New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I found Movie Night and Cookies and Cream Enlightened today at Kroger! I was so surprised and excited! I’ll be having one of them tonight to report on. co2sdychuy6m.jpeg

Oh my.... I am VERY much looking forward to this review!!!! I'm so jealous you found it!

Also, McDonald's came out with new Turtle McCafe drinks near my house today and I tried it in the iced coffee. Not impressed at all. If you like hazelnut it's probably a good flavor, but personally I find all hazelnut flavored syrups to be really weird tasting and unappealing. Solid hazelnut, caramel, chocolatey flavor though. Wish it would have been pecan, instead. I could finish it, it wasn't TERRIBLE, but I won't be getting it again.

dt3fulbuu20o.png
  • kellymccrea1
    kellymccrea1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    So, I just polished off my first pint of Enlightened Cookies and Cream. I have to say, they nailed it. I just listened to a podcast from Foodbeast that featured the CEO of Enlightened. They talked a bit about their new flavors, and said that they really waited on the cookies and cream to get it right. They succeeded. It’s the same density of all of their other pints. I generally put mine in the microwave for about 35 seconds to get it to the softness I want without it being melted. The vanilla base is good. It does not have giant chunks of Oreo, but there are so many cookie pieces. It’s jam packed. There wasn’t one part of the pint that was just the vanilla base. The cookies and cream taste is right on what I would expect from higher calorie versions. I love that it’s a lower calorie pint too at 320. If you wanted, you could crush up a few Oreos or Oreo thins in you wanted a couple giant chunks. I guess I’m fully on the Enlightened bandwagon. I haven’t had a pint of Halo Top in quite awhile. I’m not avoiding it intentionally, I just really love a few of the Enlightened pints more than any Halo flavor. I would most definitely repurchase. I bought this at a Kroger that is about 30 minutes from my house so it did melt a bit on the way home before I could get it in the freezer which it why in the picture it doesn’t look full.
  • kellymccrea1
    Options
    ilit6cdgzp24.jpeg
    11awm6jxejg8.jpeg
    ne1xzjlbqo8s.jpeg
  • kellymccrea1
    Options
    2qx0wf0i5e1r.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    2qx0wf0i5e1r.jpeg

I’m not a huge ice cream person but cookies and cream is my number one favorite so I HAVE to buy this. Very impressed with the ratio of cookies to ice cream. Thanks for review I’ll have to get. Ibotta always is giving me coupons for them. Lol.
  • hgycta
    Options
    ilit6cdgzp24.jpeg
    11awm6jxejg8.jpeg
    ne1xzjlbqo8s.jpeg

Oh my goodness that looks amazing o///o
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    So, I just polished off my first pint of Enlightened Cookies and Cream. I have to say, they nailed it. I just listened to a podcast from Foodbeast that featured the CEO of Enlightened. They talked a bit about their new flavors, and said that they really waited on the cookies and cream to get it right. They succeeded. It’s the same density of all of their other pints. I generally put mine in the microwave for about 35 seconds to get it to the softness I want without it being melted. The vanilla base is good. It does not have giant chunks of Oreo, but there are so many cookie pieces. It’s jam packed. There wasn’t one part of the pint that was just the vanilla base. The cookies and cream taste is right on what I would expect from higher calorie versions. I love that it’s a lower calorie pint too at 320. If you wanted, you could crush up a few Oreos or Oreo thins in you wanted a couple giant chunks. I guess I’m fully on the Enlightened bandwagon. I haven’t had a pint of Halo Top in quite awhile. I’m not avoiding it intentionally, I just really love a few of the Enlightened pints more than any Halo flavor. I would most definitely repurchase. I bought this at a Kroger that is about 30 minutes from my house so it did melt a bit on the way home before I could get it in the freezer which it why in the picture it doesn’t look full.

The aftertaste is even worse for me with Enlightened! Go figure...
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Anyone ever try these last year? They came out for a limited time last year I think, but they are releasing them again this summer. Honey peanut butter reeses sounds AMAZING. BBQ payday sounds absolutely disgusting, lol.

Here is the list: Kit Kat Strawberry Flavored Candy, Hershey’s Kisses Coconut Almond Flavored Candies, PayDay BBQ Flavored Bars, Reese’s Honey Roasted Flavored Peanut Butter Cups, Twizzlers Key Lime Pie Flavored Twists, Twizzlers Orange Cream Pop Flavored Twists, and Hershey’s Cherry Cheesecake Flavored Bars.

01_042617_BadForYouAMERICA_Carroll.2e16d0ba.fill-735x490.jpg

I had that BBQ Payday sometime last year. It was pretty good!
  • hgycta
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

The aftertaste is even worse for me with Enlightened! Go figure...

I think it depends on the flavor... Enlightened’s caramel flavors, snickerdoodle, the pina colada, and the brownies/cookie dough taste very artificial to me but so does Halo Top’s pancakes & waffles, cinnamon roll, and even some of the seasonal ones like the gingerbread house (which I could overlook because of the amazing icing swirls).

I don’t like one brand more than another, just some of the flavors from each more than the other. Maybe you’ve just been unlucky with the ones you tried. Have you tried Enlightened’s chocolate peanut butter? It’s my FAVORITE and I don’t think tastes artificial at all!
  • hgycta
    Options
    I tried the lemon chicken by Good Food Made Simple and loved it, but this was my first time trying their enchiladas. I don’t shop at Target very often but I might have to go back for more, these frozen dinners are so delicious and flavorful! Has anyone here tried any other flavors they recommend?nugp86vmotbf.jpeg
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I tried the lemon chicken by Good Food Made Simple and loved it, but this was my first time trying their enchiladas. I don’t shop at Target very often but I might have to go back for more, these frozen dinners are so delicious and flavorful! Has anyone here tried any other flavors they recommend?

Lol. Your recent posts made me think otherwise.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    I don't know how late I am on the bandwagon with this one but I tried my first Smash Mallow last night (in hot cocoa) and again this morning (in a pumpkin spice latte - I don't care if it's Spring), and they're amazing! I got the Mint Chocolate Chip, and by themselves they taste like Astronaut Freeze Dried ice cream!

Has anyone here tried other flavors they suggest I try next?

A word of warning, however: the serving size says 4 marshmallows with about 4 servings per container. This should be 16 marshmallows. When I opened my bag I noticed there were only 11 marshmallows inside. Also, the serving size is 4 marshmallows (30g) but when I weighed each marshmallow each one was consistently 10g or very close to it. I'm not sure if I got a weird bag or what, but the nutrition facts should probably be 3 marshmallows per serving instead of 4... just a heads up. So instead of 20 calories a marshmallow it's closer to 26-27... not a huge difference, unless you're like me and use A TON of marshmallows, then they add up :')

npy0e6b9kw54.png

I LOVED the cinnamon churro! The rice krispy bars made with them aren't good though.
  • hgycta
    edited March 2018
    Options
    https://www.popsugar.com/moms/Walmart-Dunk-N-Crunch-Dunkaroos-DIY-44697653

I wonder how many calories are in this though since it features shortbread cookies instead of thin wafers, Dunkaroos only have 100 per pack! I'll admit, I still eat Dunkaroos every now and again thanks to my occasional careless shopping habits on eBay, which still sells them :')

But in all honesty I only buy them for the novelty of when I have friends over who remember them. In reality, they get way more hype than they deserve. You could very easily recreate the taste by popping open a can of Pillsbury Funfetti Icing (for around a dollar) and dipping your own shortbread cookies inside.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Either companies are SERIOUSLY running out of inspiration for new flavors or this is some bad April Fool's prank released early to get our email addresses and sign us up for their mailing list... if the former, then they should come to this forum for some delicious ideas.... if the latter, then that's pretty deceptive and sort of makes me not like either company...

q15lzj20j5cg.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Either companies are SERIOUSLY running out of inspiration for new flavors or this is some bad April Fool's prank released early to get our email addresses and sign us up for their mailing list... if the former, then they should come to this forum for some delicious ideas.... if the latter, then that's pretty deceptive and sort of makes me not like either company...

q15lzj20j5cg.png

Wow... I think definitely an april fools. Seems like a marketing ploy to get sign ups and april 2nd they will maybe just pick winners to get bars and some of their pizzas. (If not, then shame on them for being deceptive to get sign ups)

Seems too weird to be true lol.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    SRIRACHA.jpg
    I love sriracha and I love peanut butter, so when I saw these packs on clearance for .25, I had to try them. This was surprisingly really good on toast. It was more peanut in flavor with a subtle sriracha kick to it. I usually don't like savory peanut butter things, but I actually liked this. I had it on fresh baked sesame bread from a bakery and the spicy peanut went well with the sesame. I wouldn't buy again though. If I ever wanted to recreate it I would just spread some pb on my toast and add some sriracha, lol.