New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• michelleg85
    michelleg85 Posts: 30 Member
    More than pasta. It's pretty much pasta but made from one ingredient: chickpeas. Although there is a green pea variety, I hear it's not too yummy. But the chickpea one really just takes on the flavor of whatever spices/sauce/oil you dress it with. It's amazing, my husband though he was eating normal pasta. Found at Costco.
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    More than pasta. It's pretty much pasta but made from one ingredient: chickpeas. Although there is a green pea variety, I hear it's not too yummy. But the chickpea one really just takes on the flavor of whatever spices/sauce/oil you dress it with. It's amazing, my husband though he was eating normal pasta. Found at Costco.

Are you in Canada? If so, I'll have to check out the Costco here for that product.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    edited March 2018
    Birder165 wrote: »

Are you in Canada? If so, I'll have to check out the Costco here for that product.

If you have a Bulk Barn near you, they sell chickpea pasta and red lentil pasta (and a few more, I can’t remember off the top of my head). They’re in boxes on the shelf, not in the bulk bins.

Edit: Actually, they may have some in the bulk bins, I’ve just never looked at the bulk pasta! Only the boxed stuff.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »

If you have a Bulk Barn near you, they sell chickpea pasta and red lentil pasta (and a few more, I can’t remember off the top of my head). They’re in boxes on the shelf, not in the bulk bins.

Edit: Actually, they may have some in the bulk bins, I’ve just never looked at the bulk pasta! Only the boxed stuff.

Also at Bulk Barn you can get edamame spaghetti and a lot of other non-flour pastas.

Yes! I could only remember the chickpea and red lentil ones because I have them in my kitchen. There’s lots of rice pasta, black bean pasta, and mung bean pasta as well.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    opalquartz wrote: »

I thought I'd seen this posted here before - I just tried the Sweet & Smoky BBQ flavor of these (my grocery store just got them!) and they're excellent, highly recommended. Great macros, satisfying serving size, and I love the taste! I'm definitely gonna try the other flavors now.

What's the protein source?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Mother of all things probably terrible for you yet insanely delicious sounding...

scyh8hb40c5g.png

They should really put calories on those announcements, lol! I'm guessing 1600 calories or something?

Eggs benedict can be close to 1,600 calories alone depending on how much hollandaise sauce is used, and that's normally with an english muffin which has a lot less calories than a biscuit. Add to that some fried chicken and hash, I'm guessing 2,000-3,000 calories... I wrote to them so once I hear back if they tell me I'll let you know xD

No way. As pictured, that's 1200ish at the most.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    166fgh7nj5l5.jpeg
    44hzcc9fcbki.jpeg
    Much less exciting than pancakes and eggs Benedict but tried these. I liked that there were three instead of two like belvita etc. They were really good and had a very nice authentic blueberry muffin flavor, maybe too muffinlike because I kept wanting to add butter lol. Did not taste nut at all.

Also random but wegmans changed the serving size on all their cereal to be 1-1.5c which I actually like because who the heck eats 3/4c cereal. Way more of a realistic serving size.

I never understand these breakfast flats like Belvita,seems just like a cookie,there's no vitamins or much fiber maybe I'm missing something?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    whitpauly wrote: »
    166fgh7nj5l5.jpeg
    44hzcc9fcbki.jpeg
    Much less exciting than pancakes and eggs Benedict but tried these. I liked that there were three instead of two like belvita etc. They were really good and had a very nice authentic blueberry muffin flavor, maybe too muffinlike because I kept wanting to add butter lol. Did not taste nut at all.

Also random but wegmans changed the serving size on all their cereal to be 1-1.5c which I actually like because who the heck eats 3/4c cereal. Way more of a realistic serving size.

I never understand these breakfast flats like Belvita,seems just like a cookie,there's no vitamins or much fiber maybe I'm missing something?

It's whole grains so it's good for you, right?
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    166fgh7nj5l5.jpeg
    44hzcc9fcbki.jpeg

Mm Maybe but i don't think they're very filling so I've never bought them again
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 139 Member
    Mikkimeow wrote: »
    Lord help me, it's not ending... IHOP has new pancake flavors... thank GOD they're less calories but that's still quite a bit!
    eg6jp7z8bhuz.png
    3i9diwtm1co4.png

I could never afford to spend 1000 calories on pancakes. I'd be completely starving the rest of the day, lol. I'm so jealous of people who can really push CICO that way (I have a friend who'll have a 300 calorie coffee and an apple fritter for breakfast and lunch and be totally fine. Not fair).

So I had the english sticky toffee this weekend, also tried the tres leches pancakes (and had a bite of my girlfriend's waffle sandwich!!!!) verdict: sticky toffee pancakes were great for about two bites and then insanely sickeningly sweet after. I gave the rest to my daughter. The tres leches pancakes were delicious. The breakfast waffle sandwich was decent, not worth the calories in my opinion and difficult to eat as they were saturated in syrup. All in all, tres leches were a hit, eh on the rest.

8krogpqmhg62.jpg

All these pancake photos are making me crave pancakes like there's no tomorrow LOL. What was the white/cream colored part in the middle of the tres leche pancakes? Was it just whipped cream or more of a caramel custard?

It was more of a sweet milk custard I believe. I loved them!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited March 2018
    166fgh7nj5l5.jpeg
    44hzcc9fcbki.jpeg

Not filling at all lol. I think of them as a yummy snack cookie on par with a sugary granola bar. I could never just eat that for a meal I would be starving. I eat like 4-5 bars a day each about 200 so I had as snack.

I wouldn’t say any of the Quaker or commercial brand granola bars or “flats” or “breakfast cookies/squares” are particularly healthy or filling but more of a sweet snack or low calorie desert lol. Whole grain, healthy, etc is such a marketing ploy to get people to buy their cookies and snack cakes LOL. They are tasty though,
  • Gozomalta28
    Gozomalta28 Posts: 18 Member
    I am not sure if these are NEW, but they are new to me :)

I bought these last night and had one for lunch today with chicken, tomatoes, cheese and spinach. I’ll definitely buy these again. Nutrition info for the pita pockets: 100 calories, 5 grams fiber, fat 1.5 grams, carbs 21 grams, protein 4 grams, 2 grams sugarn1uiqjzm5035.jpg

Where did you find them? Thank you!!!
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 579 Member
    8ix4d2t9kz3k.jpg
    Talenti's new Almond Butter and Honey wasn't as good as I was hoping it'd be. It doesn't taste like almond butter, more like a vanilla taste with a very slight hint of almond flavor. The honey also overwhelmed the almond flavor.

Yasso's mint chocolate pint wasn't successful. Mint is another flavor that doesn't seem to work well with the tartness of frozen yogurt. The vanilla based Yasso pints are the best bets.
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member

I do have a Bulk Barn close by and I'll definitely check it out. Thanks!
  • Francl27
    166fgh7nj5l5.jpeg
    44hzcc9fcbki.jpeg

Not filling at all lol. I think of them as a yummy snack cookie on par with a sugary granola bar. I could never just eat that for a meal I would be starving. I eat like 4-5 bars a day each about 200 so I had as snack.

I wouldn’t say any of the Quaker or commercial brand granola bars or “flats” or “breakfast cookies/squares” are particularly healthy or filling but more of a sweet snack or low calorie desert lol. Whole grain, healthy, etc is such a marketing ploy to get people to buy their cookies and snack cakes LOL. They are tasty though,

Pretty much how I feel too. I buy them occasionally.

I found lower sugar Talenti at Shop Rite but I wasn't overly fond of the 2 flavors they had and got scared by the 6g of sugar alcohol per serving. I'll wait for the light B&J.
  • Gozomalta28
    Gozomalta28 Posts: 18 Member

I bought these last night and had one for lunch today with chicken, tomatoes, cheese and spinach. I’ll definitely buy these again. Nutrition info for the pita pockets: 100 calories, 5 grams fiber, fat 1.5 grams, carbs 21 grams, protein 4 grams, 2 grams sugarn1uiqjzm5035.jpg

Is a serving size one whole pita or just half? Thank you! LOVE pita bread!!!
  • Foodfavor
    Foodfavor Posts: 94 Member
    Canada's answer to Halo Top - CoolWay

They were all pretty good for what they are except the Vanilla Bean was just kind of meh.
    Where the heck do you live for CoolWay to be THAT cheap?! Victoria hasn't gotten the new low calorie launch, but their old high protein full calorie stuff is $7.50 per pint here.
  • Francl27

Is a serving size one whole pita or just half? Thank you! LOVE pita bread!!!

'Per serving' is a bad sign.
  • opalquartz
    opalquartz Posts: 65 Member
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    opalquartz wrote: »

I thought I'd seen this posted here before - I just tried the Sweet & Smoky BBQ flavor of these (my grocery store just got them!) and they're excellent, highly recommended. Great macros, satisfying serving size, and I love the taste! I'm definitely gonna try the other flavors now.

What's the protein source?

Soy protein.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    edited March 2018
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    Mother of all things probably terrible for you yet insanely delicious sounding...

scyh8hb40c5g.png

They should really put calories on those announcements, lol! I'm guessing 1600 calories or something?

Eggs benedict can be close to 1,600 calories alone depending on how much hollandaise sauce is used, and that's normally with an english muffin which has a lot less calories than a biscuit. Add to that some fried chicken and hash, I'm guessing 2,000-3,000 calories... I wrote to them so once I hear back if they tell me I'll let you know xD

No way. As pictured, that's 1200ish at the most.

Hard to say. Perkins has something similar, Southern Fried Chicken Biscuit Breakfast and when removing the bacon it is 1730. The biscuit is 560. Anyway.....this looks good