh8hb40c5g.png

They should really put calories on those announcements, lol! I'm guessing 1600 calories or something?
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Mother of all things probably terrible for you yet insanely delicious sounding...

scyh8hb40c5g.png

They should really put calories on those announcements, lol! I'm guessing 1600 calories or something?

Eggs benedict can be close to 1,600 calories alone depending on how much hollandaise sauce is used, and that's normally with an english muffin which has a lot less calories than a biscuit. Add to that some fried chicken and hash, I'm guessing 2,000-3,000 calories... I wrote to them so once I hear back if they tell me I'll let you know xD
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    kv0ukgjbdoie.jpg
    4t8xxl2u7ca5.jpg
    My Safeway has started to stock the new Open Nature ice creams. I picked up their Peanut Butter and Cookies almond milk ice cream to try. The top was a bit icy, but that didn't affect the texture, which was creamy and light. First bite tasted purely of almond milk. The peanut butter came through a bit later, but overall this flavor was a bit bland, and I couldn't really taste the cookies. Not bad to try, but I wouldn't rush to try the other non dairy flavors.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

scyh8hb40c5g.png

Eggs benedict can be close to 1,600 calories alone depending on how much hollandaise sauce is used, and that's normally with an english muffin which has a lot less calories than a biscuit. Add to that some fried chicken and hash, I'm guessing 2,000-3,000 calories... I wrote to them so once I hear back if they tell me I'll let you know xD

I didn’t know eggs Benedict was so caloricly dense. That’s super depressing :(
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Canada's answer to Halo Top - CoolWay.jyh65pbgsokp.jpg

They were all pretty good for what they are except the Vanilla Bean was just kind of meh.
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Love seeing all of the posts on here. Everything looks so good.
  • akfinn21
    akfinn21 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    uhbzy25et4iy.jpeg

cookies & cream gets a thumbs up! plentiful amount of “cookies” but the chocolate taste of them is less than an oreo or anything along those lines. still delicious!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options

scyh8hb40c5g.png

IHOP eggs Benedict is 910. I think they mostly run between 600-1000.
  • Francl27
    edited March 2018
    Options

scyh8hb40c5g.png

1600 for egg benedicts seems a bit excessive. I mean, even the Cheesecake Factory has some at 1300 only and they use a LOT of sauce (plus potatoes etc).

This one, I'd think

500 for the potatoes
    400 for the chicken
    200 for the eggs
    200 for the sauce
    300 for the biscuit

Can't imagine it would be as high as 2000 calories. Now I want to know.

To be fair, if it's brunch, I can typically fit a 1400 calorie meal without any issue. I just eat lightly the rest of the day, which is easier for me than saving calories for a big dinner.
  • hgycta
    edited March 2018
    Options

scyh8hb40c5g.png

IHOP eggs Benedict is 910. I think they mostly run between 600-1000.

I guess you’re right, MOST eggs benedict might not be quite that high, it’s just saved that way in my phone after logging it when my family makes it... we use A LOT of hollandaise! Be careful if you go out and log it, sometimes some restaurants are more generous than others and use more of it, so if you’re logging a lower calorie version and notice there’s a lot of sauce covering it, you might’ve got something a couple hundred calories more than what the menu lists. I know simply from sausage gravy ordered at my Wawa can easy vary between the employee hardly using any gravy and using so much I can’t even see the biscuit anymore... I never trust wawa when they list their biscuits and gravy under 400 calories o.o

Either way, I’m hoping you’re all right and it won’t be that caloric, because those bowls look delicious to me!

Also, new Mighty Muffin flavor announced this morning!
    dvc637gyjads.jpeg
  • hgycta
    Options
    I really wanted to love this, but I don’t. I don’t drink hazelnut flavored coffees because the syrup tastes weirdly artificial and chemically to me in its own distinct way. Even though this was almond toffee flavored, it had that same weirdly fake hazelnut flavor. 270 calories, 55g carbs and 53g of sugar, so for that label it’s definitely not worth it or something I’m buying again. Didn’t really enjoy it at all. Very fake.
    ncxfv7xtmwhe.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    166fgh7nj5l5.jpeg
    44hzcc9fcbki.jpeg
    Much less exciting than pancakes and eggs Benedict but tried these. I liked that there were three instead of two like belvita etc. They were really good and had a very nice authentic blueberry muffin flavor, maybe too muffinlike because I kept wanting to add butter lol. Did not taste nut at all.

Also random but wegmans changed the serving size on all their cereal to be 1-1.5c which I actually like because who the heck eats 3/4c cereal. Way more of a realistic serving size.
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Dried dates.....always satisfies my sweet tooth needs when I'm trying to lose
  • Francl27
    Options
    166fgh7nj5l5.jpeg
    44hzcc9fcbki.jpeg
    Much less exciting than pancakes and eggs Benedict but tried these. I liked that there were three instead of two like belvita etc. They were really good and had a very nice authentic blueberry muffin flavor, maybe too muffinlike because I kept wanting to add butter lol. Did not taste nut at all.

Also random but wegmans changed the serving size on all their cereal to be 1-1.5c which I actually like because who the heck eats 3/4c cereal. Way more of a realistic serving size.

I love the cranberry almond breakfast flats.