New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I don’t know how many of you have been following the whole new ruby chocolate thing, but it’s supposedly a new type of chocolate sold exclusively in Japan... and eBay.
    I bought one for $15 (I’m ashamed, yes), and while I enjoyed it, it’s definitely not something I’ll get again (even if it were regular price). It’s tart and fruity but reminds me of yogurt, not chocolate. I don’t recommend anyone here spend their money on custom ordering it (although to be honest, I’m probably the only person here who would resort to that).

I spent $18 on 2 packages of the elusive Girl Scout Trios cookies on ebay.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    @hgycta I only ate a few bites of it yesterday since I liked the Enlightened much more. I didn't notice any chunks of cream, mainly chunks of cookie. It tasted a lot like cookie, which, for me, is a good thing, because the vanilla ice cream had a definitely aftertaste from the sweeteners. I'll have to let you know once I've had a chance to eat more than a few bites though. I think I'll try thawing it more too, just to get rid of the bit of iciness that it has.

hjoadvjz1y9c.jpg

jzjycxbrzt3n.jpg
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    @hgycta I only ate a few bites of it yesterday since I liked the Enlightened much more. I didn't notice any chunks of cream, mainly chunks of cookie. It tasted a lot like cookie, which, for me, is a good thing, because the vanilla ice cream had a definitely aftertaste from the sweeteners. I'll have to let you know once I've had a chance to eat more than a few bites though. I think I'll try thawing it more too, just to get rid of the bit of iciness that it has.

hjoadvjz1y9c.jpg

jzjycxbrzt3n.jpg

It looks just like my pint of Cookies & Cream Breyer's Delights honestly xD
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    I finally was able to try the Enlightened pints. The only place near my side of the city that carries them is Whole Foods, which I generally avoid because of how expensive it is. I bit the bullet yesterday though, because I had the free coupon for a pint of Slim Twin (and, of course, WF is the only place to get them).

I decided to try the cold brew coffee flavor since that's probably my favorite flavor of ice cream. You can definitely taste the erythritol in it, but it wasn't so overwhelming as to cause me not to enjoy it. In fact, I like it much better than any light ice cream I've tried thus far. I ate the pint last night, and I'll probably hit up WF every once in a while for a treat (at $4.50/pint I really can't justify buying it often).

I went for cookies & cream on the Slim Twin. It's not nearly as creamy as the Enlightened, and I found the monk fruit flavor a little off-putting. I'll finish the pint, because the multitudinous cookie pieces make it worth it for me, but I wouldn't go back for another.

That’s a shame it wasn’t as creamy, I’ve been dying to try Slim Twin but there’s no Whole Foods anywhere near me whatsoever :/ did it taste more like cookies or more like its cream? I can overlook texture if the flavor is really good and has any chunks of cream....

I went to Shoprite and noticed this ice cream, has anyone tried it? I was a little tempted, but for that price I wasn’t sure if I wanted to spend the money (and calories) trying it....
    ryl4pcv0x47e.jpeg

I've tried Coolhaus before - the molten chocolate flavor and one with a S'mores flavor. Honestly, it tasted fine but not worth the calories in my opinion. It's a better quality than something like Breyer's but not as good as Häagen-Dazs. It was worth trying once, but I wouldn't get the brand again. That might vary depending on different flavors, though.
  • hgycta
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I tried the peanut butter marshmallow pint twice and after letting it thaw honestly, I never lose that marshmallow taste! However, I lost the buttery popcorn taste in this pint very quickly surprisingly. It wasn’t a match for the overpowering caramel swirl, which personally I think is too heavy on the sugar alcohols. I was hoping for chocolate swirls, not chunks, and overall it just tastes like a crunchier version of the salted caramel, not a popcorn flavor at all. I won’t be getting this one again, and for being one of their higher calorie pints I’m surprised they didn’t execute it better! I was hoping it’d be more like Ben & Jerry’s Late Night Snack flavor (which I think is what they were going for), but they should seriously change the ingredients in the caramel swirl to make it less fake tasting. At least they’re generous with it.
    h2uszrx54upn.jpeg
    156n4tcbo5ym.jpeg
  • glassyo
    Options
    Soooooo the Enlightened's Cold Brew vs Halo Top's Caramel Macchiato. What's the coffee taste sitch on the Enlightened?
  • hgycta
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Soooooo the Enlightened's Cold Brew vs Halo Top's Caramel Macchiato. What's the coffee taste sitch on the Enlightened?

It honestly depends. I think Halo Top’s is better if I’m looking for something sweeter/more dessert-like. Enlightened’s is more coffee-forward and balanced with a much better texture requiring more time to thaw first. Halo Top’s caramel macchiato is my favorite flavor by that company without a doubt and is my choice of dessert, but I normally eat Enlightened’s cold brew pint earlier on in the day since it gives me a slight buzz. If you’ve ever had Chick-fil-A’s frosted coffee, that’s what Enlightened’s pint tastes like in my opinion!
  • glassyo
    Options

It honestly depends. I think Halo Top’s is better if I’m looking for something sweeter/more dessert-like. Enlightened’s is more coffee-forward and balanced with a much better texture requiring more time to thaw first. Halo Top’s caramel macchiato is my favorite flavor by that company without a doubt and is my choice of dessert, but I normally eat Enlightened’s cold brew pint earlier on in the day since it gives me a slight buzz. If you’ve ever had Chick-fil-A’s frosted coffee, that’s what Enlightened’s pint tastes like in my opinion!

I really liked Halo Top's because the coffee flavor was so subtle and it definitely reminded me of "real" coffee ice cream. I wasn't planning on trying the Enlightened but the calorie count is hard to pass up. The only other Enlightened I've tried is the Snickerdoodle. I ate most of it but I wasn't in love so I tossed the rest.

I wonder if I can get the caffeine fix I so desperately need from the Enlightened! :)
  • hgycta
    Options

I really liked Halo Top's because the coffee flavor was so subtle and it definitely reminded me of "real" coffee ice cream. I wasn't planning on trying the Enlightened but the calorie count is hard to pass up. The only other Enlightened I've tried is the Snickerdoodle. I ate most of it but I wasn't in love so I tossed the rest.

I wonder if I can get the caffeine fix I so desperately need from the Enlightened! :)
    Oh no the snickerdoodle is one of Enlightened’s worst pints (the pina colada was THE worst but thankfully they chose to discontinue it), you are overdue to try one of their more satisfying flavors!!!
  • Antmaril
    Antmaril Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Fudge Brownie Yasso Greek Yogurt Bars! Yummy!!!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I know you all are ice cream aficionados lol. Any of you try these brands I saw? Never seen before.pgd45i0vmj06.jpg
    ohvwtsbaqfiw.jpg
    o3uilp592sgw.jpg
    Wegmans has like an entire aisle of all these random brands of low calorie pints I've never seen before. Funny how its the new trend. First it was protein cookies now it's ice cream. Wonder what will be the next thing every brand will jump on.
  • hgycta
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I know you all are ice cream aficionados lol. Any of you try these brands I saw? Never seen before.pgd45i0vmj06.jpg
    ohvwtsbaqfiw.jpg
    o3uilp592sgw.jpg
    Wegmans has like an entire aisle of all these random brands of low calorie pints I've never seen before. Funny how its the new trend. First it was protein cookies now it's ice cream. Wonder what will be the next thing every brand will jump on.

I've seen Jeni's and Vice before, I always thought they were full fat ice cream super high in calories? Have I been missing out all along??? As for that MyMo, was that one low calorie too!?! Oh my goodness, I ADORE mochi and can't stop buying Halo Top's green tea mochi flavor even though I'm not a fan of green tea (or key lime, which I think is what it tastes more like) simply for its texture, so if there's another brand offering more variety and indulgent flavors count me in!!!! I'll have to drive out to Wegmans ASAP!

I'm 100% ok with this low calorie ice cream trend, if there's been any trending food thing this one is by far my favorite. A low calorie fudge would be appreciated next, but hey, I doubt I could eat as much fudge as I can these ice cream pints since fudge is a little trickier to make diet friendly!
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    @hgycta - ^^ none of those are low calorie pints.

Vice is pretty good, but I like Ben and Jerry's better, something about the flavor in Ben and Jerry's comes through more. But, Vice has some interesting mix-in combos that I haven't seen other brands do. Breakfast in Bed was yummy.

Jeni's is amazing- super dense and rich. The shop is close to my apartment and offers some super cool flavors. The pints are expensive though.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    @hgycta - ^^ none of those are low calorie pints.

Vice is pretty good, but I like Ben and Jerry's better, something about the flavor in Ben and Jerry's comes through more. But, Vice has some interesting mix-in combos that I haven't seen other brands do. Breakfast in Bed was yummy.

Jeni's is amazing- super dense and rich. The shop is close to my apartment and offers some super cool flavors. The pints are expensive though.

Darn it, I was getting my hopes up, too! What kind of low calorie pints did Wegmans have? Is it their own store brand? Anything even closely related to a cotton candy flavor by any miracle?

I’m trying Enlightened’s French Toast flavor now. It’s enjoyable, but not a repeat buy when they have so many other flavors I think taste a lot better. The swirl is good but also a bit heavy on the sugar alcohols whereas the base doesn’t do much. Some crunchy cinnamon dough balls would have been incredible, they could’ve made this a lot better. Not a pint for those sensitive to erythritol, you’ll probably hate it.
    wcl23p60np2o.jpeg
  • hgycta
    Options
    Amazon had a lightning deal on Death Wish, so that settled matters fairly quick. Caffeine informer rates Death Wish as having over 700mg of caffeine per 12 oz, but I made one 6 oz k cup so it was probably closer to 350mg. Best taste of any coffee I’ve had and STRONG stuff.... I can’t drink it regularly or else I’ll probably have heart issues but goodness this is the perfect stuff for when you really need that extra kick working overnight or something!

Also, I saw this in Walmart. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this flavor yogurt before in the Light & Fit varieties? It’s really good, I’ll be getting it again! But then again, I like most of the Light & Fit yogurts so I’m probably biased.
    hxczwlxxhf6i.jpeg

I got an email this morning from GNC about these new bars. If anyone here tries them please report how they are because they look amazing! I don’t normally go to GNC but I might have to make a special trip if they actually look as good as they’re portrayed here.
    2o4w42y477sz.jpeg
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    That lemon meringue yogurt sounds amazing! And I just tried Annie's Organic Bunny Fruit Snacks (not a new product but new to me), and they are sooo good! I tried strawberry, grape, and tropical (the tropical was my least favorite, which surprised me since I thought it'd be my most favorite), and they taste like real fruit and have a nice chewy texture. They hit the spot and satisfy that craving for gummies, which I admit is a hardcore addiction for me. I recommend them highly as a 70 calorie sweet treat.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Enlightened Ice Cream is bomb. I've tried four flavors so far and loved them all. Marshmallow Peanut Butter was one of them, and I agree -- the marshmallow taste does disappear the more you eat it, lol. I guess our tongue goes numb to the flavor? The peanut butter is very nice indeed. I doubt I'll ever go back to Halo Top. It's so icy and chemical tasting. I tried some of the new Arctic Zero flavors, and while I like them better than the old formulas, it still doesn't top Enlightened for me.

Has anyone seen No Pudge Brownie Mix in stores? I had it over ten years ago and suddenly remembered how great it was, lol. Fudgy, low cal brownies! But I can't seem to find it in stores anymore!

I think the flavor isn’t strong enough when I stop tasting it 1/3 of the way through. I had a peanut butter chocolate chip pint the other night, and it’s still my top flavor because I can taste the peanut butter flavor ALL THE WAY through. I remember the no pudge mix! I think Trader Joe’s reduced guilt brownie mix, if they still make it, was very similar if not identical. Made with yogurt right?

Unfortunately TJ discontinued that mix :( I had to order the No Pudge on Amazon. Can't wait to get it!