New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• ccol4him
    ccol4him Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I love Quest bars, well at least those flavors, but I always microwave them for 15 seconds. Yum. I like the Quest chips a lot too, but I didn't like the BBQ ones as much as the other ones (haven't tried the salt and vinegar ones).
    Man I love quest bars, cookies and cream is one of my faves. Smores in my new quest bar love though.

I've scrolled through and seen a few people here saying that they like them, and all of the reviews I read said they were delicious which is why I didn't hesitate to buy TWO BOXES lol. But now I'm thinking that all the people who really like them seem to be American which explains a lot, because I've heard on average, the food over there is a lot sweeter than here, bread and savoury food included. Which is maybe why I find them so sickly sweet. Despite that though I'm open to trying other flavours because of how nutritional they are. So any suggestions?

I like the Quest Protein powder better than the bars. I like microwaving the bars for a few seconds or crumbling part of one in a shake.

My favorite new product is Sports Research hydrolized collagen powder, unflavored.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @Noreenmarie1234 how many calories were in those Kashi bars? They look so good! Also, thanks for reviewing those noodles, I've been contemplating them each time I pass them in Walmart so I guess I'll be picking some up now! :)

I tried Monster's newish coffee drink today (Salted Caramel) and I loved it. 180 Calories for the bottle so a lot less sweet than those bottled frappuccinos Starbucks sells or Dunkin's bottled iced coffees. Although I normally like everything cloyingly sweet, I like when I can taste the coffee and not just a bunch of sugar in my drink, so I liked this a lot. It was very balanced, creamy, and had just enough saltiness to it to where I couldn't stop drinking it. I wasn't jittery after drinking it, but I was alert (albeit an hour later I had another coffee so it faded pretty quick). I'll definitely buy this again, but for the flavor not so much the caffeine strength.

61u3wjdrtodv.jpeg

Also tried Arctic Zero's Cookies & Cream pint. Surprisingly I think the Mint was better still since it had a more upfront flavor, but this was improvement from the Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cookies pint I had last night. At first the vanilla base tasted like the base in their Vanilla Maple 150 calorie pint (aka very bland), but as I got down it got a lot better with the cookie pieces. Thankfully, there weren't just pieces of the chocolate cookies but pieces of the CREAM which has always been my favorite part of a cookies & cream flavor (cream > cookie every time). The cream sort of blends in so I can't tell when it's there, but when it is I REALLY like it, and there's plenty of them the further down you go. It also gets sweeter the further down you go.
    If this was on sale again I would definitely buy one or two more pints, but it's not a flavor worth stocking up on. The macros aren't great and it's a little high in calories for me considering the bland vanilla base. If the vanilla had been a tad bit sweeter it would've won me over, or maybe if they used a sweet cream base instead of vanilla. Still, the cream chunks are wonderful even if they aren't really distributed too well (or maybe I just got a bad pint with them all sunken down further). It's a shame they didn't make a mint cookies & cream version adding the cream pieces to the mint instead of so many chocolate chips... that would've been incredible.
    j5pu5tinnvuu.jpeg
  • hgycta
    Options
    It’s a Walmart miracle, I found both o///o
    pyh95o0psip0.jpeg
    h9mxvkw33dxn.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    @Noreenmarie1234 how many calories were in those Kashi bars? They look so good! Also, thanks for reviewing those noodles, I've been contemplating them each time I pass them in Walmart so I guess I'll be picking some up now! :)

I tried Monster's newish coffee drink today (Salted Caramel) and I loved it. 180 Calories for the bottle so a lot less sweet than those bottled frappuccinos Starbucks sells or Dunkin's bottled iced coffees. Although I normally like everything cloyingly sweet, I like when I can taste the coffee and not just a bunch of sugar in my drink, so I liked this a lot. It was very balanced, creamy, and had just enough saltiness to it to where I couldn't stop drinking it. I wasn't jittery after drinking it, but I was alert (albeit an hour later I had another coffee so it faded pretty quick). I'll definitely buy this again, but for the flavor not so much the caffeine strength.

61u3wjdrtodv.jpeg

Also tried Arctic Zero's Cookies & Cream pint. Surprisingly I think the Mint was better still since it had a more upfront flavor, but this was improvement from the Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cookies pint I had last night. At first the vanilla base tasted like the base in their Vanilla Maple 150 calorie pint (aka very bland), but as I got down it got a lot better with the cookie pieces. Thankfully, there weren't just pieces of the chocolate cookies but pieces of the CREAM which has always been my favorite part of a cookies & cream flavor (cream > cookie every time). The cream sort of blends in so I can't tell when it's there, but when it is I REALLY like it, and there's plenty of them the further down you go. It also gets sweeter the further down you go.
    If this was on sale again I would definitely buy one or two more pints, but it's not a flavor worth stocking up on. The macros aren't great and it's a little high in calories for me considering the bland vanilla base. If the vanilla had been a tad bit sweeter it would've won me over, or maybe if they used a sweet cream base instead of vanilla. Still, the cream chunks are wonderful even if they aren't really distributed too well (or maybe I just got a bad pint with them all sunken down further). It's a shame they didn't make a mint cookies & cream version adding the cream pieces to the mint instead of so many chocolate chips... that would've been incredible.
    j5pu5tinnvuu.jpeg

Walmart for the win lol. You have to tell how those lean pockets are! I am a huge fan of pretzel bread and pretzels in general. I will probably try one of the other flavors of the noodles now that I know the texture is so much better than when I make them. Kashi bars had 150 calories and were smaller than a clif z bar so a little too small for my liking.
  • hgycta
    Options

61u3wjdrtodv.jpeg

j5pu5tinnvuu.jpeg

Walmart for the win lol. You have to tell how those lean pockets are! I am a huge fan of pretzel bread and pretzels in general. I will probably try one of the other flavors of the noodles now that I know the texture is so much better than when I make them. Kashi bars had 150 calories and were smaller than a clif z bar so a little too small for my liking.

150 calories isn't too bad, I was expecting closer to 200 with how delicious they looked! I would try the lean pockets tonight if it weren't for my mother cooking a holiday dinner for us tonight, but I'll probably try them tomorrow or the next day. As for the noodles, I only noticed the angel hair and pad thai, does your Walmart sell more varieties? I picked up both after your review, I have lower standards since I can handle regular shirataki noodles so I'm really hoping these blow me away! xD

Happy Easter everyone by the way! <3 I know I'll probably hit a nerve with this one, but the only thing that could make this day better is if Halo Top released a Peeps seasonal flavor ice cream :p
  • Toshberry25M
    Toshberry25M Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    100% whole wheat sweet potato and brown sugar sun chips!!! omg soooooo good!! and idk if it's "New but.. Justin's dark chocolate peanut butter cups!! halo top ice cream any flavor is bomb!!!
  • vallary14
    vallary14 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Recently I had these flax crackers that were a tasty healthier option to corn chips for dipping in hummus. Only downfall is the seeds kinda stick to your teeth.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Is anyone else having issues uploading pictures onto here?

I took a break from Arctic Zero because I really wanted to try Halo Top’s new blueberry cobbler flavor. Not impressed at all. I’m a little biased because I don’t like fruit flavored ice cream as much as a more dessert inspired flavor, but it just tasted sort of fake and healthy. It reminds me of a creamier version of Dannon Light & Fit Greek Blueberry yogurt, which I’ve had way too many of. I won’t be getting this flavor again, it’s one of my least favorites.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Noticed on Facebook Lenny & Larry has a new chocolate mint protein cookie, and it looks like Enlightened is releasing a new peanut butter inspired ice cream pint flavor soon!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    10/10 the best flavor out of the bunch without a doubt. Arctic Zero’s Toffee crunch is something I’ll be buying like crazy. There’s PLENTY of toffee, and it’s so sweet!!!! It reminds me of a mix between baklava and toffee. It’s so buttery and crunchy. The base is sweet, too, not at all bland like some of the others. This is a MUST try. I don’t even know what to say... it’s perfect. The pieces of toffee are everywhere.
    It won’t let me upload a photo for some reason but it’s insane looking.

That's the one flavor Giant doesn't have :D.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Anyone try this?

Hersheys-Kisses-Flavor-of-Hawaii-Pineapple-Coconut.jpg?resize=492%2C600&ssl=1
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I've been on maintenance for nearly four years (after losing 65/70 lbs total) a while back. I've been dairy free (because my wife is allergic to it) for two years. I don't eat ice cream much any more because the non-dairy alternatives were (up till now) pretty nasty, to be honest.

Haagen Dazs just introduced four non-dairy flavors. OMG they taste like real ice cream (sorry So Delicious, Ben & Jerry's, Kroger, Nada Mo and the many more pretenders, this is so, so good!). Peanut Butter Chocolate, Mocha Cookie, Coconut Caramel and Sea Salt Chocolate Fudge Truffle. If I continue to eat as much non dairy ice cream as I did this week, I might have to log again soon (I'll be over my "red line").

I love HD's non dairy peanut butter chocolate fudge and salted chocolate fudge truffle flavors! Out of all of the new ice cream flavors I've tried recently (regular included), these are the first ones that I've bought repeats of so far. If you're looking for other non-dairy recommendations, Talenti has a couple of pretty good ones as well. Their peanut butter fudge sorbetto is very similar in taste to HD's peanut butter chocolate fudge, and is one of my favorites. Their cold brew coffee sorbetto is also delicious, as is their chocolate sorbetto. Texturally lighter than HD as they're replicating a gelato texture.

Thank you! I had no idea they made non-dairy too! We are so grateful that my wife is better (going non dairy, non gluten actually reversed her Fibromyalgia), but there are also times that she has a very hard time with doing without. I've literally watched her cry at restaurants because she can't have dairy anymore. I usually get some "oh, you *kitten*" looks from people thinking I'm the reason she's crying! No, she's crying because everyone around is eating cheese, cream, cakes, cheesecake and ice cream and she just wants to feel "normal" but dairy is something she reacts to very violently. Having other options is so important for her mental health and having an ice cream option that she actually loves is very exciting, even if just every once in a while. I'll try to find those too! Thanks!

I can only imagine how tough it must be to have to miss out on ice cream and other dairy desserts, considering that there aren't that many great alternatives yet. Haagen-Dazs and Talenti's non dairy ice creams are the best, I think because they don't rely on almond milk, rice milk, etc. for the bases, so the flavors are more pure without the noticeable taste of alternative milks that other brands tend to impart. I think we'll see the non dairy ice cream market expanding even more in the next few years - with HD releasing 4 flavors in their first foray into non dairy ice cream, they might come out with several flavors next year as well. This is Talenti's second year of non dairy ice creams (peanut butter chocolate fudge and chocolate sorbettos were released last year, cold brew coffee was a new flavor released this year) - perhaps they'll release another new non dairy flavor next year, though the direction Talenti goes in may depend on how their new lower sugar/lower calorie ice cream line does too.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I've been on maintenance for nearly four years (after losing 65/70 lbs total) a while back. I've been dairy free (because my wife is allergic to it) for two years. I don't eat ice cream much any more because the non-dairy alternatives were (up till now) pretty nasty, to be honest.

Haagen Dazs just introduced four non-dairy flavors. OMG they taste like real ice cream (sorry So Delicious, Ben & Jerry's, Kroger, Nada Mo and the many more pretenders, this is so, so good!). Peanut Butter Chocolate, Mocha Cookie, Coconut Caramel and Sea Salt Chocolate Fudge Truffle. If I continue to eat as much non dairy ice cream as I did this week, I might have to log again soon (I'll be over my "red line").

I love HD's non dairy peanut butter chocolate fudge and salted chocolate fudge truffle flavors! Out of all of the new ice cream flavors I've tried recently (regular included), these are the first ones that I've bought repeats of so far. If you're looking for other non-dairy recommendations, Talenti has a couple of pretty good ones as well. Their peanut butter fudge sorbetto is very similar in taste to HD's peanut butter chocolate fudge, and is one of my favorites. Their cold brew coffee sorbetto is also delicious, as is their chocolate sorbetto. Texturally lighter than HD as they're replicating a gelato texture.

Thank you! I had no idea they made non-dairy too! We are so grateful that my wife is better (going non dairy, non gluten actually reversed her Fibromyalgia), but there are also times that she has a very hard time with doing without. I've literally watched her cry at restaurants because she can't have dairy anymore. I usually get some "oh, you *kitten*" looks from people thinking I'm the reason she's crying! No, she's crying because everyone around is eating cheese, cream, cakes, cheesecake and ice cream and she just wants to feel "normal" but dairy is something she reacts to very violently. Having other options is so important for her mental health and having an ice cream option that she actually loves is very exciting, even if just every once in a while. I'll try to find those too! Thanks!

I can only imagine how tough it must be to have to miss out on ice cream and other dairy desserts, considering that there aren't that many great alternatives yet. Haagen-Dazs and Talenti's non dairy ice creams are the best, I think because they don't rely on almond milk, rice milk, etc. for the bases, so the flavors are more pure without the noticeable taste of alternative milks that other brands tend to impart. I think we'll see the non dairy ice cream market expanding even more in the next few years - with HD releasing 4 flavors in their first foray into non dairy ice cream, they might come out with several flavors next year as well. This is Talenti's second year of non dairy ice creams (peanut butter chocolate fudge and chocolate sorbettos were released last year, cold brew coffee was a new flavor released this year) - perhaps they'll release another new non dairy flavor next year, though the direction Talenti goes in may depend on how their new lower sugar/lower calorie ice cream line does too.

Cashew milk ice cream is fantastic! I recommend those. They have been the most creamiest and delicious of the dairy free ice cream I've had. photo-2-1024x768.jpg
  • hgycta
    Options
    Noticed on Facebook Lenny & Larry has a new chocolate mint protein cookie, and it looks like Enlightened is releasing a new peanut butter inspired ice cream pint flavor soon!

I thought L and L released those like last month? They also released the "new" chocolate pb which isn't really "new". They already had PB chocolate swirl, but are now acting like PB chocolate chip is this super new flavor, lol. I wish they would have went with the apple pie and white chocolate raspberry they were talking about releasing before.

Also they messaged me on facebook asking if I want a free box because they "changed the formula" and are sending out free boxes for people to try. I'll be interested to see if they taste any different because I know a lot of people didn't like the new formula. I didn't really notice because I only eat the 2oz snickerdoodle and loved the change because more cinnamon/sugar. I'll post here if they end up tasting any different.

Admittedly I haven’t had a Lenny & Larry’s cookie in years so I’m curious on what you’ll think of the new formula!

I just tried Duncan Hines’ new Perfect Size for 1 Buttermilk Pancake mix (the ones you microwave in the mug for a minute after just adding water) and I love it! I don’t know if my taste buds are defective or what, but it tastes more like sweet cornbread to me than it does buttermilk pancakes... either way, I enjoyed it! Convenient but not revolutionary by any means, I used to make minute mug cakes all the time by scooping out just add water pancake mixes into a mug and microwaving it for 45-55 seconds.