New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    4a1net08nrel.jpg
    Ben and Jerry's new truffles line has been a bit disappointing. The caramel cheesecake one was too sweet, and the coffee one isn't impressive either. The ice cream was a bit on the bland side with not much coffee flavor. The coffee liqueur truffles had that fake coffee taste and weren't good. I'd stick with the limited edition Gimme S'more flavor, which was great and much better than the truffles line.

Wow, this was the one flavor I was really wanting to try! Thanks for that warning, nothing is worse than having to throw out ice cream or shovel down a 200+ calorie serving of it because you don't want to waste it!

Also, my brother was in Target and called me when he saw the Sweet Habit Ice Cream (I told him to just look for the penguin) so I had him pick it up for me. He said it was $5.99, which is about what Halo Top or Enlightened normally cost from there so I didn’t think about it too much.
    Well, when he came home I couldn’t believe my eyes! This thing is MASSIVE! It looks like a pint, but it’s actually a quart (2 pints)! There goes my portioning! I’ll probably try it tomorrow but for those who have tried these already - are they ALL this big or does my Target just sell larger containers?

I saw online both one and two pint but in person have only seen the two pint ones. It was a surprise find too. The pb one was okay but feels like it is missing something, either more pb or more fudge. I might melt a little pb, half a serving, and add it since I still have over half the container left, which should be two more servings at least for me.
  • emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I've only seen the Sweet Habit Ice Cream in the larger, 2 pint containers. And for that price, get it! My local grocery store was selling it for nearly $10 which is why I've stayed away from it so long!
  • kellymccrea1
    kellymccrea1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    They revamped the ice cream aisle at my Walmart. It wasn’t on my shopping list, but when I went past the aisle, I could tell that it was reorganized and fully stocked. I couldn’t resist. They had Ben & Jerry’s new lower calorie pints and Talenti vanilla cinnamon and mint cookie which I don’t like mint so didn’t get it. I got a few of the B&J and the one Talenti one. They also had the “new” Halo Top flavors and the non dairy ones, which even though they’re not new anymore, I kind of live in a new product desert, so it was exciting to see new things nonetheless. The only thing they didn’t have was the new Arctic Zero pints. I have higher calorie dinners planned this week, so I won’t be able to fit a Talenti or B&J pint this week, but maybe next week. I’ll try and review then. crt22ex6yqit.jpeg
    6tdjlcvjeqrx.jpeg
    x1mk7cr6ebxu.jpeg
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    0qotbz24g6ox.jpeg
    hmk7gnuve2zv.jpeg
    q5tl3m1v8gir.jpeg
    8ps9zgwo5o3m.jpeg
    My boyfriends family is gluten free dairy free, so my boyfriend picked up a bunch of these flax 4 life products I've never seen before to have when they came over. I took some photos before because they would have thought I was weird. I didn't end up trying the carrot muffins or the regular brownie bites, we let them take those home. I didn't have high hopes because I find prepackaged cakes to be mediocre at best, but these were actually quite good.

The carrot cake was delicious. I have had homemade gluten free carrot cake and it was just as good. It was surprisingly moist and had the perfect balance of cinnamon spice. The only thing I wish it had was more frosting because I like my carrot cake with a huge 2inch thick layer of the good stuff, lol. I was surprised it was non dairy. 200 calories for a small slice. If I had to eat dairy free gluten free (and it wasn't too expensive) I probably would buy this a lot because it was so good.

The chocolate was good as well, but not as amazing. it looked better than it tasted. It was very, very chocolaty and I think it may have been better heated up a few seconds to let the chocolate shavings melt. It would have been 10x better. The cake part was your average pre-made chocolate cake. It was a little dry, but the plethora of chocolate shavings on top saved it. I had a hard time believing one slice was only 220 calories with all the chocolate shavings on top. Would of been delicious warmed up.

The blueberry muffins were terrible. Very dry and bland tasting. They were gritty and did not have a strong blueberry flavor at all, they tasted like cardboard. Very strange grainy taste, I only had a bite and didn't want the rest.

Loved the chocolate cherry brownie bites. They had a nice chocolate flavor and this time I heated one up for 10 seconds. 130 calories for a small bite though.

That looks AMAZING!!!! Where did he buy them from??
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    0qotbz24g6ox.jpeg
    hmk7gnuve2zv.jpeg
    q5tl3m1v8gir.jpeg
    8ps9zgwo5o3m.jpeg
    My boyfriends family is gluten free dairy free, so my boyfriend picked up a bunch of these flax 4 life products I've never seen before to have when they came over. I took some photos before because they would have thought I was weird. I didn't end up trying the carrot muffins or the regular brownie bites, we let them take those home. I didn't have high hopes because I find prepackaged cakes to be mediocre at best, but these were actually quite good.

The carrot cake was delicious. I have had homemade gluten free carrot cake and it was just as good. It was surprisingly moist and had the perfect balance of cinnamon spice. The only thing I wish it had was more frosting because I like my carrot cake with a huge 2inch thick layer of the good stuff, lol. I was surprised it was non dairy. 200 calories for a small slice. If I had to eat dairy free gluten free (and it wasn't too expensive) I probably would buy this a lot because it was so good.

The chocolate was good as well, but not as amazing. it looked better than it tasted. It was very, very chocolaty and I think it may have been better heated up a few seconds to let the chocolate shavings melt. It would have been 10x better. The cake part was your average pre-made chocolate cake. It was a little dry, but the plethora of chocolate shavings on top saved it. I had a hard time believing one slice was only 220 calories with all the chocolate shavings on top. Would of been delicious warmed up.

The blueberry muffins were terrible. Very dry and bland tasting. They were gritty and did not have a strong blueberry flavor at all, they tasted like cardboard. Very strange grainy taste, I only had a bite and didn't want the rest.

Loved the chocolate cherry brownie bites. They had a nice chocolate flavor and this time I heated one up for 10 seconds. 130 calories for a small bite though.

That looks AMAZING!!!! Where did he buy them from??

A small chain of health food stores called Earth Fare. I have never seen in regular grocery stores, but I know they are in some shop n saves or a lot of small health food stores. We had some coupons too because the company sends out coupons if you ask them. ;)
  • dmegk5
    dmegk5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Am catching up with what others have posted but my sister pointed out Dole salad kits recently. I have also seen Ore-Ida Just Crack an Egg. I haven't tried either yet but am planning on going to the store today and will try to find them. Both seem good for quick, healthier meals that can be taken on-the-go which is good for me.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I like the just crack an egg. I put southwest eggbeaters in them instead of an egg though.
  • hgycta
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I actually really enjoyed this Sweet Habit ice cream. I thought the peanut butter flavor was very distinct and more noticeable than Halo Top’s. It was also sweet enough, although a very slight bitter aftertaste from the stevia if you concentrate. I would buy this one over HT, but definitely not over Enlightened since there weren’t hard chunks of peanut butter like I enjoy. My only real complaint is how hard it freezes, I had to put it in the microwave for close to a full minute to get it soft enough to scoop out into two pint size containers for portioning. I’m too impatient to go through that again, so I’ll only buy it once I start seeing the individual pint containers.
    de0o36tc8k1b.jpeg
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Anyone besides me enjoy the Skinny Cow ice cream pints? The rocky road is AMAZING! Plenty of small marshmallows and nuts and the chocolate base ice cream is very tasty. It's more calories than others (370 calories), but I was easily able to eat just half in a serving. A+
  • hgycta
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »
    Anyone besides me enjoy the Skinny Cow ice cream pints? The rocky road is AMAZING! Plenty of small marshmallows and nuts and the chocolate base ice cream is very tasty. It's more calories than others (370 calories), but I was easily able to eat just half in a serving. A+

I want to try it but I’ve never seen them go on sale, I keep hoping one day Shoprite will mark it down!!
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    @busyPK just had the skinny cow oh fudge cookie pint! It's really good. Lots of cookie bits and flavor. Will try the rocky road tomorrow!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

I want to try it but I’ve never seen them go on sale, I keep hoping one day Shoprite will mark it down!!

Do you have Grocery Outlet? I found two pints for $1.49.

The Fudgetastic Java & the Oh Fudge Cookie. Personally I didn't care for the flavors because it felt bland compared to Enlightened, Halo Top, & even Breyers.
  • hgycta
    Options

Do you have Grocery Outlet? I found two pints for $1.49.

The Fudgetastic Java & the Oh Fudge Cookie. Personally I didn't care for the flavors because it felt bland compared to Enlightened, Halo Top, & even Breyers.

I went to their website to look at the ingredients and it doesn’t look like they use erythritol, just stevia; personally I like erythritol more than stevia so I don’t know how I feel about just stevia in ice cream alone, maybe that’s why it wasn’t as sweet?
    Unfortunately where I live in Maryland isn’t near any Grocery Outlets :( heck I don’t even live near a Kroger! I’ll confess, I recently bought some Pancakes & Syrup kroger exclusive peeps on eBay because I decided I couldn’t let myself miss out on that...
    I noticed yesterday Target sells the Skinny Cow pints for about $3.99 which is the best I’ve seen it (Shoprite, Giant, and Safeway all sell it for around $5.99 here). I wrote to Skinny Cow to see if they’ll send any coupons, but if not I might just cave and try one from Target.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I don't know how new these are but they're new to me and so good!

307adk6g5eew.jpg