New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    I opened Arctic Zero’s cookie & brownie dough pint expecting not to be impressed after seeing how simple it looked. To my surprise, it’s my second favorite so far (Toffee Crunch isn’t going to be beat for a long time probably). The texture of the ice cream is perfect and it feels like actual ice cream, it’s a lot creamier than that Blueberry Cobbler Halo Top pint I had. I can also see where people say Halo Top is more artificial because having these pints before and after Halo Top really opens my eyes some. The vanilla base is very sweet and doesn’t taste fake nor bland in the slightest. I feel like I’m eating Turkey Hill or Edy’s vanilla ice cream. The brownie and cookie dough pieces are very plentiful but surprisingly are less satisfying than the vanilla base itself. They taste kind of weird and have an aftertaste I REALLY don’t like, but I don’t know where it’s coming from since the ingredients list LOOKS normal. Still, it’s a really good pint! 8/10, without the aftertaste in the cookie dough and brownie dough pieces it would’ve been 10/10. But nothing can beat the toffee.
    ivz4fan7lq80.jpeg
    I opened Arctic Zero’s cookie & brownie dough pint expecting not to be impressed after seeing how simple it looked. To my surprise, it’s my second favorite so far (Toffee Crunch isn’t going to be beat for a long time probably). The texture of the ice cream is perfect and it feels like actual ice cream, it’s a lot creamier than that Blueberry Cobbler Halo Top pint I had. I can also see where people say Halo Top is more artificial because having these pints before and after Halo Top really opens my eyes some. The vanilla base is very sweet and doesn’t taste fake nor bland in the slightest. I feel like I’m eating Turkey Hill or Edy’s vanilla ice cream. The brownie and cookie dough pieces are very plentiful but surprisingly are less satisfying than the vanilla base itself. They taste kind of weird and have an aftertaste I REALLY don’t like, but I don’t know where it’s coming from since the ingredients list LOOKS normal. Still, it’s a really good pint! 8/10, without the aftertaste in the cookie dough and brownie dough pieces it would’ve been 10/10. But nothing can beat the toffee.
    ivz4fan7lq80.jpeg

I picked up the toffee one and the chocolate chunk recently - and holy crap the chocolate chunk was awesome! Not AS creamy and delicious as full-fat ice cream, but a really impressive low-cal option. Decent amount of chunks, too.

Probably going to try the toffee tomorrow, and then I’ll be trying out the ProYo’s I found later this week.

~Lyssa
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited April 2018
    145b66b0a71a6706e97702c65facf5cd--cake-batter-birthday-cakes.jpg
    Just tried these, surprisingly very moist and cake like texture (not too rich either). Mmmmm loaded with glycerin goodness
    I know quest gets a good amount of both love and hate, but this product is quite remarkable, 9/10
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    I can't remember if I reviewed this (sorry the thread is so long that I tend to forget)

spinach-artichoke-hand-pie-61603.png

Not sure how new this is since I found it at the Grocery Outlet for $1.99 (pretty sure Giant had it for $3.99-$4.99). Very good! I said this is a gourmet Hot Pocket (you only get one in the box, but it's a decent size). The outer dough reminds me of the stromboli my school would make in high school. Inside is jam packed with spinach, artichokes, & cheese!

The description from the website

"Spinach Artichoke Hand Pie
    Who’s got three cheeses? This hand pie. Count ‘em: mozzarella, Parmesan, and white cheddar. Also, nothing goes better with cheeses than spinach and artichokes. Just saying."

That looks amazing! How big is it and how many calories?
    busyPK wrote: »
    I found these two and have tried them both. I give the Mint My Cookies 8/10 and PB & Fudge 5/10. I enjoy mint chip ice cream typically, and enjoyed the bits of cookies in it. Though there isn't a ton of mix ins throughout, the base was good alone and I enjoyed it. PB & Fudge was a disappointment. Mix-in's sucked imo. I won't buy that one again, but would buy the mint.

cq3ihfkzdvaa.jpg5781709nrxhc.jpg

Thanks for the review! I'm on the other end of the spectrum; I don't normally care for mint ice cream, but peanut butter is my greatest downfall. I searched Safeway for these today and didn't see them, but I probably would have ended up buying the PB & Fudge flavor, so I appreciate the heads up! Was it a disappointment because it lacked flavor (nothing breaks my heart more like "peanut butter" flavored products that hardly taste much like peanut butter), or were the mix-ins just artifical/weird tasting? I'm curious what the other flavors are like... if you try any more let us know how they do!

It's 480 calories for the hand pie.

There's also mac & cheese

https://www.wickedkitchen.com/mac-and-cheese-products
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    ivz4fan7lq80.jpeg
    ivz4fan7lq80.jpeg

I picked up the toffee one and the chocolate chunk recently - and holy crap the chocolate chunk was awesome! Not AS creamy and delicious as full-fat ice cream, but a really impressive low-cal option. Decent amount of chunks, too.

Probably going to try the toffee tomorrow, and then I’ll be trying out the ProYo’s I found later this week.

~Lyssa

I’ll probably try the chocolate chunk tonight then! I kept putting it off because it sounded less exciting, so that’s good to know I was wrong! As for the toffee, you are going to LOVE it!!!!! As for the ProYo, I’ve tried the vanilla and chocolate and imo they’re not nearly as good. More calories for something not as good, but if you got the peanut butter one I’ve been dying to know how well they did on that one!

I can't remember if I reviewed this (sorry the thread is so long that I tend to forget)

Not sure how new this is since I found it at the Grocery Outlet for $1.99 (pretty sure Giant had it for $3.99-$4.99). Very good! I said this is a gourmet Hot Pocket (you only get one in the box, but it's a decent size). The outer dough reminds me of the stromboli my school would make in high school. Inside is jam packed with spinach, artichokes, & cheese!

Who’s got three cheeses? This hand pie. Count ‘em: mozzarella, Parmesan, and white cheddar. Also, nothing goes better with cheeses than spinach and artichokes. Just saying."

I found these two and have tried them both. I give the Mint My Cookies 8/10 and PB & Fudge 5/10. I enjoy mint chip ice cream typically, and enjoyed the bits of cookies in it. Though there isn't a ton of mix ins throughout, the base was good alone and I enjoyed it. PB & Fudge was a disappointment. Mix-in's sucked imo. I won't buy that one again, but would buy the mint.

Thanks for the review! I'm on the other end of the spectrum; I don't normally care for mint ice cream, but peanut butter is my greatest downfall. I searched Safeway for these today and didn't see them, but I probably would have ended up buying the PB & Fudge flavor, so I appreciate the heads up! Was it a disappointment because it lacked flavor (nothing breaks my heart more like "peanut butter" flavored products that hardly taste much like peanut butter), or were the mix-ins just artifical/weird tasting? I'm curious what the other flavors are like... if you try any more let us know how they do!

Thanks, that’s not nearly as bad as I was thinking it was!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    ivz4fan7lq80.jpeg
    ivz4fan7lq80.jpeg

~Lyssa

I’ll probably try the chocolate chunk tonight then! I kept putting it off because it sounded less exciting, so that’s good to know I was wrong! As for the toffee, you are going to LOVE it!!!!! As for the ProYo, I’ve tried the vanilla and chocolate and imo they’re not nearly as good. More calories for something not as good, but if you got the peanut butter one I’ve been dying to know how well they did on that one!

Thanks, that’s not nearly as bad as I was thinking it was!

I found ProYo to be very bland & boring too be honest. Nothing remarkable.
  • hgycta
    @Noreenmarie1234 Did you ever get around to ordering those protein bars from Linda's Diet DeLites? I noticed they're sold out on the website but I got an email from netrition.com and noticed they had a brand with protein bars that looked IDENTICAL and the calories were the same, too.

I emailed Linda's Diet Delites about this and they wrote back:
    EMAIL 1
    "The Linda's protein bars were basically a formula that was bought from another company, but we will not be ordering these again because they were not popular enough to bring back in stock.

That said, you might find that Netrition sells the same product because that formula specifically is open for almost anyone to purchase. The manufacturer just adds your company name to the product packaging, which is why it was listed as 'Linda's Diet Delites Protein Bars'.

However the recipe was bough by another manufacturer, so you are most likely going to be able to find them elsewhere.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns"

EMAIL 2
    "In fact, I just took a look at Netrition's site and these are the exact same bars that we sold: https://www2.netrition.com/sensato-protein-bars.html
    Sensato has indeed added their name to the packaging, which is what we did as well.

I can't believe it!!!!! They're $12.95 on netrition's website versus $19.99 on Linda's website, so looks like I'll be saving money from now on! Figured you might like to know... I didn't even know companies could do something like that!!!
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Tried the Pad Thai miracle noodle kitchen pouch from Walmart. It’s very rare for me to throw away something because it’s so bad, but I could hardly stomach a single bite. The noodles didn’t have a chance to bother me, the sauce ruined it first. It smells bad and tastes worse. I give it a 0/10 and tried pushing it off to my dad (who LOVES pad thai) and he gagged then said on a scale from 1-10 he’d give it a negative 5.

I threw it out too. Horrible.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited April 2018
    Tried the Pad Thai miracle noodle kitchen pouch from Walmart. It’s very rare for me to throw away something because it’s so bad, but I could hardly stomach a single bite. The noodles didn’t have a chance to bother me, the sauce ruined it first. It smells bad and tastes worse. I give it a 0/10 and tried pushing it off to my dad (who LOVES pad thai) and he gagged then said on a scale from 1-10 he’d give it a negative 5.

Guess I won't be buying that one LOL! The spaghetti one had like no actual sauce on it, it was not even red or like real spaghetti sauce, I had to add my own. But once I added sauce it was good. Might not be easier than just making your own noodles and adding sauce, but for some reason when I try cooking them myself they have a terrible texture (even after boiling 2x and pan frying) and the ones in the package were better. I bought the bolognese to try so we'll see if those are any good.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    @Noreenmarie1234 Did you ever get around to ordering those protein bars from Linda's Diet DeLites? I noticed they're sold out on the website but I got an email from netrition.com and noticed they had a brand with protein bars that looked IDENTICAL and the calories were the same, too.

I emailed Linda's Diet Delites about this and they wrote back:
    EMAIL 1
    "The Linda's protein bars were basically a formula that was bought from another company, but we will not be ordering these again because they were not popular enough to bring back in stock.

That said, you might find that Netrition sells the same product because that formula specifically is open for almost anyone to purchase. The manufacturer just adds your company name to the product packaging, which is why it was listed as 'Linda's Diet Delites Protein Bars'.

However the recipe was bough by another manufacturer, so you are most likely going to be able to find them elsewhere.

EMAIL 2
    "In fact, I just took a look at Netrition's site and these are the exact same bars that we sold: https://www2.netrition.com/sensato-protein-bars.html
    Sensato has indeed added their name to the packaging, which is what we did as well.

I can't believe it!!!!! They're $12.95 on netrition's website versus $19.99 on Linda's website, so looks like I'll be saving money from now on! Figured you might like to know... I didn't even know companies could do something like that!!!

I did and LOVED them! Thank you that is way cheaper. Since they were so expensive after I finished the box I didn't plan to order anymore, but now I just may.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    I like hot pockets and lean pockets, so did I like these? Yes. Did I like them enough to say they’re worth getting over a different flavor? No.
    Not nearly as exciting as I had hoped for. They didn’t taste as indulgent as the long description featuring turkey, cranberries, cheddar, Dijon, in a pretzel crust made it sound. I was hoping for something reminding me of Thanksgiving leftovers kicked up a notch, but it’s just a typical Lean Pocket. There were at best 1-2 cranberries per sandwich and the Dijon wasn’t distributed very evenly. The pretzel crust was good, but wasn’t salty enough for my liking and didn’t even look like pretzel crust, really. The picture does it more justice than it deserves, but if nothing else it’s enjoyable.
    vfeytnrt5how.jpeg
    mbepj3bsq3zg.jpeg

The pocket part looks exactly like the regular pockets, not even like a pretzel at all. I was imagining real pretzel bread with the texture of a pretzel bagel. Thanks for review, won't be trying.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    edited April 2018
    ivz4fan7lq80.jpeg
    ivz4fan7lq80.jpeg

~Lyssa

Okay, I fibbed, I picked up the peanut butter and chocolate cookies, not the toffee.

I've seen so many ads for the Dairy Queen peanut butter & cookie dough blizzard that I've seriously been considering blowing a zillion calories on it, but this has scratched the itch!

Again, not as creamily delicious as regular ice cream, and this pint was a little "crunchy" - like it had thawed some and then re-froze - but still really good. I like the chocolate chunk better so far.

If they keep releasing pints like this, I'll like them better than Halo Top!

I picked up the Dark Chocolate Toffee and Salted Caramel Crunch ProYo's - they were $3.50 per pint, so unless the taste is AWFUL, it won't be a waste.

Can't wait for AZ to be on a better sale, lol.

~Lyssa
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited April 2018
    Tried the dunkin donuts new brown sugar chipotle croissant sandwich. The bacon had a nice maple sugar coating. It was like candied bacon. If you don't like the sweet and salty combo you won't like, but I LOVE the combination. I know some people don't like the whole sweet and meat together, but just like mcdonalds mcgriddles I think it delicious. 640 calories though for a sandwich is a little too high for me, but once in awhile I crave something like this and it hit the spot. I would definitely buy again if it wasn't so high in calories. My boyfriend also loved it and said he is going to get extra bacon next time, lol.

x46dbxzvruq8.png

• missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 580 Member
    I happened to spot Ben and Jerry's new limited edition Gimme S'mores flavor the other day and had to get it. This flavor is very good. The toasted marshmallow ice cream has an almost caramel like flavor, and the cookie swirls and graham cracker swirls are delicious, texturally interesting, and plentiful. The fudge flakes are fine but a bit unnecessary - I'd rather have more of those delicious swirls.
    wlm7hxp1xrof.jpg
  • hgycta
    ivz4fan7lq80.jpeg
    ivz4fan7lq80.jpeg

~Lyssa

Okay, I fibbed, I picked up the peanut butter and chocolate cookies, not the toffee.

I've seen so many ads for the Dairy Queen peanut butter & cookie dough blizzard that I've seriously been considering blowing a zillion calories on it, but this has scratched the itch!

Again, not as creamily delicious as regular ice cream, and this pint was a little "crunchy" - like it had thawed some and then re-froze - but still really good. I like the chocolate chunk better so far.

If they keep releasing pints like this, I'll like them better than Halo Top!

I picked up the Dark Chocolate Toffee and Salted Caramel Crunch ProYo's - they were $3.50 per pint, so unless the taste is AWFUL, it won't be a waste.

Can't wait for AZ to be on a better sale, lol.

~Lyssa

I wasn’t as crazy about the peanut butter & chocolate cookies, especially not after trying the toffee pint you have to find that one!!!
    I’m eating the chocolate chunk now and it’s good, but not my favorite at all. As I’ve probably stated too many times now, I’m not a huge chocolate chip person so it kind of got annoying, although the texture was great yet again. Delicious chocolate base, I just wish the pieces of chocolate were softer, I like soft, chewier mix-ins.
    Those ProYo flavors sound DELICIOUS, I can’t wait to hear what you think of them! Good price, too! Unfortunately I rarely ever see Arctic Zero go on sale so I’m not getting too hopeful about that :/

jhs66zwjfqtq.jpeg

I couldn’t upload this before because MyFitnessPal was acting funny, but this was AZ’s toffee pint. It’s a shame I didn’t get a better picture (I opened it before watching a movie with my family) because the further down I went the more swirls and toffee pieces there were! It was AMAZING.
    mo37sudv7dib.jpeg

On Junk Banter’s instagram there’s a picture of Enlightened’s peanut butter marshmallow pint... the picture inside is killing me... it looks like they used a marshmallow base and added peanut butter swirls this time!!!! It looks flawless and Junk Banter said it’s in their top 5 flavors for Enlightened! Ugh!

Tried the dunkin donuts new brown sugar chipotle croissant sandwich. The bacon had a nice maple sugar coating. It was like candied bacon. If you don't like the sweet and salty combo you won't like, but I LOVE the combination. I know some people don't like the whole sweet and meat together, but just like mcdonalds mcgriddles I think it delicious. 640 calories though for a sandwich is a little too high for me, but once in awhile I crave something like this and it hit the spot. I would definitely buy again if it wasn't so high in calories. My boyfriend also loved it and said he is going to get extra bacon next time, lol.

x46dbxzvruq8.png

Yikes, that is a lot of calories in a small breakfast sandwich! I don’t think anything can top their pretzel croissant sandwich they had a while back... they need to bring that back just as badly as Little Caesar’s needs to bring back their pretzel crust pizza!
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Halo Top just added a bunch of new flavors to their non-dairy line. Snagged Birthday Cake tonight at Target. I love it. Hubby thinks it tastes the way Play-Doh smells lol
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    145b66b0a71a6706e97702c65facf5cd--cake-batter-birthday-cakes.jpg
    Just tried these, surprisingly very moist and cake like texture (not too rich either). Mmmmm loaded with glycerin goodness
    I know quest gets a good amount of both love and hate, but this product is quite remarkable, 9/10

*whoops, my mistake...these are made by oh yeah...packaging just screams quest from the signature baby blue coloring
  • kellyjellybellyjelly

x46dbxzvruq8.png

That looks yummy.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    free ice cream coupon http://woobox.com/73ga8c