New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    debtay123 wrote: »
    it may just be me- but I don't like the non-dairy Halo top . I bought the candy bar and don't like texture not taste

Same here. I have not liked any of them that much. I need to try enlightened dairy free but halo top was on sale 2.50 so my frugalness won lol. I hate the coconut milk taste. They should of done them with cashew milk. The chocolate hazelnut has been the best out of all but still not amazing.

Thank you, can't stand the coconut taste! But then I don't care for coconut.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    uehfep2ksya4.jpeg
    6s0rybd4e385.jpeg

Bought these... remind me of childhood. FORGOT HOW GOOD THEY ARE!!
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    giji02t11bot.jpeg
    67ikvqpho3s1.jpeg

Also, not sure if these are new flavors or not. 🧐
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    Im sad 7/11 has shut down here Id try all 3! r5ehaa09owaz.jpg

I work 10 minutes from my house and I’m not kidding when I say I drive past 4 different 7-11 stores and there’s a lot more if I drive 5 minutes further lol them and Wawas are VERY prevalent up here! Personally I’m not a huge cookie/cracker person, but I can always send people some if I find them! :) I know a couple of you have sent me stuff in the past so it’s the very least I could do to keep the generosity going!
    ktekc wrote: »
    I found Bang Coffee drinks at Walmart the other day. I like most of the regular ones but these are 140 cal per can. Anyone try these before? I can't remember if they were on here.

I never knew they had Bang versions with calories, are the flavors the same???
    5ub9a9gm00ap.png

Hershey's is rebranding the Take5 bar as Reese's Take5 (peanut butter used is Reese's).

Take 5 has always been one of my FAVORITES, does this mean they’ve always used Reese’s peanut butter in them or are they just now starting to? If it’s always been in there no wonder I’ve been obsessed all this time, but if it’s new I’m in TROUBLE.

I’m also VERY jealous of everyone who lives near this state fair!!!!
    frbfamwiy5wq.jpeg
    gtb5qwfvdtlc.jpeg

And lastly, I’m DYING to try these!!! If anyone beats me to it please report back!!!
    kv7atsigfnol.jpeg
    5fdexuf0xes5.jpeg
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I think now's the time to test if my panini press actually can make waffle cones...and then fill it with reese's peanut butter cups, haha.
  • hgycta
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I tried another flavor the PB&j. This time I warmed it up and it was 10x better. Still don’t think they taste anything like a no bake cookie lol. More like a larabar, but with crispy bits.

Also tried the hazelnut dairy free halo top. I haven’t been too crazy over any of the non dairy ones. But this flavor was pretty good. I loved the swirls of hazelnut throughout. The chocolate hazelnut flavor was strong so I didn’t taste much of the coconut milk base. I think that’s why I liked it. A lot of the others have a weird coconut milk ice cream taste. hjo89yiopm28.jpeg
    kiwpc2u2352c.jpeg
    giadcuvk1wi3.jpeg
    syhhu8ikxn2j.jpeg
    The only other non dairy one I’ve liked was candy bar.

I hated the dairy free pints of Halo Top because of the pea protein (which enlightened doesn’t use and probably explains why I loved theirs), but I REALLY wish Halo Top would release that chocolate hazelnut flavor in their regular dairy lineup!!!! It looks AMAZING.
    apullum wrote: »
    We bought some of the Trader Joe’s ube ice cream yesterday, but it’s gone now :)

Ube ice cream is salty and sweet. The closest thing I can think of is salted caramel. I think it would also be nice with crushed Oreos on top. The Trader Joe’s version has a very creamy consistency—it was still pretty soft even after being in the freezer overnight. I enjoyed it, and it’s definitely better than driving an hour to the nearest ice cream shop where I’ve found that flavor, but it’s not something I crave all the time. If you’re into salty/sweet flavors, I would recommend it.

Thank you!!!! Everyone in my family loves taro/purple ube stuff, but I think it’s interesting how everyone comprehends its flavor a little differently! To me its always reminded me of a vanilla/peanut butter/cornbread combination, my dad says it reminds him of buttered popcorn jelly beans, and my boyfriend always told me it reminded him of the crispy rice Korean snacks, which I’ve never had so I can’t comment on!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    apullum wrote: »
    We bought some of the Trader Joe’s ube ice cream yesterday, but it’s gone now :)

Ube ice cream is salty and sweet. The closest thing I can think of is salted caramel. I think it would also be nice with crushed Oreos on top. The Trader Joe’s version has a very creamy consistency—it was still pretty soft even after being in the freezer overnight. I enjoyed it, and it’s definitely better than driving an hour to the nearest ice cream shop where I’ve found that flavor, but it’s not something I crave all the time. If you’re into salty/sweet flavors, I would recommend it.

Thank you!!!! Everyone in my family loves taro/purple ube stuff, but I think it’s interesting how everyone comprehends its flavor a little differently! To me its always reminded me of a vanilla/peanut butter/cornbread combination, my dad says it reminds him of buttered popcorn jelly beans, and my boyfriend always told me it reminded him of the crispy rice Korean snacks, which I’ve never had so I can’t comment on!

I can kinda see those comparisons. If you’ve had the Enlightened movie night flavor, it’s a little like that.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    44mc9qucq19i.png
  • redcase
    redcase Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Why do other countries have such cool flavors!

Being in Canada, I feel like this about everything that's posted here.

I wish there was a Canadian version of this thread!

• hgycta
    Options

I work 10 minutes from my house and I’m not kidding when I say I drive past 4 different 7-11 stores and there’s a lot more if I drive 5 minutes further lol them and Wawas are VERY prevalent up here! Personally I’m not a huge cookie/cracker person, but I can always send people some if I find them! :) I know a couple of you have sent me stuff in the past so it’s the very least I could do to keep the generosity going!
    I found Bang Coffee drinks at Walmart the other day. I like most of the regular ones but these are 140 cal per can. Anyone try these before? I can't remember if they were on here.

5ub9a9gm00ap.png

Hershey's is rebranding the Take5 bar as Reese's Take5 (peanut butter used is Reese's).

Take 5 has always been one of my FAVORITES, does this mean they’ve always used Reese’s peanut butter in them or are they just now starting to? If it’s always been in there no wonder I’ve been obsessed all this time, but if it’s new I’m in TROUBLE.

frbfamwiy5wq.jpeg
    gtb5qwfvdtlc.jpeg

And lastly, I’m DYING to try these!!! If anyone beats me to it please report back!!!
    kv7atsigfnol.jpeg
    5fdexuf0xes5.jpeg

Re: Hershey's Take5... they've always used Reese's! That's why they are rebranding, because they want to make that a selling point :)

Also, re: MN State Fair... there's always so much hype around the new foods, but honestly the best IMO are cheese curds, corn on the cob, pronto pups and SWEET MARTHA'S!!!

I wasn’t sure what cheese curds were, but when I googled it, it was NOT what I expected haha
    e287k7xc90oq.jpeg
    I work with someone from Canada though and she says they’re supposedly REALLY good in caramel?? o.o
    44mc9qucq19i.png

Me want. I can handle the mini size. I hope the cotton candy topping is cotton candy flavored and not the weird bubblegum flavor that likes to pretend it's cotton candy.

EXACTLY my thoughts!!!
    OkieGina wrote: »

I've tried some at my gym. They were good, but nothing spectacular. I used it for a post-workout energy and protein burst. (I think mine was labelled keto-coffee, but the nutrition guy said it wasn't really keto. I didn't care one way or the other.

@hgycta – I’ve only see Bang coffee drinks with calories – no coffee without calories or the other flavors with calories.

Oooh I forgot about the Keto coffee flavors!!! Yeah, I tried those and was NOT a fan. Tasted awful in my opinion!
  • pancakerunner
    Options

5ub9a9gm00ap.png

frbfamwiy5wq.jpeg
    gtb5qwfvdtlc.jpeg

kv7atsigfnol.jpeg
    5fdexuf0xes5.jpeg

Re: Hershey's Take5... they've always used Reese's! That's why they are rebranding, because they want to make that a selling point :)

Also, re: MN State Fair... there's always so much hype around the new foods, but honestly the best IMO are cheese curds, corn on the cob, pronto pups and SWEET MARTHA'S!!!

I wasn’t sure what cheese curds were, but when I googled it, it was NOT what I expected haha
    e287k7xc90oq.jpeg
    I work with someone from Canada though and she says they’re supposedly REALLY good in caramel?? o.o
    44mc9qucq19i.png

Me want. I can handle the mini size. I hope the cotton candy topping is cotton candy flavored and not the weird bubblegum flavor that likes to pretend it's cotton candy.

EXACTLY my thoughts!!!

I've tried some at my gym. They were good, but nothing spectacular. I used it for a post-workout energy and protein burst. (I think mine was labelled keto-coffee, but the nutrition guy said it wasn't really keto. I didn't care one way or the other.

@hgycta – I’ve only see Bang coffee drinks with calories – no coffee without calories or the other flavors with calories.

Oooh I forgot about the Keto coffee flavors!!! Yeah, I tried those and was NOT a fan. Tasted awful in my opinion!

Wait, you didn't know what CHEESE CURDS WERE?!
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    oh man cheese curds. must be fresh and make a squeaky sound while you eat them. never tried with caramel... or heard of that (I'm along the quebec border)

shoot now i want poutine...

e287k7xc90oq.jpeg
    44mc9qucq19i.png

• hgycta
    Options

5ub9a9gm00ap.png

frbfamwiy5wq.jpeg
    gtb5qwfvdtlc.jpeg

kv7atsigfnol.jpeg
    5fdexuf0xes5.jpeg

e287k7xc90oq.jpeg
    44mc9qucq19i.png

EXACTLY my thoughts!!!

Wait, you didn't know what CHEESE CURDS WERE?!

...no... o///o
    I’m in Maryland we don’t have anything like that here!!! .-. I’m still not entirely sure what it is still and I’m ambivalent as to how I feel about the idea of it xD