New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I am not sure if these are NEW, but they are new to me :)

I bought these last night and had one for lunch today with chicken, tomatoes, cheese and spinach. I’ll definitely buy these again. Nutrition info for the pita pockets: 100 calories, 5 grams fiber, fat 1.5 grams, carbs 21 grams, protein 4 grams, 2 grams sugarn1uiqjzm5035.jpg

Is a serving size one whole pita or just half? Thank you! LOVE pita bread!!!

'Per serving' is a bad sign.

I got ones like that and it was per half. I was so sad.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Sp1tfire wrote: »

I bought these last night and had one for lunch today with chicken, tomatoes, cheese and spinach. I’ll definitely buy these again. Nutrition info for the pita pockets: 100 calories, 5 grams fiber, fat 1.5 grams, carbs 21 grams, protein 4 grams, 2 grams sugarn1uiqjzm5035.jpg

Ive had these and sadly its for half a pocket lol. Hate the way it's labeled.... Most people would think 100 calorie for the whole thing if they didn't check, such false advertising.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Sp1tfire wrote: »

Ive had these and sadly its for half a pocket lol. Hate the way it's labeled.... Most people would think 100 calorie for the whole thing if they didn't check, such false advertising.

That's why it's a bad sign when it says 'per serving' in small letters on the package, lol.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    orangegato wrote: »
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    Mother of all things probably terrible for you yet insanely delicious sounding...

scyh8hb40c5g.png

They should really put calories on those announcements, lol! I'm guessing 1600 calories or something?

Eggs benedict can be close to 1,600 calories alone depending on how much hollandaise sauce is used, and that's normally with an english muffin which has a lot less calories than a biscuit. Add to that some fried chicken and hash, I'm guessing 2,000-3,000 calories... I wrote to them so once I hear back if they tell me I'll let you know xD

No way. As pictured, that's 1200ish at the most.

Hard to say. Perkins has something similar, Southern Fried Chicken Biscuit Breakfast and when removing the bacon it is 1730. The biscuit is 560. Anyway.....this looks good

That sounds delicious......
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Not a new product anymore but a new idea...
    So those Frosted Flakes Lucky Charms have been nothing less than my greatest downfall recently, but then I saw Chocolate Frosted Flakes. On its own, it’s not as good. But inspired by the Lucky Charms I threw in some freeze dried marshmallows I found by Jet-Puffed (next to hot cocoa mixes in walmart) and the result was DELICIOUS.
    EDIT: I was thinking, and Oreo O’s totally had mini marshmallows before they were taken off the market and re-released, didn’t they? I’m totally doing this to them next. Breakfast possibilities just opened up big time, these marshmallows are a MUST. I’ve had them in hot cocoa (which they are intended for) and they’re not good, they’re so small so they melt the second you add hot water or milk. Don’t know why they don’t advertise them for cereal instead.
    wnzftst9sx0e.jpeg

Yum that looks delicious! Might have to try this. Is thst 3/4c one serving ? Looks like you actually get a decent amount for the serving size.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    So those Frosted Flakes Lucky Charms have been nothing less than my greatest downfall recently, but then I saw Chocolate Frosted Flakes. On its own, it’s not as good. But inspired by the Lucky Charms I threw in some freeze dried marshmallows I found by Jet-Puffed (next to hot cocoa mixes in walmart) and the result was DELICIOUS.
    EDIT: I was thinking, and Oreo O’s totally had mini marshmallows before they were taken off the market and re-released, didn’t they? I’m totally doing this to them next. Breakfast possibilities just opened up big time, these marshmallows are a MUST. I’ve had them in hot cocoa (which they are intended for) and they’re not good, they’re so small so they melt the second you add hot water or milk. Don’t know why they don’t advertise them for cereal instead.
    wnzftst9sx0e.jpeg

Yum that looks delicious! Is thst 3/4c one serving ? Looks like you actually get a decent amount for the serving size.

I used one cup and then 3 servings (15 grams) of the mallow bits, so it was about 147 calories for the cereal, 60 for the mallow bits, and then I used one cup of unsweetened almond milk for 30 calories. It was very filling and DELICIOUS, all for 237 calories which is hard to beat, really. I've been fairly impressed with how diet friendly cereal has been treating me as long as I use almond milk, it's not nearly as caloric as I had always assumed - plus it has a thousand other vitamins and minerals in it!
  • fitmetalmom
    fitmetalmom Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    dsic9dfe4rkc.jpg

j1u8db4caz8m.png

• Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    wnzftst9sx0e.jpeg

Yum that looks delicious! Is thst 3/4c one serving ? Looks like you actually get a decent amount for the serving size.

I used one cup and then 3 servings (15 grams) of the mallow bits, so it was about 147 calories for the cereal, 60 for the mallow bits, and then I used one cup of unsweetened almond milk for 30 calories. It was very filling and DELICIOUS, all for 237 calories which is hard to beat, really. I've been fairly impressed with how diet friendly cereal has been treating me as long as I use almond milk, it's not nearly as caloric as I had always assumed - plus it has a thousand other vitamins and minerals in it!

That’s not bad at all I always have to have At least 1 cup of cereal lol. Thanks for review, I might buy since Kellogg are on sale 2 bucks a box at my store this week and Im in the mood for chocolate. Companies need to start coming to this thread to get our ideas for new products more. *calls pancakerunner*
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Foodfavor wrote: »
    Birder165 wrote: »
    Canada's answer to Halo Top - CoolWay

They were all pretty good for what they are except the Vanilla Bean was just kind of meh.
    Where the heck do you live for CoolWay to be THAT cheap?! Victoria hasn't gotten the new low calorie launch, but their old high protein full calorie stuff is $7.50 per pint here.

Windsor, ON. That price is at Walmart right now. It didn't look like it was a sale price.
    I found a couple of pints at Sobeys and they were $7.99.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options

I speak on behalf of my mother when I say those chocolate Energems have been a staple in my household since before they rebranded to BeOn gems or whatever they are now. My mom only likes the berry flavored, but I like them all. I agree, weird off-taste to them but I like how the texture is similar to those mega oversized m&ms. My mom needs these to stay awake while driving to work because she hates coffee and I can attest if you have enough of them (for me the limit is 3-4) you will feel it! Personally, I’d rather save the calories and get a lightly sweetened coffee. Side note, my mom swears they constipate her. She continues eating them anyways >~> but she spends WAY too much money on them!!!!
    I still have some of the original for comparisons in the old design, but the taste is identical I don’t think the recipe changed...
    qkako2pdos36.jpg

HAHA! I had no clue they were energems before. I remember seeing those all the time. The bad part for me is they are like big m and m's so I could easily eat a few packs at once. Thanks for the warning.

Have you ever tried lindas diet delites protein bars?? They send code for free box to my email so I was thinking about tryingthe fluffer nutter or caramel pretzel. I LOVE that they use iso-IMOs like the old quest bars did. (The ones I was addicted to and ate 4/5 a day LOL) So they look promising. Wondering if you have ever tried them.

If anyone else is interested in trying something if you create a new account any of these codes work..

LDD_Bar_ChocolateCrisp_08.jpg
    LDD_Bar_ChocolateCrisp_10.jpg

"
    3. Gift code: 'Chocolite' for a free package of the HealthSmart Foods Chocolite 6packs. (one use per account)

4. Gift code: 'Waffles' for a free package of the LindasDietDelites.com High Protein Low Carb Waffles. (one use per account)

5. Gift code: 'pancake' for a free package of the LindasDietDelites.com High Protein Low Carb Pancakes. (one use per account)

6. Gift code: 'breading' for a free package of the LindasDietDelites.com Low Carb Breadcrumbs. (one use per account)

7. Gift code: 'SamplerPackLDD' for 50% off the ThinSlim Foods Sampler Pack. (one use per account)

8. Gift Code: 'LDDPasta' for $10 off a package of the LindasDietDelites.com Low Carb Pasta. (one use per account)

9. Gift Code: 'LDDBars' for $10 off a package of the LindasDietDelites.com Low Carb Protein Bars. (one use per account)"

Just wish they had free shipping. :/

Isn’t it free shipping for orders over $100? I order way too much from them, all those codes work and are worth using! As for the protein bars, I’ve been hooked for years but they’re nothing like quest; not as thick and chewy. The fluffy vanilla crisp is one of my favorites because it’s like a rice crispy treat, but you can’t go wrong with any of them EXCEPT the chocolate which tastes really really weird and no one in my family likes.
    Definitely worth trying since they’re free ;)

Thank you! I ended up ordering them. Free, but still have to pay shipping so it forces you to buy other stuff too. I see what they are trying to do ;)

Let me know what you think!

Also, guys.... there are no convenient Cheesecake Factory locations close to me, so if anyone happens to go and splurge on these PLEASE let me know if it’s worth the hour and a half drive! My only complaint is they look really thin, I prefer pancakes thick and fluffy o:
    m0hi54apsm9d.jpeg

Went to Cheesecake Factory and one of my kids ordered this. I had a taste. Neither of us liked it, so not worth a long drive IMO
  • hgycta
    Options
    Not gonna lie, I’m pretty jealous of everyone here who lives near a Whole Foods... I’m counting on a review from you all...
    flx22rvssc3h.jpeg
  • lyssalosesit
    lyssalosesit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    In the line of yogurts, I discovered the Zoi Greek yogurt in blueberry is the best stuff I’ve had in awhile! So good.
  • hgycta
    edited March 2018
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    THE SALE CAME! I thought I'd have to wait longer, but I'm happy I didn't have to! Overall, Enlightened didn't disappoint me. As always, they don't skimp on the mix-ins, which is partially why I'll always like this low calorie brand of ice cream better than Halo Top.
    Movie Night:
    I'm always a little apprehensive about trying out unfamiliar sweet and savory combinations, but Enlightened did a great job! There was a buttery taste reminiscent of movie popcorn, and the caramel swirls were amazing.
    1lotyryqbn1n.jpg

Cookies and Cream:
    I liked that there were cookie crumbs in every bite. It's not necessary, but I plan to mix in some Oreos tomorrow because of my sweet tooth. Cookies and Cream generally isn't my favorite type of ice cream, so I wasn't crazy in love with this pint, but I would buy it again. Also, this gets bonus points for having the lowest calorie count.
    6fwz9hd455gf.jpg

Brownies & Cookie Dough
    This was originally exclusive to just one or two stores far away from me, so I'm glad I got to try it. I know my tastes pretty well, so unsurprisingly, this was my favorite of the three. There was a decent amount of chocolate chips and chunks of dough/brownie bites throughout the pint.
    rei8me7x44uf.jpg

I NEED to find their new pints ugh!!!! Cookies & Cream is one of my all-time favorite ice cream flavors (right behind Cotton Candy and Peanut Butter).... I'm DYING over here!!!! I'm still trying to find the new Arctic Zero pints, I'm surprised I haven't seen reviews anywhere for those yet o:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    For those that shop at Grocery Outlet they had two flavors of Skinny Cow pints (at least at the store I shop at). I think the price was either around $1.50-$2.50.

Has anyone ever tried this?

OTF600999S.jpg

Grocery Outlet had this for around $6.99, but I didn't want to spend that much money without reading reviews.